First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply AR15 stops Three baddies in home invasion
11417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

BlackRose0607 wrote:


GreatLordBalzak wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

I'm sorry, but there are other ways to take people down with a gun without having to kill them.


Any gunshot wound capable of dropping the blood pressure enough to incapacitate is likely to be fatal. Crippling wounds to the legs are also likely to sever a major artery. Additionally if you fail to incapacitate them you will leave an opening for return fire. In any situation perceived severe enough to squeeze the trigger you should always do so with the intent to kill.

If less lethal take-downs are desired a firearm is not the way to go.


Then why are police and other law officers taught to make a non-fatal shot unless it's a life or death situation to take down perpetrators? If you aim right you can incapacitate someone without causing a life threatening wound. Also, there would be time to get them medical attention so that they didn't die if you shot them like that instead. And in this story I highly doubt that the guy who shot them would have missed if he had shot to incapacitate instead of kill, unless he was just shooting all over the place at them. Seems like there's more to the story than what we know so far.


You can't really expect an average citizen to have the same level if skill as police officer. Still, wow is this story a fucking mess.
19379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Lance_Clemings wrote:

And they deserve it too. Too bad I'm too broke for a gun, I would love to have a replica M1 carbine, or some other lightweight semi auto carbine for home defense purposes.


Stealing doesn't deserve death

Easy way they could of avoided that outcome, don't break in, get a job if you want what others have. Without the Break in there would of been no deaths. Don't want to die - don't do crime. The onus is on the criminal, it is a risky illegal occupation.

29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

Jamming777 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Lance_Clemings wrote:

And they deserve it too. Too bad I'm too broke for a gun, I would love to have a replica M1 carbine, or some other lightweight semi auto carbine for home defense purposes.


Stealing doesn't deserve death

Easy way they could of avoided that outcome, don't break in, get a job if you want what others have. Without the Break in there would of been no deaths. Don't want to die - don't do crime. The onus is on the criminal, it is a risky illegal occupation.



Still doesn't mean the home owner should of shot.
Criminals don't deserve to die (atleast not these guys)
unless they attacked the kid or didn't leave when the gun was pointed at them.

Either way the guys a dick i would scold him and ground him for life if he were my child if the thieves were unarmed.
People like him who shoot unarmed people or just people who break into their house are scum imho this is why im glad guns are banned in my country (i am against the ban in general but it does prevent morons like this guy)
759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Still doesn't mean the home owner should of shot.
Criminals don't deserve to die (atleast not these guys)
unless they attacked the kid or didn't leave when the gun was pointed at them.

Either way the guys a dick i would scold him and ground him for life if he were my child if the thieves were unarmed.
People like him who shoot unarmed people or just people who break into their house are scum imho this is why im glad guns are banned in my country (i am against the ban in general but it does prevent morons like this guy)


I can't check at the moment but I do believe the two would be burglars were armed. I think one had brass knuckles and the other some other weapon. Can't remember but I think brass knuckles were at least mentioned unless I'm getting it mixed up with another story I read. Still, they didn't necessarily need to die but it would seem, since it mentioned some sort of communication happened between the two parties, that they were not going to just leave despite him being armed with a gun. Given their weapons of choice, if I'm remembering correctly, I don't really blame him for killing them since if they did intend to harm him it would have been rather nasty.
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

EichiXIII wrote:

I can't check at the moment but I do believe the two would be burglars were armed. I think one had brass knuckles and the other some other weapon. Can't remember but I think brass knuckles were at least mentioned unless I'm getting it mixed up with another story I read. Still, they didn't necessarily need to die but it would seem, since it mentioned some sort of communication happened between the two parties, that they were not going to just leave despite him being armed with a gun. Given their weapons of choice, if I'm remembering correctly, I don't really blame him for killing them since if they did intend to harm him it would have been rather nasty.



If they were armed then fire away.
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

BlackRose0607 wrote:

Then why are police and other law officers taught to make a non-fatal shot unless it's a life or death situation to take down perpetrators?


They aren't, at least not in the United States. Why? Because a firearm is a deadly weapon and you're only supposed to use a deadly weapon if you fear for your life. Saying you intentionally aimed to maim means you weren't in fear for your life. So yeah using a deadly weapon to essentially torture someone into submission is illegal here.
I've seen a video of Danish (?) police trying to shoot an axe attacker guy in the legs. Took them like a dozen or so shots, don't know if they hit anybody behind him. Also seen a video of a young man accused of theft in Afghanistan shot in the leg bleed to death in less than a minute. 'Just shoot them in the leg' is a hollywood myth right up there with 'shoot the gun out of his hand', idk why euros are trying to emulate it.
8789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17
Why are people trying to make this a "Feel guilty for the criminals case" sorta thing? If someone's trying to beak into my home, I'll defend myself. I'm not going to think twice about defending myself.
17430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17
It's a shame peoples deaths are being celebrated.
13026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17
Talk about overkill. No one else was armed with anything other than a knife. Properly armed = handgun, hunting rifle, or shotgun. I still smh that the GOP let the Brady bill die.
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

TetsujinTonbo wrote:

Talk about overkill. No one else was armed with anything other than a knife. Properly armed = handgun, hunting rifle, or shotgun. I still smh that the GOP let the Brady bill die.


You call an AR15 overkill but say a hunting rifle or shotgun is 'proper'?


You should look into what has happened in the past to unarmed homeowners when burglars armed with knives break in. Hope you have a strong stomach.
edit: Forgot to say semi auto magazine fed rifles in intermediate rifle calibers such as 5.56 or 7.62x39 are ideal for home defense. Shotguns are overrated, too slow and low ammunition capacity. Same with full sized rifle calibers used for hunting, unless you get one that's semi auto and magazine fed, same with a shotgun. You still have over penetration issues with both.
Humms 
11887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17
That's why a weapon isn't to far from my reach , but not these childish rifles. A nice axe and sledge hammer for me.

As for the shooting, they have the right to use a rifle, so use it. I'll always say, if you're stupid enough to break into where I live.

Well...... let the police report determine your fate I don't give a shit what happened to you.
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17
Good maybe they should not break into homes and I don't feel sad for them they should have got
a job or gone back to school, instead of robbing peoples homes they got what they deserved.
11417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

SandyNewt wrote:

It's a shame peoples deaths are being celebrated.


^
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/29/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Kid probably would of been unharmed.
Unless they were armed or attackjng the kid it's disgusting they were killed breaking the law or not.

....Americans *sigh*


That's an awful lot of speculation there. If the homeowner/ legal occupant was legally occupying the home, and someone illegally broke in, the intruder has MADE A CHOICE to create that situation; they have initiated the violence, and I have very limited sympathy with them when the outcome doesn't go their way.

Don't want to get shot breaking into someone's home? Don't break into someone's home.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.