First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Racism in Gaming ???
11815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/17

limeparadox wrote:

how exactly do you conflate one guy saying something mean on twitter with "racism" against white people being an Actual Serious Problem in the game industry? do you have any actual examples of serious discrimination against white gamers or something?

also, for someone who feels the need to be smug about your "UNCENSORED" opinions in that embarrassing signature, you sure do seem upset by the idea of this guy posting his uncensored opinions . . .


Yeah but this could apply to the other side exactly 100%

the original poster was just showing hypocrisy, he's not saying that this guy goes around seriously harming white people with discrimination.
Posted 3/19/17 , edited 3/19/17
Who ever made this was racist against Asari that's for damn sure
Posted 3/19/17 , edited 3/19/17
I mean who cares. None of us should get angry just from someone who has a stupid view, let the man live.
4322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/17

dulun18 wrote:



i got Mass effect trilogy for $5 during one of the flash sales.. have yet to get around to play it though

I heard that it's pretty good series so i'll get around to play it soon or later

so one racist punk will not ruin the whole series for me.. unless the head honcho of the company and its employees all jumped in and saying the same thing...


Mass effect is a good series

speaking of which.. i heard of the facial animations recently.. i didn't think it will get to this point though..
http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/18/14969390/mass-effect-andromeda-lead-animator-harassment
Posted 3/19/17

Hobomilk wrote:

I mean who cares. None of us should get angry just from someone who has a stupid view, let the man live.


I think its good for people to know so they can make an informed decision when buying games. I certainly would not want to be giving my money to a company that endorses that crap.
Posted 3/19/17
Of course im not saying endorse it but its his mindset so let him do as he wishes.
3527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/17 , edited 3/19/17

limeparadox wrote:

how exactly do you conflate one guy saying something mean on twitter with "racism" against white people being an Actual Serious Problem in the game industry? do you have any actual examples of serious discrimination against white gamers or something?

also, for someone who feels the need to be smug about your "UNCENSORED" opinions in that embarrassing signature, you sure do seem upset by the idea of this guy posting his uncensored opinions . . .


why not quote his message in your reply ?

throwing insults at another user without quoting his/her original message is low imo.. you want to make yourself feel superior by making insults against others and yet don't want to be direct --

if you want direct confrontation use the quote option-- he/she will get a notice (giving the person a chance to see it).. not every user will read every single post in a thread

you sure do seem upset by the idea of this guy posting his uncensored opinions ...

here i'll quote it for you


quoted



TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


Yeah but this could apply to the other side exactly 100%

the original poster was just showing hypocrisy, he's not saying that this guy goes around seriously harming white people with discrimination.


i guess some people just don't get it.... and off they go... ranting on about "upset" and signature :?

this signature ?

"I am SJWs/Feminists' worst nightmare and this is my UNCENSORED opinion. "


i guess if i was a sjw/feminist that's the typical response

#triggered



runec wrote:

That the dude is an asshole and that you are beginning the thread with a strawman argument.

Also, looks like he doesn't work at Bioware anymore.


is it because of all those tweets ?

2429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 3/19/17
Everyone is too opinionated and sensitive, nevertheless bitter which has stemmed from such. I almost can't take those tweets seriously though as if they're trolling, although I know they aren't.
16454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Idaho
Offline
Posted 3/19/17
People get too easily offended by the most stupid things these days, to each their own I suppose.
1146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Online
Posted 3/19/17 , edited 3/20/17
I think instead of trying to censor and control free speech governments should offer desensitization therapy to the people who get offended by stupid stuff. Personally though I have pretty much given up on humanity at this point.
gsm642 
1886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 3/19/17
I don't understand the hate with mass effect I like it and I pre ordered it. its a awesome series. I think personally people just suck in general and will hate on something no matter what because we just suck as a species because of people like that dude is one reason I heard aliens are not going to make contact with us until well we grow up and start acting like adults.
574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 3/19/17 , edited 3/20/17
Stupid post imo. there are prople i disagree with all the time. on youtube, guys like Blunty and Thunderf00t have horrible political opinions yet they make great content. JonTron is a FREAKING WHITE SUPREMACIST yet people love him (for some reason)

people have political opinions but as long as it doesnt translate onto their work, who the heck cares?
1528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Cosmos
Online
Posted 3/19/17
I thought this post was going to be about little suburban CoD kids using the N-Word whenever someone that sounds remotely black gets on voice chat.

Also I can see what he's trying to get at with the first post, but it doesn't really work as well as he wished it could
Posted 3/19/17
Bioware *Cringe*.
5357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/17 , edited 3/20/17
Gamergaters will manage to get offended by anything that questions their white male superiority.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.