First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Jontron dropped from Yooka-Laylee! Hilarious!
11547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

octorockandroll wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:
Like tbh if he came out and supported racial segregation it could even make television. Smaller youtubers have been covered on the news.
.


Who?


https://youtu.be/uHkcKvR957Y

That was 4 years ago too and he has 2 million less subs
22244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 3/24/17
I really doubt Jontron is that discriminatory. I find myself disliking his claim and what he has used to support it "Search it up". Bitch please, why don't you search it up so you can compare sources and all that? I think if you pull it out of thin air it is hard to analyze the belief itself. In any case, I think what said is ignorant, but something to be lambasted as inaccurate rather than illogical.

I think if you want to make a point, watch the video, point out screen caps with time durations.
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:
Like tbh if he came out and supported racial segregation it could even make television. Smaller youtubers have been covered on the news.
.


Who?


https://youtu.be/uHkcKvR957Y

That was 4 years ago too and he has 2 million less subs


Well I think that's a bit different seeing as the context for what a "big" youtuber is in terms of sub counts has changed quite a bit in the past 4 years. Keep in mind that the AA also had a fair non-subscriber viewership at the time, because he was featured on TGWTG (now Channel Awesome) Nevertheless I agree that that does make sense, though you should still keep in mind that, if I remember correctly, this happened around the time of the Pewdiepie crap, and that guy's the biggest guy on youtube so it's not unreasonable to think that he would overshadow JonTron. But yeah, its odd that there hasnt been much attention for this off the net, though not all that unusual. Still don't see how wanting to keep a country majority white isn't segregationist though.
11547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 3/24/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Well I think that's a bit different seeing as the context for what a "big" youtuber is in terms of sub counts has changed quite a bit in the past 4 years. Keep in mind that the AA also had a fair non-subscriber viewership at the time, because he was featured on TGWTG (now Channel Awesome) Nevertheless I agree that that does make sense, though you should still keep in mind that, if I remember correctly, this happened around the time of the Pewdiepie crap, and that guy's the biggest guy on youtube so it's not unreasonable to think that he would overshadow JonTron. But yeah, its odd that there hasnt been much attention for this off the net, though not all that unusual. Still don't see how wanting to keep a country majority white isn't segregationist though.


Yeah but you also have to keep in mine the guy in that video, TJ Kirk a.k.a. the Amazing Atheist had about 500 thousand or less subscribers when he was on TV, and even then that was very little. I got on Youtube around 2010 and a "big" channel was about 1-10 million at the time, so it wasn't very big then. Smosh was the big youtube channel at that time and it had tons of subs.

It's NOT racist because you're CLEARLY misinterpreting the meaning. Not to say that "if you're this race you can't be racist towards this race", but it's worth mentioning that Iranian and Hungarian descent. If a black guy said that immigrants from Africa should be limited in this country how many people would throw the race card out? Beyond that, almost every argument out there for why immigration should be scaled down from middle eastern countries has nothing to do with racism. It's other factors. Do you really think that Jon Tron is sitting behind his computer desk dusting off his fake hitler stache and thinking "YES..LIMIT IMMIGRATION BECAUSE OF RACE AND ONLY RACE. MWAAHAH"

and don't come at me with that quote about not wanting people to be minorities in their own country. He's talking about freedom of speech and white shaming in that case.

Again I don't even necessarily agree with him I just think this is ridiculous and it's not your job to do what media sites are already running with. You're just an unbiased bystander, why pretend like he's a worse person than he is? If you don't agree with him then cool but c'mon now.

I'm just arguing this because I'm tired of seeing people misrepresented. If he supported segregation I'd hate him. But I don't think he does, I don't think he's racist either.
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Well I think that's a bit different seeing as the context for what a "big" youtuber is in terms of sub counts has changed quite a bit in the past 4 years. Keep in mind that the AA also had a fair non-subscriber viewership at the time, because he was featured on TGWTG (now Channel Awesome) Nevertheless I agree that that does make sense, though you should still keep in mind that, if I remember correctly, this happened around the time of the Pewdiepie crap, and that guy's the biggest guy on youtube so it's not unreasonable to think that he would overshadow JonTron. But yeah, its odd that there hasnt been much attention for this off the net, though not all that unusual. Still don't see how wanting to keep a country majority white isn't segregationist though.


Yeah but you also have to keep in mine the guy in that video, TJ Kirk a.k.a. the Amazing Atheist had about 500 thousand or less subscribers when he was on TV, and even then that was very little. I got on Youtube around 2010 and a "big" channel was about 1-10 million at the time, so it wasn't very big then. Smosh was the big youtube channel at that time and it had tons of subs.

It's NOT racist because you're CLEARLY misinterpreting the meaning. Not to say that "if you're this race you can't be racist towards this race", but it's worth mentioning that Iranian and Hungarian descent. If a black guy said that immigrants from Africa should be limited in this country how many people would throw the race card out? Beyond that, almost every argument out there for why immigration should be scaled down from middle eastern countries has nothing to do with racism. It's other factors. Do you really think that Jon Tron is sitting behind his computer desk dusting off his fake hitler stache and thinking "YES..LIMIT IMMIGRATION BECAUSE OF RACE AND ONLY RACE. MWAAHAH"

and don't come at me with that quote about not wanting people to be minorities in their own country. He's talking about freedom of speech and white shaming in that case.

Again I don't even necessarily agree with him I just think this is ridiculous and it's not your job to do what media sites are already running with. You're just an unbiased bystander, why pretend like he's a worse person than he is? If you don't agree with him then cool but c'mon now.



Well I would absolutely think anyone who says Africans shouldn't be fully allowed into a country would be racist regardless of ethnicity, duh. Where does the hitler stache stuff even come from? I gotta say I am not following you much at all.
11547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 3/24/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Well I would absolutely think anyone who says Africans shouldn't be fully allowed into a country would be racist regardless of ethnicity, duh. Where does the hitler stache stuff even come from? I gotta say I am not following you much at all.


You say that now but you wouldn't be in a real situation. C'mon dude, Jon tron is most definitely not saying people shouldn't be allowed in for their race. I don't care how stupid his political ideologies are, that's not what he's saying lmao.

I think I am being pretty clear and concise. If it is hard to follow than read it again. Or watch the two hour video. Bottom line, he's not being racist. Dumb? Maybe.
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Well I would absolutely think anyone who says Africans shouldn't be fully allowed into a country would be racist regardless of ethnicity, duh. Where does the hitler stache stuff even come from? I gotta say I am not following you much at all.


You say that now but you wouldn't be in a real situation. C'mon dude, Jon tron is most definitely not saying people shouldn't be allowed in for their race. I don't care how stupid his political ideologies are, that's not what he's saying lmao.

I think I am being pretty clear and concise. If it is hard to follow than read it again. Or watch the two hour video. Bottom line, he's not being racist. Dumb? Maybe.


It seems pretty clear to me that that is what he's saying given his lamenting of white people supposedly undergoing a "demographic displacement" because of immigration. The way I see it he's either saying that he doesn't want to allow immigration to preserve the demographical standing of the white population or he's saying something else and being phenomenally bad at phrasing and explaining it.
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Well I would absolutely think anyone who says Africans shouldn't be fully allowed into a country would be racist regardless of ethnicity, duh. Where does the hitler stache stuff even come from? I gotta say I am not following you much at all.


You say that now but you wouldn't be in a real situation. C'mon dude, Jon tron is most definitely not saying people shouldn't be allowed in for their race. I don't care how stupid his political ideologies are, that's not what he's saying lmao.

I think I am being pretty clear and concise. If it is hard to follow than read it again. Or watch the two hour video. Bottom line, he's not being racist. Dumb? Maybe.


So if he's not racist, than what are the dumb things he said? Why were they considered dumb?
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

SoraSasha wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:

Any followers/ or not, of Jontron probably heard about his ignorant little racist rant. Well Playtonic dropped him from their 'Yooka-Laylee' game. What's hilarious about it, is how many of Jontron's loyal followers seem to think that the game's entire success hinges on him. LOL! People didn't back this game because of Jontron! People backed it because they wanted another 'Banjo Kazooie' game! I love how people fool themselves into thinking this game will suddenly fail because Playtonic dropped Jontron's sorry, racist, insignificant, ass!





octorockandroll wrote:

I thought it was an overreaction when I first heard about the controversy, like he just said that he liked Trump or something.

Then looking into it I saw him talking about how we need racial segregation.

Yeah... Good job Playtonic.



I hate Donald Trump and disagree with Jontron but when I see comments and views like yours. I hope he crew you all over even more.


The least you could do is call me an SJW. That's never happened before! Tee-hee, looking forward to it!
11547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

AlienNineFan wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Well I would absolutely think anyone who says Africans shouldn't be fully allowed into a country would be racist regardless of ethnicity, duh. Where does the hitler stache stuff even come from? I gotta say I am not following you much at all.


You say that now but you wouldn't be in a real situation. C'mon dude, Jon tron is most definitely not saying people shouldn't be allowed in for their race. I don't care how stupid his political ideologies are, that's not what he's saying lmao.

I think I am being pretty clear and concise. If it is hard to follow than read it again. Or watch the two hour video. Bottom line, he's not being racist. Dumb? Maybe.


So if he's not racist, than what are the dumb things he said? Why were they considered dumb?


I'm not directly saying their dumb I'm saying no matter how dumb you consider his political points he isn't racist as far as we know
11547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 3/24/17

octorockandroll wrote:

It seems pretty clear to me that that is what he's saying given his lamenting of white people supposedly undergoing a "demographic displacement" because of immigration. The way I see it he's either saying that he doesn't want to allow immigration to preserve the demographical standing of the white population or he's saying something else and being phenomenally bad at phrasing and explaining it.


If it's so clear to you than why could websites as bad as Polygon or Kotaku, who are some of the most biased websites out there, not just come out and directly link him to racism or call him a racist?

I mean it took like 9 replies to make me even consider Jontron could be a racist for a minute so with this level of articulation i can see why Jontron probably came out sounding like a shit head

Jontron was talking about immigration from "incompatible places" . You can say that's racist but the implication is pretty clear that he's talking about other factors. He also talks a lot about double standards between races and how that's affecting think speech. I mean he's said a few controversial things and he's already being called racist without anything to really prove it simply because he's white and has right opinions ... so his point is literally being proven.
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Well I would absolutely think anyone who says Africans shouldn't be fully allowed into a country would be racist regardless of ethnicity, duh. Where does the hitler stache stuff even come from? I gotta say I am not following you much at all.


You say that now but you wouldn't be in a real situation. C'mon dude, Jon tron is most definitely not saying people shouldn't be allowed in for their race. I don't care how stupid his political ideologies are, that's not what he's saying lmao.

I think I am being pretty clear and concise. If it is hard to follow than read it again. Or watch the two hour video. Bottom line, he's not being racist. Dumb? Maybe.


So if he's not racist, than what are the dumb things he said? Why were they considered dumb?


I'm not directly saying their dumb I'm saying no matter how dumb you consider his political points he isn't racist as far as we know


I think as far as we know, he's very, very, VERY racist! That's why he said all of those racist things. If he wasn't a racist, he wouldn't be treated like a racist right now. He wouldn't have been kicked out of 'Yooka-Laylee' if he wasn't a racist, right? Of course not! People keep giving JonTron excuses for his stupid comments, but it's not going to work. He dug himself into this hole, he made it worse with his 'my comments' video, and now he's pretending he's not really in a hole right now!

Remember 'Mel Gibson'? He was a huge, megastar, and after he said those stupid racist/anti-semetic things, his career took a serious nose dive. He's slowly getting it back. Look at JonTron, he's literally a nobody compared to 'Mel Gibson'. Do you really think he can survive? Look at what's happening now. He got kicked out of an indie project, where he made weird noises for a character. Now that's not happening! People who were offended by JonTron will not let this go, every time this guy tries to get his career back on track, people will be there to remind everyone what kind of racist he is!

But you know what? I'm going to give JonTron's racist comments a good excuse. The only excuse he deserves.

The reason why JonTron said all these racist things is because he's a bigot!
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

It seems pretty clear to me that that is what he's saying given his lamenting of white people supposedly undergoing a "demographic displacement" because of immigration. The way I see it he's either saying that he doesn't want to allow immigration to preserve the demographical standing of the white population or he's saying something else and being phenomenally bad at phrasing and explaining it.


If it's so clear to you than why could websites as bad as Polygon or Kotaku, who are some of the most biased websites out there, not just come out and directly link him to racism or call him a racist?

I mean it took like 9 replies to make me even consider Jontron could be a racist for a minute so with this level of articulation i can see why Jontron probably came out sounding like a shit head


So you're saying that if Polygon and the like called him a racist that would affirm him being racist?

Racist confirmed I guess.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/23/15039978/yooka-laylee-jontron-removed-playtonic

They say it right in the headline dude.
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

It seems pretty clear to me that that is what he's saying given his lamenting of white people supposedly undergoing a "demographic displacement" because of immigration. The way I see it he's either saying that he doesn't want to allow immigration to preserve the demographical standing of the white population or he's saying something else and being phenomenally bad at phrasing and explaining it.


If it's so clear to you than why could websites as bad as Polygon or Kotaku, who are some of the most biased websites out there, not just come out and directly link him to racism or call him a racist?

I mean it took like 9 replies to make me even consider Jontron could be a racist for a minute so with this level of articulation i can see why Jontron probably came out sounding like a shit head

Jontron was talking about immigration from "incompatible places" . You can say that's racist but the implication is pretty clear that he's talking about other factors. He also talks a lot about double standards between races and how that's affecting think speech. I mean he's said a few controversial things and he's already being called racist without anything to really prove it simply because he's white and has right opinions ... so his point is literally being proven.


Libel? And they don't have to prove it, JonTron proved it himself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.