First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you a dick in real life?
28144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
On the internet everyone is 10 feet tall and bulletproof and talk to other people accordingly. But in real life it's a different story. Are you a dick in real life too or are do you switch the style up? Are you just nice in general both on the internet and irl? Are you just nice to people that agree with you? How do you treat people in general?

I try to be as nice to as many people as I can as often as I can. The only time I get the red mist is if you fuck with the money or if I perceive any prejudice. You can be downright hostile to me but if don't cross those lines I usually don't give a fuck.
1792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Spokane, Washingt...
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 5/5/17
For the most part, yes I am.

The main difference between the internet and real people is a fist to the face or other physical penalties or rewards.. Since people have yet to figure out a way to punch their computer screen and send a fist to the other side, (and thank fucking god! The internet is already bad enough!) I can be as rude, uncaring, or cynical as I want. However, I would be absolutely stupid to act like myself in front of a hot lass or a thug nasty gangsta. I temporarily change my ways if there is a decent incentive.

It's also the same reason I counter-prank call telemarketers. Because I can. Besides, some of the pranks probably put a smile on their face instead of the normal drag of call, no, hang up, repeat for 4-12 hours.
23853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
I do not mean to toot my horn, but I believe I have been a nice person for a while, here and in real life.
2859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/28/17
is this another thread where people are comparing their dick again ?

Are you a dick in real life?

only the people who know you well in real life can answer this question
28144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/17

dulun18 wrote:

is this another thread where people are comparing their dick again ?

Are you a dick in real life?

only the people who know you well in real life can answer this question


Or you could try just being honest?
Humms 
11933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
That all depends on the individual in question kind sir.

Why would I be a Dickinson in real life? My phone auto corrected me xD but it was the only time it was ever useful

No.... just passing the time for better things to come
11630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
Honestly I think I'm a pretty friendly guy in general.
Posted 3/28/17
Surprisingly enough, I'm pretty much chill - online and offline. I'm opinionated but tend to keep to myself unless someone brings up a conversation and ask for my input on it (politics, religion, philosophy... for example). I'm mostly found playing video games, working (which, admittedly, I do come off as a jerk - but mostly to defend those who are on my team against those internal to the company I work for). Most of my friends describe me as "goofy, weird, eccentric, and relaxed". I'm the guy who has a glass dry erase board filled with equations (my temporary cubicle at the office is the same way... like so):



I dunno. I think I can come off as a bit rude or condescending without realizing it. I used to get a lot of these comments back when I was younger, so I guess it's kind of stuck with me for a while so I try to be mindful. Text is horrible to convey expressions, even when being a bit "tongue-in-cheek" it doesn't come off that way most of the time (unfortunately).
2859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/28/17

MysticGon wrote:


dulun18 wrote:

is this another thread where people are comparing their dick again ?

Are you a dick in real life?

only the people who know you well in real life can answer this question


Or you could try just being honest?



honestly online? how can you prove it ?

am i suppose to take the text typed out by some stranger hiding behind a screen as fact/honest opinion?

.. this why i prefer to stick with gaming and consumers related stuff


i think the only time a person is honest in their life is probably when they are close to death.. so honesty in some anime forum?

21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/28/17
im more of a dick on the internet...in rl iworry TOO much about offending othersand I obsessively say im sorry lol...


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I do not mean to toot my horn, but I believe I have been a nice person for a while, here and in real life.


I can toot your horn PV < this is a rly bad blush smiley, plz change it CR

28144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/28/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Surprisingly enough, I'm pretty much chill - online and offline. I'm opinionated but tend to keep to myself unless someone brings up a conversation and ask for my input on it (politics, religion, philosophy... for example). I'm mostly found playing video games, working (which, admittedly, I do come off as a jerk - but mostly to defend those who are on my team against those internal to the company I work for). Most of my friends describe me as "goofy, weird, eccentric, and relaxed". I'm the guy who has a glass dry erase board filled with equations (my temporary cubicle at the office is the same way... like so):



I dunno. I think I can come off as a bit rude or condescending without realizing it. I used to get a lot of these comments back when I was younger, so I guess it's kind of stuck with me for a while so I try to be mindful. Text is horrible to convey expressions, even when being a bit "tongue-in-cheek" it doesn't come off that way most of the time (unfortunately).


Ain't that the truth. People can find offence in things that were never meant to offend. So you do have to be careful sometimes. Its also important to have a diverse group of friends so I never feel like I'm stuck in an echo chamber.


dulun18 wrote:



honestly online? how can you prove it ?

am i suppose to take the text typed out by some stranger hiding behind a screen as fact/honest opinion?

.. this why i prefer to stick with gaming and consumers related stuff


i think the only time a person is honest in their life is probably when they are close to death.. so honesty in some anime forum?



Well alright then, thanks for sharing.


2859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Surprisingly enough, I'm pretty much chill - online and offline. I'm opinionated but tend to keep to myself unless someone brings up a conversation and ask for my input on it (politics, religion, philosophy... for example). I'm mostly found playing video games, working (which, admittedly, I do come off as a jerk - but mostly to defend those who are on my team against those internal to the company I work for). Most of my friends describe me as "goofy, weird, eccentric, and relaxed". I'm the guy who has a glass dry erase board filled with equations (my temporary cubicle at the office is the same way... like so):



I dunno. I think I can come off as a bit rude or condescending without realizing it. I used to get a lot of these comments back when I was younger, so I guess it's kind of stuck with me for a while so I try to be mindful. Text is horrible to convey expressions, even when being a bit "tongue-in-cheek" it doesn't come off that way most of the time (unfortunately).



what happened to the text above your profile picture ?
36077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
My friends say I'm a dick and I'm also cold. They know I like them and would be there for them and that they could count on me. I'm just not a very emotional person. I do joke around a lot(sometimes I go a little far I'll admit) and tend not to get angry or let others or most shitty situations get to me. People that have known me a lot longer know I'm super nice and I usually put others before myself.
11723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
I'm nice offline yeah

probably a bit more mean online but overall i'd say i'm pretty nice
4030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
i don't have a dick though

online people can be what they want to be

dick or pussy doesn't matter
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.