First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is murder ever justified?
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
Okay, add this to the question (instead of my opening a new topic)

'Is the death sentence write or wrong?'
8717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/12/07

chilli123 wrote:

Okay, add this to the question (instead of my opening a new topic)

'Is the death sentence write or wrong?'


There already is a topic on that.

Death Pentalty Debate
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showforumtopic?id=4289
Posted 7/12/07

HokiePokie wrote:

I do NOT believe pedophiles (which liking little kids is probably a fetish) and rapists should be killed. And there is NO justification for killing them. There absolutely is not.

[Edit]: grammar error


i dont belief in their losing life for that however i believe they should have the heaviest of punishment second only to murderers(the death sentence)
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
Look the word "murder" has a bunch of negative connotations, so I'm just going to talk about killing, plain and simple.

Whenever killing the person is more beneficial then not having killing the person.

Sure, some questions remain, but I'll take it case by case.
8717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
Meh, I really don't like how people try to act like "The Manly of Men". Seriously now, I'll be truthful, I think a sh*tload of rape victims completely overreact, and pedophiles... eh.... I'm not into what they're into... but not all of the kids they're into are like 5 years old.. I really don't believe in shit like killing them or even giving them jail time (if they haven't committed a crime.) Rape is indeed a crime, but sometimes (maybe most of the time) the victims overreact. There is no justification for overreacting whatsoever.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Diego
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
Just watch Death Note and see
Posted 7/12/07

HokiePokie wrote:

Meh, I really don't like how people try to act like "The Manly of Men". Seriously now, I'll be truthful, I think a sh*tload of rape victims completely overreact, and pedophiles... eh.... I'm not into what they're into... but not all of the kids they're into are like 5 years old.. I really don't believe in shit like killing them or even giving them jail time (if they haven't committed a crime.) Rape is indeed a crime, but sometimes (maybe most of the time) the victims overreact. There is no justification for overreacting whatsoever.


who says, they overreacted? they just got fucked without consent. how would you react if you were just sodomized without consent?
7277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Everywhere there...
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
no not unless ur doing it to save many lives and u have no choice
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
haha well, maybe you shouldn't be asking a GUY that question
8717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/12/07

skygod333 wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:

Meh, I really don't like how people try to act like "The Manly of Men". Seriously now, I'll be truthful, I think a sh*tload of rape victims completely overreact, and pedophiles... eh.... I'm not into what they're into... but not all of the kids they're into are like 5 years old.. I really don't believe in shit like killing them or even giving them jail time (if they haven't committed a crime.) Rape is indeed a crime, but sometimes (maybe most of the time) the victims overreact. There is no justification for overreacting whatsoever.


who says, they overreacted? they just got fucked without consent. how would you react if you were just sodomized without consent?


I'd be mad, and then get over it sooner or later. I was held against my will, and raped.. something to get mad at... but not to go "T.T Men are all sex pigs.. they're all evil /become feminist... *sob*". OVERREACTING imo.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
Killing under any circumstances is, in my opinion, murder. A soldier shots his enemy on the field of battle? Politically correct murder. So this leads us to the question at hand, and the ‘flaw’ (for lack of a better word) in and of it. The question is not specific enough, and is shocking broad. Justified in what way? Politically, legally, or morally? I’ll address each.

Politically: It is justified whenever you are defending yourself, or are a soldier fighting your enemy.

Legally: I’m not an expert in law but whenever you are defending yourself, or have like…the president’s permission. I’ll leave further elaboration on this to somebody more informed on the legal system.

Morally: In my opinion I do not feel that murder for self preservation is justified. However, I find it justified whenever you are defending somebody else. Murder is like most things. Whenever you are doing something for personal gratification (Relief of stress, pride, sensuality, ext) it’s typically the wrong thing to be doing. However, whenever you are doing something selflessly it’s usually the right thing. (This is not a law, but rather a guideline. Typically and usually are the key words.)
This being said I feel it is morally justified to murder somebody whenever you are playing martyr or defender, or have divine demand to do so. This being said I can pretty much say that maybe…3-5 times in history has God actually wanted somebody to kill somebody else. (In my opinion,) and most people who say, “God told me to,” are lying. Not mistaken, lying. Trying to get out of trouble. I’m sure that 1 in every…like..500 of them are really nuts but the vast majority of people who try and play insane are trying to get out of trouble.

Now, I said I don’t think that murder for the cause of self preservation is just. Let me explain my logic: In my opinion, everyone is equal. We have all thought of murderous things, all wanted to kill somebody in a fit of rage. Now let us say that during those fits of rage we were given a gun and placed in a position with the person we were mad at. In this position we can be sure we would get away with the murder. Chances are, being so wrathful, and having our minds jaded so severely with emotion, we’d be murderers too. I doubt I could ever kill somebody in the right of mind, but I would say the same for punching a brick or sheet-rock wall. I’ve done both in fits of rage.

This being said a murderer is, in my opinion, no different than me except in circumstances. Given their circumstances I’d probably kill to. So, in killing this person to defend myself I am deciding my life is more important than his. This is something I feel nobody should have the right to make; moreover, personal gain may pollute my judgment (yet another reason I am against the politically pretty-packaged genocide called abortion.) so this guy could actually be better then me by my own merits as well as God’s. So, then I’d have made a mistake.

So then why is it alright to decide someone’s life is more important than another’s, when the first someone isn’t me? Well, because I’m not personally involved. That’s an A. A B (C!) would be something along the lines of: as a man I am obligated to defend my peers. Call me old fashioned and ignorant but that’s my feelings. I don’t like it but I think men are bound by duty in their very existence to defend their brothers and especially sisters. (This is another topic, if you like to discuss this with me then I will in another thread or through PM. But I wont be here too much longer so be quick!)

I also think murder is alright to avoid genocide, slaughter, or like nuclear war. Things like this. Only, however, given that you are certain (beyond a REASONABLE doubt) that this individual living will cause one of these things.

Anyway…


EDIT: @Hokie,

I think you’re being judgmental. You don’t know how you’d act in that situation. However, coming from a victim of molestation (which is not quite as traumatizing as rape, especially with the male mentality) I agree. Most over react. Human’s want attention and thrive in drama. Especially teenagers, who are often the victims of rape and sexual violence.

However, active pedophiles should be spayed like dogs! Now I may be a hypocrite, because I’m probably judging them, but sex is a drug. Like all drugs it is addicting. Like all drugs as you go through it you want more intense doses and more doses in general. This being said if somebody is selfish and immoral and corrupt enough to hurt (Physically, mentally, emotionally, or sexual) any child intentionally then they’d ‘assault a plush and violate a star.’ (To cite poetry. The reference was not to children in the poem, but to blue-blooded women. I’m taking it out of context.) What I mean to say is that they’re not going to be held back on moral grounds, and physical resistance only goes so far.

Now to say pedophiles should be punished because of their sexual attraction to children is in no way whatsoever different then killing off or arresting homosexuals for being gay. (The gay community gets mad at me when I say this, but its true. We don’t have control over our fetishes.) Anyway, this is off topic.

Posted 7/12/07

neomanxl wrote:

If my life was being threatened I would not hesitate to commit "murder". There is no way I would leave that someone alive to find me later and finish what they were aiming to do.

Murder is also justified during war. If someone is shooting at me, with the intent to kill, I will do the same.



...but won't you be dead??
Posted 7/12/07

HokiePokie wrote:


skygod333 wrote:


HokiePokie wrote:

Meh, I really don't like how people try to act like "The Manly of Men". Seriously now, I'll be truthful, I think a sh*tload of rape victims completely overreact, and pedophiles... eh.... I'm not into what they're into... but not all of the kids they're into are like 5 years old.. I really don't believe in shit like killing them or even giving them jail time (if they haven't committed a crime.) Rape is indeed a crime, but sometimes (maybe most of the time) the victims overreact. There is no justification for overreacting whatsoever.


who says, they overreacted? they just got fucked without consent. how would you react if you were just sodomized without consent?


I'd be mad, and then get over it sooner or later. I was held against my will, and raped.. something to get mad at... but not to go "T.T Men are all sex pigs.. they're all evil /become feminist... *sob*". OVERREACTING imo.


dude, not all people do that. thats kinda ignorant man. ive heard of few people who do that. and i dont think youd get over it too quickly. ya people get over it but it takes lots of time and counseling.
Posted 7/12/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Killing under any circumstances is, in my opinion, murder. A soldier shots his enemy on the field of battle? Politically correct murder. So this leads us to the question at hand, and the ‘flaw’ (for lack of a better word) in and of it. The question is not specific enough, and is shocking broad. Justified in what way? Politically, legally, or morally? I’ll address each.



so all soldiers are murderers and when i decide to join up, ill be a murderer? theres a difference between soldier and murderer. soldiers defend the country. murderers attack with unjustified provocation or even without provocation.
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 7/12/07

TOF14 wrote:


neomanxl wrote:

If my life was being threatened I would not hesitate to commit "murder". There is no way I would leave that someone alive to find me later and finish what they were aiming to do.

Murder is also justified during war. If someone is shooting at me, with the intent to kill, I will do the same.



...but won't you be dead??


so then he's acting on revenge. sadistic guy
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.