First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Racism in Gaming ???
jl6
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida
Offline
Posted 3/20/17
what trash what game this from anyway?
Posted 3/20/17

jl6 wrote:

what trash what game this from anyway?


Ass effect
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/20/17
Is racism in gaming really that big an issue? I dunno, I would be more concerned with sexism in gaming. On one hand you have Anita Sarkisian and those who follow her and on the other you have those who think any and all women involved in games are like her and should be flamed. When you run the numbers it seems like a bigger issue than some rando's tweet.
12469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/17

LadyPsychic wrote:


b17bomber wrote:

Stupid post imo. there are prople i disagree with all the time. on youtube, guys like Blunty and Thunderf00t have horrible political opinions yet they make great content. JonTron is a FREAKING WHITE SUPREMACIST yet people love him (for some reason)

people have political opinions but as long as it doesnt translate onto their work, who the heck cares?


What? JonTron is a white supremacist? I never heard of that! Is that really true? Or is it the media and/or SJW hypocrites taking something he said or did out of context, and making him look worse than he actually is (like what happened with Pewdiepie)?



Find me good context for these words:
“wealthy blacks commit more crime than poor whites.”
“Is it okay to keep a country from progressing in order to keep its racial identity? Do you think that’s an okay thing?” he asked. “Yeah, I think it’s fine. Japan does it.” JonTron replied.
Posted 3/21/17

Goff256 wrote:


Find me good context for these words:
“wealthy blacks commit more crime than poor whites.”
“Is it okay to keep a country from progressing in order to keep its racial identity? Do you think that’s an okay thing?” he asked. “Yeah, I think it’s fine. Japan does it.” JonTron replied.


When discussing race, crime and immigration? That's a good context.



So this happened
No space opera for White People
12469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


Goff256 wrote:


Find me good context for these words:
“wealthy blacks commit more crime than poor whites.”
“Is it okay to keep a country from progressing in order to keep its racial identity? Do you think that’s an okay thing?” he asked. “Yeah, I think it’s fine. Japan does it.” JonTron replied.


When discussing race, crime and immigration? That's a good context.



So this happened
No space opera for White People


I'm going to stop you there.

There is never good context for racism.
11762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:



So this happened
No space opera for White People




Pictured: the default character avatar for Mass Effect Andromeda.

I would ask you to please stop lying to push some narrative of other people being racist, but let's face it. That would be giving you too much credit.


Goff256 wrote:

There is never good context for racism.


^this
12297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/21/17
Ew, what a disgusting person.
1173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / IDK
Offline
Posted 3/21/17
Yeah that Ex-Bioware dev is pretty damn racist.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/17
Ummmm
29932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 3/21/17
Hell Yeah it is!!


When was the last time you saw a black Tie fighter pilot? Yeah? didn't think so. Wait..... is Vader considered black? (James Earl Jones?) Does his armor count? I mean he is the armor right?
735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 3/22/17

b17bomber wrote:


LadyPsychic wrote:


b17bomber wrote:

Stupid post imo. there are prople i disagree with all the time. on youtube, guys like Blunty and Thunderf00t have horrible political opinions yet they make great content. JonTron is a FREAKING WHITE SUPREMACIST yet people love him (for some reason)

people have political opinions but as long as it doesnt translate onto their work, who the heck cares?


What? JonTron is a white supremacist? I never heard of that! Is that really true? Or is it the media and/or SJW hypocrites taking something he said or did out of context, and making him look worse than he actually is (like what happened with Pewdiepie)?



i understand what you mean with the pewdiepie situation, which was ugly from the start. even a guy like me, who holds WSJ to a higher standard than most other papers, was pretty disgusted from that hit piece. but no this is from the words

followed him on twitter. theres no secondary source. i thought the dude was hacked, but he truly believes "White Genocide" is a real thing, and wants to protect "white culture" from "diversity (non whites). because im not white, i dont fit in JonTron's America and need to be sent to Africa

if you dont believe me just check his twitter https://twitter.com/JonTronShow ] he's proud of it and none of his white genocide rants are deleted. i had to do my own research because i couldn't believe a guy i loved would say such dark and evil things


What? Really?! That's disturbing. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he was talking about illegal immigration, but if those twitter rants are his true feelings then he should be ashamed of himself. I'm white myself, but I have a mixed raced cousin. That is one of several reasons why I'm an anti-bigot. I wish to make a better world for my cousin; so I hate bigots with a passion. If Jontron truly is a racist, then that makes him my enemy! Of course, it's still possible that his sentiment isn't completely bigoted but just a misguided form of traditionalism and/or a longing for things to go back to how they were in the 90's/80's/70's/etc. However, since traditionalism can become racism (or sexism or homophobia for that matter), Jontron (and other traditionalists) should learn to let it go and accept that society is changing whether they like it or not.

735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 3/22/17

Goff256 wrote:


LadyPsychic wrote:


b17bomber wrote:

Stupid post imo. there are prople i disagree with all the time. on youtube, guys like Blunty and Thunderf00t have horrible political opinions yet they make great content. JonTron is a FREAKING WHITE SUPREMACIST yet people love him (for some reason)

people have political opinions but as long as it doesnt translate onto their work, who the heck cares?


What? JonTron is a white supremacist? I never heard of that! Is that really true? Or is it the media and/or SJW hypocrites taking something he said or did out of context, and making him look worse than he actually is (like what happened with Pewdiepie)?



Find me good context for these words:
“wealthy blacks commit more crime than poor whites.”
“Is it okay to keep a country from progressing in order to keep its racial identity? Do you think that’s an okay thing?” he asked. “Yeah, I think it’s fine. Japan does it.” JonTron replied.


The only good context of those words I can think of is if he wasn't being himself, but was actually parodying a bigoted traditionalist Republican. If it was a joke (albeit a very unfunny one) then maybe I could accept it, but....

If those words were really his true feelings, then the pedestal I held him on has just crumbled into a million pieces.

16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 3/22/17

LadyPsychic wrote:


Goff256 wrote:


LadyPsychic wrote:


b17bomber wrote:

Stupid post imo. there are prople i disagree with all the time. on youtube, guys like Blunty and Thunderf00t have horrible political opinions yet they make great content. JonTron is a FREAKING WHITE SUPREMACIST yet people love him (for some reason)

people have political opinions but as long as it doesnt translate onto their work, who the heck cares?


What? JonTron is a white supremacist? I never heard of that! Is that really true? Or is it the media and/or SJW hypocrites taking something he said or did out of context, and making him look worse than he actually is (like what happened with Pewdiepie)?



Find me good context for these words:
“wealthy blacks commit more crime than poor whites.”
“Is it okay to keep a country from progressing in order to keep its racial identity? Do you think that’s an okay thing?” he asked. “Yeah, I think it’s fine. Japan does it.” JonTron replied.


The only good context of those words I can think of is if he wasn't being himself, but was actually parodying a bigoted traditionalist Republican. If it was a joke (albeit a very unfunny one) then maybe I could accept it, but....

If those words were really his true feelings, then the pedestal I held him on has just crumbled into a million pieces.





Jontron was in a very sensitive topic of debate on the side against mass immigration, that I'll admit I don't think he was quite prepared for. Mostly because it was his first debate ever, but also because he was debating the long forgotten starcraft 2 twitch streamer cuck sjw now turned debater Destiny, who basically just lives to paint people he's debating into corners so he can label them as racist and dismiss them.

That's really all Destiny tried to do the whole debate, he wasn't really trying to solve any problems about mass immigration of 20-29 year old Muslim men that could potentially be terrorists, it was all about trying to make Jontron say something that could be perceived as racist.

Even though I hate to say it,but statistically, it is fact that blacks commit more violent crimes in the USA then whites. Now there are many many outside factors such as single parent homes that could be a part of this, but Destiny wouldn't let him explain any of this because as soon as Jontron said this statistic it was over because Destiny labeled him as a racist.

anddd you guys realize Jontron isn't even fully white? Hes half Persian, so yeah, he's not a FREAKING WHITE SUPREMACIST automatically by these "you're not white so you can't be racist" terms.


735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 3/22/17

borsko2 wrote:

Jontron was in a very sensitive topic of debate on the side against mass immigration, that I'll admit I don't think he was quite prepared for. Mostly because it was his first debate ever, but also because he was debating the long forgotten starcraft 2 twitch streamer cuck sjw now turned debater Destiny, who basically just lives to paint people he's debating into corners so he can label them as racist and dismiss them.

That's really all Destiny tried to do the whole debate, he wasn't really trying to solve any problems about mass immigration of 20-29 year old Muslim men that could potentially be terrorists, it was all about trying to make Jontron say something that could be perceived as racist.

Even though I hate to say it,but statistically, it is fact that blacks commit more violent crimes in the USA then whites. Now there are many many outside factors such as single parent homes that could be a part of this, but Destiny wouldn't let him explain any of this because as soon as Jontron said this statistic it was over because Destiny labeled him as a racist.

anddd you guys realize Jontron isn't even fully white? Hes half Persian, so yeah, he's not a FREAKING WHITE SUPREMACIST automatically by these "you're not white so you can't be racist" terms.




Ah, I see. So he was tricked by an sjw into looking like a bigot, eh? Okay, if this is true then my anger towards Jontron is somewhat abated. That said, Jontron should've known better than to get into a debate with someone like that (I don't know if he knew about that guy's reputation, but if he did then he should've refused to debate him. Or at the very least he should've prepared for it more). Also, Jontron should've never brought statistics into the equation (since there are many people who tend to take statistics with at least a grain of salt and/or believe that certain statistics were made up and/or manipulated by bigots in charge). Speaking of statistics, I wonder if there is there is a statistic as to which race has the most false accusations/convictions to crimes they did not actually commit? If there was such a statistic, I wonder which race would be in the lead? If Jontron was debating me, instead of that sjw, that is what I would have responded with.

Also, I personally believe that anyone can be racist regardless as to whether they are white, black, Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, etc. Just like women who believe that "men should be slaves to women" are just as sexist as men who believe that "women only exist to cook, clean, and make babies".

13414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sibyl System
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 3/23/17
I am not going to really reply to the originally asked question but I would like to clarify something that a large amount of people seem to not understand and no one explains.

Regardless of your race, you can be racist. BUT when people say you can't be racist if you are not white WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN is if a white person contains racism in them and projects that in any numerous ways, it systematically affects minorities (depending on the situation obviously). If a black person or any minority is racist towards a white person, that white person is not systematically affected because we do not live in a world of equality. As many people say, "It's a white man's world". Also, notice...it's a "man's"world... If you are born a white male, you're pretty much set...unless you are "white trash", but that's a WHOLEEE other discussion. Which really quickly, "white trash" are often treated just as poorly as minorities. ANYWAYS, point is, the terminology is obviously an issue here. It's like the argument that people want to consider Chimpanzees, Elephants, and Dolphins human in legal terms. They are not saying they are literally human. They are saying they should have the same basic rights that humans have. The English language is honestly just confusing.

SO, what tends to happen is minorities take out their frustration of being oppressed and treated unfairly by being racist towards white people. As a result, this argument comes up about "I'm not being racist because you're white" or "Reverse-racism!!"

Here is an article that explains better than I did some things such as the difference between Prejudice and Racism which I find important to understanding the comments that people make:
https://www.thoughtco.com/racism-vs-prejudice-3026086

If you really care about all of this, you can do some of your own research. I've done plenty, but I'm not about to list a shit ton of sources. This one is just simple to understanding people's comments and it's effects.

Now, as a mixed child, I am forced to see the world through more than one lens. And as someone who grew up in a predominantly white community, I can now see it through three lenses. When it comes to discussions like these, mixed people tend to either 1. Take a side of one race based on upbringing and based on which they identify more as. 2. Be caught in between because they strongly identify as both or all the races that they are biologically made up of. I am the latter.

I am not going to take a stance here because I don't get on Crunchyroll enough and don't feel like wasting my time arguing with someone because they disagree with me right now. I have better things to do. Do know that I can understand this from many perspectives making it hard for me (all the time) to develop my own opinion. Which often ends up being a sort of compromise. But, I felt it was important to explain this because people just don't take the time to explain what they mean when they say "Reverse-racism doesn't exist" and I feel that it was important to explain how torn mixed people end up from stuff like this (at least I do...I do have other mixed friends that tend to just identify more with one race).

Edit: If you reply to me I will not be reading it for probably 6 months because that's literally how often I get online lol. But thank you for taking the time to reply.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.