First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Jontron dropped from Yooka-Laylee! Hilarious!
11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

JRPGNoob wrote:

You can scream sensationalism all you want and say that it isn't worth the controversy, but maybe you should actually look at the two hour "debate" before saying these things. I also thought that things were being blown out of proportion for a while. Taking into account that the dude is practically famous for his videos, I'd say that him talking about how bad it is having other races in what "should" otherwise be a predominantly white gene pool is pretty damn controversial.

Personally, I'd never even heard of this guy until I saw some articles on Kotaku. I hopped on over to watch the two hour abortion of a debate that Destiny and Jon had and it's pretty obvious to see why the media has blown it up. While some articles might be sensationalism when it comes to making up some of the things he said, it's very clear to see that the dude is blatantly racist through and through and that some of the things he said during the debate were flat out moronic and along the lines of what your typical white supremacist believes.


This comment makes no sense . The dude i'm talking to literally hasn't seen the debate either.

And how is it sensationalism if he is racist?
11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

octorockandroll wrote:

So you're saying that if Polygon and the like called him a racist that would affirm him being racist?

Racist confirmed I guess.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/23/15039978/yooka-laylee-jontron-removed-playtonic

They say it right in the headline dude.


Okay so now you're just going to completely disrespect my point? Lol dude don't go for low hanging fruit like that

The obvious point was that even these controversial sites are beating around the bush with their wording. But you know what? If you read a badly written article and look for a loop hole in a pretty easy to understand argument than by all means do so. Don't change your opinion. Get convinced that some random internet personality is a racist forever because of some articles.

I read multiple articles, all of them were against Jon. Not a single one convinced me and I'm not a fan of the dude at all. But hey, I guess there is a possibility he's a racist and that these multiple sites just have the shittiest writers on the planet. Just like there's a possibilty that jon tron sucks at talking and this is all a misunderstanding.
669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

So you're saying that if Polygon and the like called him a racist that would affirm him being racist?

Racist confirmed I guess.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/23/15039978/yooka-laylee-jontron-removed-playtonic

They say it right in the headline dude.


Okay so now you're just going to completely disrespect my point? Lol dude don't go for low hanging fruit like that

The obvious point was that even these controversial sites are beating around the bush with their wording. But you know what? If you read a badly written article and look for a loop hole in a pretty easy to understand argument than by all means do so. Don't change your opinion. Get convinced that some random internet personality is a racist forever because of some articles.

I read multiple articles, all of them were against Jon. Not a single one convinced me and I'm not a fan of the dude at all. But hey, I guess there is a possibility he's a racist and that these multiple sites just have the shittiest writers on the planet. Just like there's a possibilty that jon tron sucks at talking and this is all a misunderstanding.


Who are you trying to fool? Of course you're a fan of JonTron! You're not some random 16 year old kid, running around on Crunchyroll, here to set the record straight because people are being meanie weenies to JonTron. You're doing it because you enjoy his content! You're a fan of his, and you're doing your stereotypical fan thing.

You're pretending to be an outsider here, with no stake in this, but you just can't stand how people are treating this poor, innocent, youtuber.

This is classic brown-nosing fan stuff here. I've been seeing it for years! Trust me kid, you aren't fooling anyone.
11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

AlienNineFan wrote:

Who are you trying to fool? Of course you're a fan of JonTron! You're not some random 16 year old kid, running around on Crunchyroll, here to set the record straight because people are being meanie weenies to JonTron. You're doing it because you enjoy his content! You're a fan of his, and you're doing your stereotypical fan thing.

You're pretending to be an outsider here, with no stake in this, but you just can't stand how people are treating this poor, innocent, youtuber.

This is classic brown-nosing fan stuff here. I've been seeing it for years! Trust me kid, you aren't fooling anyone.


Thank you for calling me out because If I were you i'd do the same thing. In fact i almost did it when you said you didn't know who he was.

However, I actually *wasn't lying. The dude's videos are over-edited, annoying, and i don't like his content.

I'm not pretending to be an outsider though that's for sure. I definitely know jon tron. His Banjo Kazooie video is amazing, only video of his i like but yeah it's really good. His other stuff? shit.
19 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17
You were wondering why people were going as far as writing nasty articles about him and you were saying that this issue isn't worth the controversy. Why does it matter that the dude you're talking to hasn't watched the video either? I'm telling YOU why people are writing nasty articles about him and why this issue is worth the controversy.

When someone that has however many subscribers that dude has on Youtube and is considered famous because of it and states that white people should be the majority in America and that having other races in the white gene pool is a bad thing, IT'S GOING TO BE CONTROVERSIAL.

I'm saying that some articles might be sensationalism in the sense that they're addressing the issue in a way that is garnered towards just gathering clicks and views.
11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 3/24/17

JRPGNoob wrote:

You were wondering why people were going as far as writing nasty articles about him and you were saying that this issue isn't worth the controversy. Why does it matter that the dude you're talking to hasn't watched the video either? I'm telling YOU why people are writing nasty articles about him and why this issue is worth the controversy.

When someone that has however many subscribers that dude has on Youtube and is considered famous because of it and states that white people should be the majority in America and that having other races in the white gene pool is a bad thing, IT'S GOING TO BE CONTROVERSIAL.

I'm saying that some articles might be sensationalism in the sense that they're addressing the issue in a way that is garnered towards just gathering clicks and views.


I don't really know why you're talking to me anymore. It's almost like you're replying to things that I never said.

I never wondered for a second why he was getting controversy. I already knew he was controversial. He did a stream with Sargon of Akkad(who has been labelled as part of the alt-right) a month ago and that was super controversial and I watched all of it because of it.

I DO think that some of what he said is being blown out of proportion but i OBVIOUSLY KNOW why it's controversial.

It's like when you said I'm "brown-nosing" or "playing the outsider" when all I said was I wasn't a fan of his content. Don't put words in my mouth.

You're not even discussing this you're just TELLING ME what to think so just go do something else since you're already convinced.

Also I have way more bias towards Octorock (who I was arguing with) than I do Jontron so by your logic i shouldn't be arguing wiht him. Maybe we should stop arguing and just agree to disagree? I got some spaghetti to get to but I kind of have a problem with stepping away from discussions in the moment lol
669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:

Who are you trying to fool? Of course you're a fan of JonTron! You're not some random 16 year old kid, running around on Crunchyroll, here to set the record straight because people are being meanie weenies to JonTron. You're doing it because you enjoy his content! You're a fan of his, and you're doing your stereotypical fan thing.

You're pretending to be an outsider here, with no stake in this, but you just can't stand how people are treating this poor, innocent, youtuber.

This is classic brown-nosing fan stuff here. I've been seeing it for years! Trust me kid, you aren't fooling anyone.


Thank you for calling me out because If I were you i'd do the same thing. In fact i almost did it when you said you didn't know who he was.

However, I actually *wasn't lying. The dude's videos are over-edited, annoying, and i don't like his content.

I'm not pretending to be an outsider though that's for sure. I definitely know jon tron. His Banjo Kazooie video is amazing, only video of his i like but yeah it's really good. His other stuff? shit.


Gee-whiz! You totally convinced me!

You notice my name is 'AlienNineFan'? Watch this--> Alien Nine is the shittiest anime in the world! It's four episodes long, the main character, Yuri, cries all the time, and I can't stand it! The animation is piss-poor, the songs suck, I don't know why anyone would ever watch that crap!

Ta-da! Pretending to hate something, doesn't make it convincing either! I love everything about that show, but at least I could stick to my fake hatred of it. You on the other hand think his 'Banjo Kazooie' video is amazing, but you hate everything else? Yeah right!
11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

AlienNineFan wrote:
Gee-whiz! You totally convinced me!

You notice my name is 'AlienNineFan'? Watch this--> Alien Nine is the shittiest anime in the world! It's four episodes long, the main character, Yuri, cries all the time, and I can't stand it! The animation is piss-poor, the songs suck, I don't know why anyone would ever watch that crap!

Ta-da! Pretending to hate something, doesn't make it convincing either! I love everything about that show, but at least I could stick to my fake hatred of it. You on the other hand think his 'Banjo Kazooie' video is amazing, but you hate everything else? Yeah right!


Bro I don't really care what you think lol. I mean if wanted to be convincing I'd say I hate all his stuff instead of saying I hate most of it and like one video right? But whatever. Agree to disagree I guess. It's ridiculous I have to convince you of my preferences. I get where you're coming from but I'm not really a fan.

Anyways, agree to disagree i guess.
669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:
Gee-whiz! You totally convinced me!

You notice my name is 'AlienNineFan'? Watch this--> Alien Nine is the shittiest anime in the world! It's four episodes long, the main character, Yuri, cries all the time, and I can't stand it! The animation is piss-poor, the songs suck, I don't know why anyone would ever watch that crap!

Ta-da! Pretending to hate something, doesn't make it convincing either! I love everything about that show, but at least I could stick to my fake hatred of it. You on the other hand think his 'Banjo Kazooie' video is amazing, but you hate everything else? Yeah right!


Bro I don't really care what you think lol. I mean if wanted to be convincing I'd say I hate all his stuff instead of saying I hate most of it and like one video right? But whatever. Agree to disagree I guess. It's ridiculous I have to convince you of my preferences. I get where you're coming from but I'm not really a fan.

Anyways, agree to disagree i guess.


Are you sure you're 16? I feel like a bully right now.

11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 3/24/17

AlienNineFan wrote:

Are you sure you're 16? I feel like a bully right now.



You're just expressing your opinion. Nothing to feel bad about.

Though that joke was completely unnecessary and juvenile, and it made you look like an ass. Nothing to be misconstrued there either.
669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:

Are you sure you're 16? I feel like a bully right now.



You're just expressing your opinion. Nothing to feel bad about.

Though that joke was completely unnecessary and juvenile, and it made you look like an ass. Nothing to be misconstrued there either.


What joke?
11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

AlienNineFan wrote:
What joke?


Wait...that's the genuine quality of your writing? Wow. And you felt like the bully.
669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:
What joke?


Wait...that's the genuine quality of your writing? Wow. And you felt like the bully.


I have no idea what you're talking about.
19 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

I mean I'm not a fan of jontron, I don't really care. But why go as far to say that he supports racial segregation or write nasty articles? Tbh even if he said some things that sound weird, they were no where near as shocking as I thought they were gonna be. Most of what I read in articles about the incident made it seem like he was tired of double standards pertaining to thought speak based on race. You can argue whether or not he's wrong, but you're overblowing this. It's really not worth the controversy. Sensationalism.


So how am I putting words into your mouth when I'm literally just addressing what you said? Again, all I was doing was telling you why people are writing nasty articles about him. Apparently you do need to be reminded of why it's controversial because you said it's not worth the controversy. Which, again, is why I stated something that he said that made it controversial. I didn't know how to quote stuff so I get why it'd be confusing but saying that I'm talking about things you never said, wtf?

669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17

JRPGNoob wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

I mean I'm not a fan of jontron, I don't really care. But why go as far to say that he supports racial segregation or write nasty articles? Tbh even if he said some things that sound weird, they were no where near as shocking as I thought they were gonna be. Most of what I read in articles about the incident made it seem like he was tired of double standards pertaining to thought speak based on race. You can argue whether or not he's wrong, but you're overblowing this. It's really not worth the controversy. Sensationalism.


So how am I putting words into your mouth when I'm literally just addressing what you said? Again, all I was doing was telling you why people are writing nasty articles about him. Apparently you do need to be reminded of why it's controversial because you said it's not worth the controversy. Which, again, is why I stated something that he said that made it controversial. I didn't know how to quote stuff so I get why it'd be confusing but saying that I'm talking about things you never said, wtf?



Will you give this guy a break? It's almost bed time, he's probably exhausted from watching JonTron, and practicing his Pokemon's 'Ultimate Move' techniques!
11752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/17 , edited 3/24/17

JRPGNoob wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

I mean I'm not a fan of jontron, I don't really care. But why go as far to say that he supports racial segregation or write nasty articles? Tbh even if he said some things that sound weird, they were no where near as shocking as I thought they were gonna be. Most of what I read in articles about the incident made it seem like he was tired of double standards pertaining to thought speak based on race. You can argue whether or not he's wrong, but you're overblowing this. It's really not worth the controversy. Sensationalism.


So how am I putting words into your mouth when I'm literally just addressing what you said? Again, all I was doing was telling you why people are writing nasty articles about him. Apparently you do need to be reminded of why it's controversial because you said it's not worth the controversy. Which, again, is why I stated something that he said that made it controversial. I didn't know how to quote stuff so I get why it'd be confusing but saying that I'm talking about things you never said, wtf?



Saying it's not worth the controversy is not the same thing as saying you don't understand why it's controversial. I absolutely understand WHY it's controversial.

But like what are you even getting at with this point? You just randomly commented about a subject that's not even an argument. No one here is saying that this isn't controversal.

I also said you were putting words in my mouth by saying I pretended to be ignorant of jontron when I never did.

But at this point I'm done talking to you. At least near the end Otocorock started to bring up decent points but yours have been terrible.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.