First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Student 'fascinated by firearms' wounds four in French high school shooting
Revolver Dogelot
73135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 3/16/17
Guys, tone down the insults and the profanity. If you can't post on these forums without making it personal please stop reading the forums.
llunga 
4753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 3/16/17


That's not just fascinating over something it's murder.
12131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/16/17 , edited 3/16/17

llunga wrote:



That's not just fascinating over something it's murder.


I think it was a mistranslation. In French the word "fascination" has a more extreme connotation than in English. The word in French is characterized by an irresistible attraction to something, in fact the French dictionnary I used to fact check myself likened it to a snake being entranced by a charmer's flute. While the English word fascination is closest in terms of spelling, the closest words in terms of definition would probably be fixation, or obsession. I think whoever translated the story just went with the former.
llunga 
4753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 3/16/17

octorockandroll wrote:


llunga wrote:



That's not just fascinating over something it's murder.


I think it was a mistranslation. In French the word "fascination" has a more extreme connotation than in English. The word in French is characterized by an irresistible attraction to something, in fact the French dictionnary I used to fact check myself likened it to a snake being entranced by a charmer's flute. While the English word fascination is closest in terms of spelling, the closest words in terms of definition would probably be fixation, or obsession. I think whoever translated the story just went with the former.


Yeah but I thought it was just a way to blame it on the guns again instead of the person. At least they don't plaster the persons name so they can't get fame off of it anymore. It seems they were trying to say guns are bad because once you're fixated on it then you will go out killing. They should have written, "Fixated on killing" or something like that. I don't know.
12131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/17/17

llunga wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


llunga wrote:



That's not just fascinating over something it's murder.


I think it was a mistranslation. In French the word "fascination" has a more extreme connotation than in English. The word in French is characterized by an irresistible attraction to something, in fact the French dictionnary I used to fact check myself likened it to a snake being entranced by a charmer's flute. While the English word fascination is closest in terms of spelling, the closest words in terms of definition would probably be fixation, or obsession. I think whoever translated the story just went with the former.


Yeah but I thought it was just a way to blame it on the guns again instead of the person. At least they don't plaster the persons name so they can't get fame off of it anymore. It seems they were trying to say guns are bad because once you're fixated on it then you will go out killing. They should have written, "Fixated on killing" or something like that. I don't know.


They did write fixated on killing though. And they blamed it on the kid being actually fucked up. Theres really nothing anti gun here except that a gun was used in a bad way.
llunga 
4753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 3/17/17

octorockandroll wrote:


llunga wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


llunga wrote:



That's not just fascinating over something it's murder.


I think it was a mistranslation. In French the word "fascination" has a more extreme connotation than in English. The word in French is characterized by an irresistible attraction to something, in fact the French dictionnary I used to fact check myself likened it to a snake being entranced by a charmer's flute. While the English word fascination is closest in terms of spelling, the closest words in terms of definition would probably be fixation, or obsession. I think whoever translated the story just went with the former.


Yeah but I thought it was just a way to blame it on the guns again instead of the person. At least they don't plaster the persons name so they can't get fame off of it anymore. It seems they were trying to say guns are bad because once you're fixated on it then you will go out killing. They should have written, "Fixated on killing" or something like that. I don't know.


They did write fixated on killing though. And they blamed it on the kid being actually fucked up. Theres really nothing anti gun here except that a gun was used in a bad way.


Oh lol, I didn't read it. I just saw the OP seemed irritated or something. lmao
12131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/17/17 , edited 3/17/17

llunga wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

They did write fixated on killing though. And they blamed it on the kid being actually fucked up. Theres really nothing anti gun here except that a gun was used in a bad way.


Oh lol, I didn't read it. I just saw the OP seemed irritated or something. lmao


Yeah, the thing with redokami is that she has a very strong tendency to distort facts and put words in other people's mouths so anything she says, especially if it's a thread OP, should be looked at with a good amount of scrutiny.
21885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 3/17/17 , edited 3/17/17

octorockandroll wrote:


llunga wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

They did write fixated on killing though. And they blamed it on the kid being actually fucked up. Theres really nothing anti gun here except that a gun was used in a bad way.


Oh lol, I didn't read it. I just saw the OP seemed irritated or something. lmao


Yeah, the thing with redokami is that she has a very strong tendency to distort facts and put words in other people's mouths so anything she says, especially if it's a thread OP, should be looked at with a good amount of scrutiny.


I didnt put words in anyones mouth here
I said that in the article in a back hand way it was implying blame on usa school shootings.
Also you will scrutinize me because it seems you have beef with me , like whatever i say you dont like
I could say dark chocolate is the best and you will rail at me about distorting facts lol
9328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 3/17/17 , edited 3/17/17

redokami wrote:
I said that in the article in a back hand way it was implying blame on usa school shootings.


And you'd be wrong. There's nothing in the article implying that.
21885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 3/17/17 , edited 3/17/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


redokami wrote:
I said that in the article in a back hand way it was implying blame on usa school shootings.


And you'd be wrong. There's nothing in the article implying that.


Multiple times it talked about usa school shootings, and that he was fascinated by them and guns, in a way you can place blame on usa school shootings .
Then why would they mention it at all except to imply?
12131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/17/17

redokami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


llunga wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

They did write fixated on killing though. And they blamed it on the kid being actually fucked up. Theres really nothing anti gun here except that a gun was used in a bad way.


Oh lol, I didn't read it. I just saw the OP seemed irritated or something. lmao


Yeah, the thing with redokami is that she has a very strong tendency to distort facts and put words in other people's mouths so anything she says, especially if it's a thread OP, should be looked at with a good amount of scrutiny.


I didnt put words in anyones mouth here
I said that in the article in a back hand way it was implying blame on usa school shootings.
Also you will scrutinize me because it seems you have beef with me , like whatever i say you dont like
I could say dark chocolate is the best and you will rail at me about distorting facts lol


It was never at any point blaming america as you claim nor did you ever claim that it was an implication. You stated that america was being blamed, not that american school shootings were being blamed as you now try to spin it, as a fact. Nowhere did you note that that was an implication, not that it would matter since both would be lies.

As for why I scrutinize you, it's because you always do this stuff where you say crap that has no basis in reality and then even when multiple people call you out on it like they have in this instance your only reaction is to claim that it's because of some random personal vendetta and further add to your gargantuan pile of baseless claims.
21885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 3/17/17

octorockandroll wrote:


redokami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


llunga wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

They did write fixated on killing though. And they blamed it on the kid being actually fucked up. Theres really nothing anti gun here except that a gun was used in a bad way.


Oh lol, I didn't read it. I just saw the OP seemed irritated or something. lmao


Yeah, the thing with redokami is that she has a very strong tendency to distort facts and put words in other people's mouths so anything she says, especially if it's a thread OP, should be looked at with a good amount of scrutiny.


I didnt put words in anyones mouth here
I said that in the article in a back hand way it was implying blame on usa school shootings.
Also you will scrutinize me because it seems you have beef with me , like whatever i say you dont like
I could say dark chocolate is the best and you will rail at me about distorting facts lol


It was never at any point blaming america as you claim nor did you ever claim that it was an implication. You stated that america was being blamed, not that american school shootings were being blamed as you now try to spin it, as a fact. Nowhere did you note that that was an implication, not that it would matter since both would be lies.

As for why I scrutinize you, it's because you always do this stuff where you say crap that has no basis in reality and then even when multiple people call you out on it like they have in this instance your only reaction is to claim that it's because of some random personal vendetta and further add to your gargantuan pile of baseless claims.


itsnot baseless, after all its one of the main things you do to me and it was the first thing you did, even implying I sound like a retard : )
5824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Wherever
Offline
Posted 3/17/17
Stumbled into the wrong thread
12131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/17/17

redokami wrote:
itsnot baseless, after all its one of the main things you do to me and it was the first thing you did, even implying I sound like a retard : )


Uh, yeah. Because people who say others are saying things they have never said, especially things as wrong and disrespectful as blaming a school shooting on said others, are inevitably going to sound like retards. Sorry to say.
Posted 3/17/17
Why you being so rough on Redokami she can have her opinions- damn some people
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.