First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense
23208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17
If windows 10 wasn't already bad enough it gets worse. Networks you connect to are saved to the microsoft cloud, microsoft has your router login info. You can then be sent connection info automatically from windows so you connect to WIFI networks as soon as your in range.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2956393/windows/microsoft-windows-10-wi-fi-sense-an-astoundingly-bad-idea.html

I can see this being horrible in a couple of ways:
1) Hacker gets into microsoft server then has millions of wifi passwords they can sell
2) Hackers pretending to be microsoft servers can middleman your computer and trick them into connecting to a network by sharing it with people and them not knowing what this "feature" is then monitor you typing your bank info and you would never know.
3) Hackers get into the main servers and automatically send a virus to literally everyone before they are noticed.

I'm not letting any Windows/Virus 10 computers connect to my actual WIFI. Fuck windows
9040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / MtF / PA
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17
I don't even care anymore though.
33440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17
Uh, the people who would be affected would be the dumb ones that decides to share their network.........


If you select that you do want to share, then the WiFi password is encrypted and stored in Microsoft’s cloud somewhere.
13315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17

nanikore2 wrote:

Uh, the people who would be affected would be the dumb ones that decides to share their network.........


If you select that you do want to share, then the WiFi password is encrypted and stored in Microsoft’s cloud somewhere.


That would require reading the article though... The Microsoft Hate-Waggon is strong on this site.
23208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17

nanikore2 wrote:

Uh, the people who would be affected would be the dumb ones that decides to share their network.........


If you select that you do want to share, then the WiFi password is encrypted and stored in Microsoft’s cloud somewhere.


and I as the router owner get my router details shared without even being asked. Windows is spyware.
33440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17

Rujikin wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Uh, the people who would be affected would be the dumb ones that decides to share their network.........


If you select that you do want to share, then the WiFi password is encrypted and stored in Microsoft’s cloud somewhere.


and I as the router owner get my router details shared without even being asked. Windows is spyware.


Won't happen if you don't share...

The opt-out is for when you change your mind about having the information in the system, and want it purged.
23208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17

nanikore2 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Uh, the people who would be affected would be the dumb ones that decides to share their network.........


If you select that you do want to share, then the WiFi password is encrypted and stored in Microsoft’s cloud somewhere.


and I as the router owner get my router details shared without even being asked. Windows is spyware.


Won't happen if you don't share...

The opt-out is for when you change your mind about having the information in the system, and want it purged.


I don't even have windows 10 and my network could be shared by someone connecting to it.
17137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17
Waaaaahhhh... Here's an idea. CONFIGURE YOUR DEVICES. INCLUDING YOUR ROUTER.

*shocking*
23208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17

mastersensenpai wrote:

Waaaaahhhh... Here's an idea. CONFIGURE YOUR DEVICES. INCLUDING YOUR ROUTER.

*shocking*


*change the password everytime someone with windows 10 connects
779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17
So nothing to be concerned about at all. Ok then. Good to know...I guess?
33440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17

Rujikin wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Uh, the people who would be affected would be the dumb ones that decides to share their network.........


If you select that you do want to share, then the WiFi password is encrypted and stored in Microsoft’s cloud somewhere.


and I as the router owner get my router details shared without even being asked. Windows is spyware.


Won't happen if you don't share...

The opt-out is for when you change your mind about having the information in the system, and want it purged.


I don't even have windows 10 and my network could be shared by someone connecting to it.


.......then either don't have other people connect or check their settings

If they use other OSes (Android / iOS / etc) then it's not a problem
21644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17
Under what bedrock have you been living in? every time you get a new os feature you read it and if you don't like it disable it as it can be done on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile it goes way back to windows 8.
23208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/21/17 , edited 3/22/17

IngramIV wrote:

Under what bedrock have you been living in? every time you get a new os feature you read it and if you don't like it disable it as it can be done on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile it goes way back to windows 8.


I've been with the Linux master OS. It does what it should and doesn't come pre-packaged with spyware. Every time I look at windows I get more glad I switched. I stopped at windows 7 thanks to all the shit. The only reason I have 7 anymore is a few games I never play because I don't want to use windows.
42571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
waffle
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 3/23/17
Good thing I'm not using Win 10
llunga 
5065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 3/23/17
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.