First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
How The Leftists Are Conspiring To Silence Conservatives
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Midlothian, Texas
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/26/17
OP: I've seen plenty of conservatives that want to shut people up. You are arrogant and have fallen into the same trap of prejudice that the leftists who exist that do as you say have done...and that is ignore that no matter how stupid and ridiculous someone's claim is, they have the very God given right to believe and say it.
958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17
American leftist are still considered as right wing in most countries...just saying.
120423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Edit::
Holy crap, you guys have some extensive quote pyramids going on - to the point that some of you are forgetting where to add the quote BB code to make sure it breaks down into pyramids. Can we try to keep quotes down to around two sub-quotes per comment? It starts getting really messy and convoluted after that. More so, for those who aren't closing tags properly - it makes it slightly more difficult to read your "additional" comment post-quote.


I think I've fixed them all. I don't understand how people past the first error keep quoting without noticing or caring that the attributions are all messed up. As you say, it would be less likely to happen if folks kept things simple--by just cutting out everything except the most recent post they are responding to. At least that way even if there was an unnoticed error at some point, it wouldn't keep getting repeated.
82489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / PEI, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:
This is not enabled at the user level. This is enabled by Youtube, based on the content contained in the video.




Uh... yeah, about that restricted mode. Interestingly enough, it's a mode that is set by the user or network administrator. The original intent for this particular "mode" of YouTube browsing was for public libraries and/or schools whereas there could be controversial videos (YouTube's Help Page about "Restricted Mode"). For these particular locations, all you have to do is log into a machine, set Restricted Mode, lock it, and log out of your account.

Keep in mind that there's been a significant amount of controversy about "restricted mode" because it seemed to also make videos of the following topics disappear too:

  • LGBTQ+
  • Gamergate
  • Certain anime-related videos
  • Certain gaming-related videos (depending on the rating of the game itself)
  • Conservative AND Liberal YouTubers
  • Videos with profanity in their topics


While, yes, the processing of what constitutes as "extreme content" is done by an algorithm that Google/YouTube has created - it doesn't seem to hold any punches depending on political stances (of either side of the American-style equation of politics). Keep in mind that the option of having this turned on or off is something you can opt-in on your account. There are ways of setting this for your browser altogether (regardless who's accessing it). This would be used for network administrators who want to avoid employees or students from browsing similar videos.

TL;DR:
It's an account/browser-based setting, not a global one forced upon you. Thus, not some crazy conspiracy like /r/The_Donald users seem to think it may be or whatever the snowflake from INFOWARS does, either.


This makes sense.
23204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Except he doesnt have a credibility problem. CNN.... I could fill 10 pages of content up that they. Have doctored or fake news.


Yes, he does. See this?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170117031329/http://www.infowars.com/report-cnnbuzzfeed-to-release-damaging-new-trump-tape-48-hours-before-inauguration/

This was a prank. Some Scottish dude tweeted it at him and he immediately ran with it without a thought or a shred of fact checking. It's on Web Archive now for obvious reasons. He also routinely pushed conspiracy theories through out the presidential campaign. Many of which have been forgotten now that they're no longer useful.

And that's before you even get into the fact he writes for Infowars. A website that thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax, the moon landings were fake and 9/11 was an inside job.

Oh, and turning the frogs gay. Can't forget the classic


Damaging stuff about Trump released by buzzfeed and CNN... That sounds like the whole pissgate fiasco. Where Buzzfeed released a whole bunch of nonsense investigating that said Trump was with the Russiaa and hired prostitutes to piss on a bed Obama slept on.

That did happen. Didn't have the N word but it was suppose to damage him and was released and pushed by both of them. So he wasn't really wrong
23204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17

lorreen wrote:


ninjitsuko wrote:

Edit::
Holy crap, you guys have some extensive quote pyramids going on - to the point that some of you are forgetting where to add the quote BB code to make sure it breaks down into pyramids. Can we try to keep quotes down to around two sub-quotes per comment? It starts getting really messy and convoluted after that. More so, for those who aren't closing tags properly - it makes it slightly more difficult to read your "additional" comment post-quote.


I think I've fixed them all. I don't understand how people past the first error keep quoting without noticing or caring that the attributions are all messed up. As you say, it would be less likely to happen if folks kept things simple--by just cutting out everything except the most recent post they are responding to. At least that way even if there was an unnoticed error at some point, it wouldn't keep getting repeated.


I'm on mobile and its near impossible to click NY specific piece of text or notice such things till you post.
1573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada, Toronto
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17

DeadlyOats wrote:

The tool for debating those that leftists disagree with, is the silencing of conservatives. Silencing, whether it be by banning people from forums, for the tiniest infractions just to shut them up, or by slander, or by character assassination, or by twisting the words of those who argue their conservative ideals out of context, or even by derailing their posts, by making off topic posts, in the end are all the tactics of silencing.

And now, Google, who is as leftist as one can be, has created the ultimate silencing tool. Restricted Mode. See this video to understand how restricted mode works, and who is being considered as targets for silencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bnQrajRfTM#t=591.227729


What are you saying? Google is aligned with the liberal Capitalists like Facebook. The silencing in your description also fit in more with the liberal Capitalists. From what I found, the Google+ administrators are hacking into the moderator accounts of anime communities in Google+ to associate the success of anime to American cartoons and hide the economic sanction against anime.
2012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/26/17
When he mentioned "silencing", I thought this was going to be some ball gag S&M gifs. This was more difficult to jerk off to.
runec 
39562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17

Rujikin wrote:
Damaging stuff about Trump released by buzzfeed and CNN... That sounds like the whole pissgate fiasco. Where Buzzfeed released a whole bunch of nonsense investigating that said Trump was with the Russiaa and hired prostitutes to piss on a bed Obama slept on.

That did happen. Didn't have the N word but it was suppose to damage him and was released and pushed by both of them. So he wasn't really wrong


....really, dude? That was literally a prank someone pulled on him and he ran to the presses with it without a thought to fact checking any of it. And you're trying to defend his credibility by pointing to the unrelated story of the intel dossier ( which you don't seem to understand either seeing as you have the facts wrong on that to )?

Really?

If someone from CNN had done this you'd have started at least 3 threads about it. -.-

1543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17
Infowars is not a reliable source for anything. Hell, they think Logan is a anti-Trump movie because one of the villains is named Donald. Nevermind the fact the character has been around for nearly 40 years. It's like the BS Romney/Bane thing Rush tried to start a few years ago.
12143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17

ran76 wrote:

Infowars is not a reliable source for anything. Hell, they think Logan is a anti-Trump movie because one of the villains is named Donald. Nevermind the fact the character has been around for nearly 40 years. It's like the BS Romney/Bane thing Rush tried to start a few years ago.


Lol what? Not even they can be that stupid... Right?
42571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
waffle
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17
Removing and reporting videos related to Neonazism shouldn't be forbidden, especially if it's conspiracist propaganda. In that case it's technically a violation of YouTube's guidelines.

When it pertains to generally "righter wing, but not outright hatefully idiotic" youtubers, I don't see that much of their content being taken down, honestly. I used to be subscribed to sargon even though I didn't agree with all his points at all, I found a few of his videos on SJWs interesting. Not a lot of his content was removed last I checked.

If it's limited to taking down neonazism or "white nationalism" i see no problem with it whatsoever.


octorockandroll wrote:
Lol what? Not even they can be that stupid... Right?

Some people claim that Alex Jones is just a long dedicated troll or an exaggerated character. Others claim he's actually that crazy.
In all honesty, the world may never know.
Kadngi 
14040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cardiff, Wales.
Online
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/25/17
The way I see it is that people like Alex Jones, Ann Coulter, Milo Yiannopoulos, and Katie Hopkins are just provocateurs who are just in it for the money and publicity. I've long stopped paying attention to anything they say because it's clearly intended to stir an emotional response. I no longer believe what they are saying is sincere. They want people to get angry at them, which generates publicity for them because people will just share on social media and express their outrage about what they have said. Sharing their articles or whatever only adds to the clicks that are needed to generate revenue for them as well.

They're pretty good at manipulating a response from people and they know what gets them the publicity. It's far easier to be infamous and much easier to be hated by saying something outrageous on TV, social media or on a video online somewhere because there's really no effort required in order to get noticed or get some sort of book deal or whatever.

The unfortunate thing is also is the fact that many people take these individuals very seriously. They have a following and many will take them at their word of what they say is true, even when what they are being told is completely made up. That is partly down to the fact that there's a distrust in the media because those on the right spent the last ten or so years delegitimizing the media by telling their audience that the media cannot be trusted because of some "liberal bias" and as a result, networks like CNN will constantly do whatever they can to call everything even because they're scared of being called liberal and a lot of the times will not call out Republicans lies because they're so goddamn afraid of being accused of having some sort of liberal bias.

And because of these networks failure of providing the news properly by not allowing their reporters do their jobs and not do journalism, it has caused a lot of people to be turned off by these networks, so they resort to looking elsewhere and end up going to sites like Infowars or Breitbart to get their news, both of which have that reputation of not being credible news sources and both peddle conspiracy theories and misinformation to their audience. Unfortunately, the former head of Breitbart is in the White House feeding the President that kind of misinformation and that's never good.
1543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/26/17

octorockandroll wrote:


ran76 wrote:

Infowars is not a reliable source for anything. Hell, they think Logan is a anti-Trump movie because one of the villains is named Donald. Nevermind the fact the character has been around for nearly 40 years. It's like the BS Romney/Bane thing Rush tried to start a few years ago.


Lol what? Not even they can be that stupid... Right?


See for yourself.
https://www.infowars.com/logan-the-anti-trump-movie/

12143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/25/17 , edited 3/26/17

ran76 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


ran76 wrote:

Infowars is not a reliable source for anything. Hell, they think Logan is a anti-Trump movie because one of the villains is named Donald. Nevermind the fact the character has been around for nearly 40 years. It's like the BS Romney/Bane thing Rush tried to start a few years ago.


Lol what? Not even they can be that stupid... Right?


See for yourself.
https://www.infowars.com/logan-the-anti-trump-movie/



What the actual fuck? Someone please get a psychologist to psychoanalyse this guy, because I think he may need to be committed.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.