First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Loading, Please Wait
327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 8/30/17
No matter what series/episode or at what day/hour I stream them in my Roku 2, it will continually go into the "Loading, Please Wait" black screen every few minutes. The "funny" thing is that if I logout of my account, the video will play seamlessly O_ox

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the crunchyroll app, Changed resolution to 1080p. Restarting the Roku.

If this issue is not fixed within a month I will be forced to otop paying for premium since login out seems to be the only solution to this problem.

p.s. My Roku 2 XD is connected by an hdmi cable to the HD television and is using the latest firmware available.
30000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
84 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 3/22/17

mangamuscle wrote:

The "funny" thing is that if I logout of my account, the video will play seamlessly O_ox

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the crunchyroll app, Changed resolution to 1080p. Restarting the Roku.

Have you tried setting you account to other video resolutions such as 720p instead of 1080?
327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 3/22/17
My Roku 2 XD *is* set by default to 720p to save bandwidth (and so is my crunchyroll account settings video preferences), I changed resolution in my Roku momentarily to 1080p to see if there was any improvement (which there wasn't).
24564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / FL
Offline
Posted 3/22/17
damn I won't ever go to Roku..do you have the most expensive plan or what type?
327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 3/22/17 , edited 3/22/17

eggrollsama wrote:

damn I won't ever go to Roku..do you have the most expensive plan or what type?


It worked flawlessly until recently and as you can see I have crunchies "simple" premium (Roku's do not have plans, you own them). All other apps (Youtube, Netflix, Dailymotion, etc.) stream videos without any hicupps, so do not blame Roku or my isp (I am looking at you crunchy)l.

24564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / FL
Offline
Posted 3/22/17
hmmm, does Roku have VRV ?
327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 3/22/17

eggrollsama wrote:

hmmm, does Roku have VRV ?


If it has it is not available in my country, but even it did, I am not going to pay one extra cent to receive hiccup free streaming as I was receiving a few weeks ago. That is, supposing changing to VRV would solve the issue, which would be mighty suspicious if you ask me.

106599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 3/23/17

eggrollsama wrote:

hmmm, does Roku have VRV ?

No, VRV does not yet have a Roku app.

VRV currently has apps for iOS, Android, Xbox One, PS4, and most recently, Chromecast.

327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Mexico
Offline
Posted 3/23/17
OK, I did some more checking and it indeed looks like the culprit is the new encoding method, since old episodes do not stutter (or stutter less). I do hope crunchy updates the Roku app to seamessly stream the new encodes (asking them to rollback their encoding policy is probably to much to ask). Otherwise a paid subscription will be of no use to me.
16005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 4/5/17
anybody get a update about how it is going with the roku system ? been 7 days since mine stopped working with new episodes I've contacted crunchy roll about it and they have been talking with me about elevating it to tech support or something and its been a few days with no reply from them
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/12/17

Luckylee15 wrote:

anybody get a update about how it is going with the roku system ? been 7 days since mine stopped working with new episodes I've contacted crunchy roll about it and they have been talking with me about elevating it to tech support or something and its been a few days with no reply from them


same for me, they have elevated my case to tech support and its been a few days with no reply from them .
50429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/12/17
Is yours a Roku built-in TV model, not a separate box or stick?

See this thread: /forumtopic-985557/stuck-on-retreiving?pg=2#55975773

VRV recently added a Roku channel, so If you're in the USA, a workaround for now is to go to the sister site vrv.co (browser), create a "free" account, then go to the profile and link your CR username account to that.

It takes up to a day for the link process to take effect and work, but then you can add the VRV app to your Roku TV and register it.

Navigation of the VRV app on the Roku is inferior, you need to create a separate watchlist there, and your history isn't kept for CR, but if you want to watch something now, that isn't working on the CR app, then these are your choices:

Do the VRV thing I mentioned, it's no extra charge.

Wait until they fix the bug, could be a long time...

Or, buy a separate Roku stick or box, my Roku-3 doesn't have the TV problem (or amazon fire stick, or chromecast, etc) and plug that into an HDMI port on your Roku TV.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/12/17
VRV is not available on my region.
5103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/17 , edited 4/24/17

asharka wrote:

Is yours a Roku built-in TV model, not a separate box or stick?

See this thread: /forumtopic-985557/stuck-on-retreiving?pg=2#55975773

VRV recently added a Roku channel, so If you're in the USA, a workaround for now is to go to the sister site vrv.co (browser), create a "free" account, then go to the profile and link your CR username account to that.

It takes up to a day for the link process to take effect and work, but then you can add the VRV app to your Roku TV and register it.

Navigation of the VRV app on the Roku is inferior, you need to create a separate watchlist there, and your history isn't kept for CR, but if you want to watch something now, that isn't working on the CR app, then these are your choices:

Do the VRV thing I mentioned, it's no extra charge.

Wait until they fix the bug, could be a long time...

Or, buy a separate Roku stick or box, my Roku-3 doesn't have the TV problem (or amazon fire stick, or chromecast, etc) and plug that into an HDMI port on your Roku TV.


I'll look into the VRV Roku channel. I JUST bought a brand spankin' new Roku Premiere plus, because it was the only solution to the Funimation App freezing the whole machine. But the The Loading........Loading.....Loading.... is the same with both boxes. The buffering has gotten intolerable over the last five days or so.
5103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17
Buffering is just as bad on VRV
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.