First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Pride - Not all are treated equal
Posted 3/21/17

ninjitsuko wrote:



Like it or not, that's the reality. Caucasian "heritage/culture" is diversified into our plethora of cultures by geographical locations. In the United States, we celebrate our own culture by celebrating the country that "we" founded. Just like most countries have various celebrations of their culture and heritage as a whole.


Then why not say


"Japanese" (Asians) do not necessarily have culture or heritage to call its own

Because by your logic you should approve of that statement.
Even then saying 'culture' doesn't exist is just dancing to the cultural marxist tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hWYgPDVX_8
Posted 3/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Then why not say


"Japanese" (Asians) do not necessarily have culture or heritage to call its own

Because by your logic you should approve of that statement.


Because the statement you're implying is incorrect. The race of Caucasians does not have a "unified culture". Instead, we (Caucasians) have been celebrating our culture on an ancestral or geological basis - not a racial one. When it comes to the United States, specifically, "Caucasian Culture" is essentially the "birth" of the country itself. There are some shady elements as to how we imposed our majority rule over the minorities for quite some time; but that's aside from the point (that I'm making, not of the thread).

You're perceiving my statements as saying that we haven't any culture - when I've actually been saying that our culture is so divided that we, as a race, do not naturally celebrate our race - but our ancestry (Irish-American, German-American, etc etc..) or because what country we're in (American holidays as cited above). The "pride" aspect is mostly to leverage the playing field against the majority; an indication that we're all equal and have contributed in different ways. As the minority races in America show pride in themselves as they've been told (through society or through various individuals) that they aren't as "valued" as Caucasians (the majority).

In line with the topic, though, this is mostly centralized to Americans (United States) than any other country. That's why you see more Caucasians doing ancestry DNA tests than other races - they want to know what their heritage, lineage, and "founding culture" was. Why? Because we're pretty much the majority in the United States and know that we've achieved many things for the country and the world (as a race). We're also not the ones that have been told, in various ways, that we haven't.
9305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Israel
Offline
Posted 3/21/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

You're ignoring history and its connotations for the direct word by word definition, as in White Pride is taking pride in being white and black pride is taking pride in being black.

No, they have very different histories which cannot be ignored. It is not so much that Wikipedia is dictating that the races are different but the interpretation of what each demographic movement usually means.

If you want a better argument, I honestly believe racial pride is sort of dumb. Race and sexuality are just how you are born, they are genetic randomness at work, not accomplishments. Taking pride for others accomplishments just because you share the same "racial" identity is dumb, delusional, and often done by people who want to feel great without doing anything worthwhile, such as certain BLM racists, or white supremacy for a great deal of people. I think Civil Rights and Gay Right are more apt if anything else, whereas Whites cannot be truthfully said to have fought for their rights as a "race" in much of western civilization, because most of them did not need to. More Eastern countries might differ in recent history for its treatment of whites, Christians, etc. Reportedly, they are being killed by ISIS.


^

People really need to think deeper and not take everything as is.
25544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


ninjitsuko wrote:



Like it or not, that's the reality. Caucasian "heritage/culture" is diversified into our plethora of cultures by geographical locations. In the United States, we celebrate our own culture by celebrating the country that "we" founded. Just like most countries have various celebrations of their culture and heritage as a whole.


Then why not say


"Japanese" (Asians) do not necessarily have culture or heritage to call its own

Because by your logic you should approve of that statement.
Even then saying 'culture' doesn't exist is just dancing to the cultural marxist tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hWYgPDVX_8


The same could apply to Asians, because not all Asians are Japanese. Nor Chinese. Nor Laotian. National Ethnicity is a lot more specific than "race" or continental origins.


The temples of Ankgor Wat are different than those devoted to Shintoism in Japan.

In a sense, most people here celebrate their Americanism and their national ethnicity. It is not one or the other.
Posted 3/21/17

ninjitsuko wrote:



Because the statement you're implying is incorrect.


And so is your original statement. Its like Europe doesn't exist in whatever dimension you're posting from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Europe
Unfortunately they are going to have to add taharrush and bacha bazi to the list here soon.
Posted 3/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
And so is your original statement. Its like Europe doesn't exist in whatever dimension you're posting from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Europe
Unfortunately they are going to have to add taharrush and bacha bazi to the list here soon.



You're perceiving my statements as saying that we haven't any culture - when I've actually been saying that our culture is so divided that we, as a race, do not naturally celebrate our race - but our ancestry (Irish-American, German-American, etc etc..) or because what country we're in (American holidays as cited above).


Like I said - Caucasians generally do not have a "unified culture". I actually find it hilarious to see most Americans celebrate their European ancestry when there's plenty enough history within one's own ancestry in America (at least in this generation). If I were to look at the haplogroup that I belong to I would have to celebrate being: British, Irish, French, German, Scandinavian, Swedish, Dutch, West African, Italian, Norwegian, and Finnish. We've travelled so much as a race that there are fragments of "culture" that constitutes "us" but we're not unified in any way, shape, or form - especially not modern day society (there isn't a unified "stance" as to what constitutes as "Caucasian Culture" in the United States among Caucasians, would you disagree with this? ... yes, it's a loaded question; agreeing or disagreeing would prove my point).

This never changes. Most minority races that have "pride" in what they are aren't attempting to state that "Being <insert minority race> is superior to being Caucasian". It's basically "We know Caucasians are the majority but we also have a leg to stand on!" (same goes for difference in sexuality cultures).

So I retain that my original comment still stands - just that you choose not to read what I've written; which is fine.
25544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 3/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


ninjitsuko wrote:



Because the statement you're implying is incorrect.


And so is your original statement. Its like Europe doesn't exist in whatever dimension you're posting from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Europe
Unfortunately they are going to have to add taharrush and bacha bazi to the list here soon.


Europe is a continent made up of Germany, Great Britain, France....they do have some aspects that are uniquely their own. Let us not kid ourselves. Ninjitsuko has been saying that race as a whole does not matter as much to a great deal of people as the ancestry, dependent on a few factors. For whites who were here for generations, it can be said they celebrate their American culture. The same can be said for multigenerational blacks, in that they celebrate American Black Culture rather than whatever country their ancestors were from 200+ years ago.

It of course does differ among people, like Native Americans who do celebrate their racial identity, but most people do celebrate their ethnicity as a country, and not as a huge race. That is why when Japanese people celebrate their heritage, most of them celebrate a Japanese heritage, not an Asian.

Racial and sexual pride is a bit different, seeing as whites were and are the majority in nearly every Western Country. They had more "rights", because as a majority, they did not have to suffer mob rule that often comes with the tribalism of sustained belief common among those who "share" a racial identity, or the discrimination often exercised against minorities. This is not to say whites do not suffer in many parts of the world, often because they are the minority, or singled out for this reason. Germans during WWI, for example.

This is getting a bit off topic, because I forgot the point. It seems you're just arguing with Ninjitsuko on a tangent.
9314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 3/21/17
As a white guy, I'm puzzled by how we always seem to get mad about things that are generally harmless when talking about race.
28197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/21/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote

This is getting a bit off topic, because I forgot the point. It seems you're just arguing with Ninjitsuko on a tangent.


That's kind of what people do when they can't dig themselves out of their inadequate reasoning practices--they either dig themselves in deeper or start diverting points to cover up their long list of logical failures.

Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/21/17

ninjitsuko wrote:



Like I said - Caucasians generally do not have a "unified culture".


Western culture.

Its hard to see it because its the dominant culture in the world, but yeah I'd say western culture is a unifying, white culture built and maintained by whites.
Ejanss 
17017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/21/17

Rujikin wrote:
Isn't it odd how some people can take pride in their culture and heritage while others are demonized and chastised. Is this what tolerance and diversity should be?


As I like to joke every Pride Parade day (since I live in a northeast college-town):
"C'mon, when do the OTHER Six Deadly Sins get their own day, already? I see plenty of Greed, Jealousy and Anger, when do we get down with the Lust, Gluttony and Sloth parties? "
25544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


ninjitsuko wrote:



Like I said - Caucasians generally do not have a "unified culture".


Western culture.

Its hard to see it because its the dominant culture in the world, but yeah I'd say western culture is a unifying, white culture built and maintained by whites.


Because the West is overwhelmingly white, and whites were responsible for all of modern western culture. I consider Western to be huge. Our modern concept of freedom and civil liberties might not have arisen if blacks did not greatly contribute to their own racial movements, or the acceptance of other groups, which were often propelled by those minorities, if we are getting into the idea of "western" tolerance. This all depends on how far you want to go back, with the last 100 years showing huge improvements, but it is pretty vague, considering that westerners are not limited to white folks, nor is it a complete melting pot anymore than Eastern culture at this point. (Maybe more so for westerners)


In any case, the last tagline seems to border on the "no true scotsman's fallacy". I disagree with your definition of western culture. Whose to say the Blacks or Gays or Asians or Hispanics are not contributing or maintaining it, or rather changing it, especially in the face of widespread acceptance and tolerance?

In any case, having different cultural heritages does not mean you do not contribute to that of a large section of Society that compromises half a hemisphere, encompassing many nations and many different people.

26552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / FL
Offline
Posted 3/21/17
(੭ ˃̣̣̥ ω˂̣̣̥)੭ु⁾⁾
28197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/21/17

Ejanss wrote:
As I like to joke every Pride Parade day (since I live in a northeast college-town):
"C'mon, when do the OTHER Six Deadly Sins get their own day, already? I see plenty of Greed, Jealousy and Anger, when do we get down with the Lust, Gluttony and Sloth parties? "


Ironically, I also thought of the 7 sins when reading this topic--although what came to mind was Pride from FMAB because I'm a weeb.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.