Post Reply Devilman Crybaby Anticipation
226504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 3/15/17



A new anime based on Go Nagai's Devilman manga will premiere as a Netflix Original Series in early spring of 2018. The anime, titled Devilman crybaby, will be available in 190 countries or territories, with nine spoken languages and 25 subtitle languages.

Masaaki Yuasa (Ping Pong the Animation, Mind Game) is directing the anime. at his Science SARU studio. Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Valvrave the Liberator) is writing the script. Eunyoung Choi is serving as animation producer. Aniplex and Dynamic Planning are producing the project.

In the anime's story, the protagonist Akira Fudo hears from his best friend Ryō Asuka that the demons will revive and reclaim the world from humans. As humans have no chance against the demons' power, Ryō suggests combining with a demon. Akira becomes Devilman, a being with the power of a demon and the heart of a human.


Nagai and Yuasa will appear together at a talk show at Anime Japan on March 25. The project marks Go Nagai's 50th anniversary as a creator.

Source
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-15/masaaki-yuasa-directs-new-devilman-anime-for-netflix/.113478


I remember watching the original series awhile ago and found it entertaining. Yuasa is also directing this so that's definitely something to pay attention to.

Coming for Spring 2018.
25932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 3/15/17 , edited 3/15/17
hi I actually really like Ichiro Okouchi, and Geass and VVV are both in my top 5 anime ever so.... I'm sort of excited for that.

But it looks bloody. So.....

............. but going by what people like about Voltron... there's likely to be at least some bishounen, so...
34174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/15/17
oh very cool. I know the Devilman manga get very dark very fast.
98358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/15/17

LavenderMintRose wrote:

hi I actually really like Ichiro Okouchi, and Geass and VVV are both in my top 5 anime ever so.... I'm sort of excited for that.

But it looks bloody. So.....

............. but going by what people like about Voltron... there's likely to be at least some bishounen, so...


Bloody...Well it is a Go Nagai series, guy pretty much carries the crown of "King of Sex and Violence"

That said, the Devilman series carries a lot of facinating concepts with it.

and yeah there should be some Bishounen, I think Ryo counts as one.




176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 3/16/17 , edited 3/16/17

Greylurker wrote:


LavenderMintRose wrote:

hi I actually really like Ichiro Okouchi, and Geass and VVV are both in my top 5 anime ever so.... I'm sort of excited for that.

But it looks bloody. So.....

............. but going by what people like about Voltron... there's likely to be at least some bishounen, so...


Bloody...Well it is a Go Nagai series, guy pretty much carries the crown of "King of Sex and Violence"

That said, the Devilman series carries a lot of facinating concepts with it.

and yeah there should be some Bishounen, I think Ryo counts as one.






Akira is also a bishonen (well in fanarts). I've read the manga. Will the anime tone down the blood and gore?

Manga spoiler
226504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/2/17
Preview #2 is out

https://youtu.be/b9-CbhrXy7I
riem2k 
11134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/17
It's good to see one of Go Nagai's classic works get some love but currently i am unsure about this new title art style compared to the ovas.



Posted 8/2/17
Sorry to see Devilman getting pussified.
7655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/17
Woah Masaaki Yuasa. This is going to be interesting.
65134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 8/2/17
The animation and art is awesome, I've heard a lot of good things about the manga so I can't wait. Netflix announced a lot of good stuff today!
riem2k 
11134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/3/17

dreamnarcotic wrote:

Sorry to see Devilman getting pussified.


Funnily there's individuals on mal asking for that to become the case, what would be the point of adapting one of the infamous PTA most hated mangaka Go Nagai then!

Posted 8/3/17

riem2k wrote:


dreamnarcotic wrote:

Sorry to see Devilman getting pussified.


Funnily there's individuals on mal asking for that to become the case, what would be the point of adapting one of the infamous PTA most hated mangaka Go Nagai then!



No one should hate Go. Without him, where would we be?
riem2k 
11134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/3/17

dreamnarcotic wrote:


riem2k wrote:


dreamnarcotic wrote:

Sorry to see Devilman getting pussified.


Funnily there's individuals on mal asking for that to become the case, what would be the point of adapting one of the infamous PTA most hated mangaka Go Nagai then!



No one should hate Go. Without him, where would we be?




Despite the fact that Go Nagai's work has made a enormous contribution to Japanese culture, he has received controversy from the PTA (Parent-Teacher Association) at the time. Since his inspirational work was made during the 1960's-1970's the PTA was mad at him for including graphic violence, sexual content, and other mature themes in his Manga as during the 1960's-1970's, that kind of stuff was never featured in any other Manga before. Which is the reason why the PTA was offended to see Go Nagai's Manga feature that material for the first time. Despite the controversy, Go Nagai never gave up, and he continued to do what he loved despite the PTA's complaints (he even made a Manga called The Abashiri Family as a harsh response to the PTA as that Manga featured a lot of inappropriate content in it).


https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/eugene_alejandro/blog/why-go-nagai-has-inspired-me/106259/

You must be logged in to post.