First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Why JonTron's Followers Will Hurt HIm More
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/17 , edited 4/3/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


runec wrote:

The worst part of the whole JonTron thing is rather than read the situation he decided to go all in and double down. He had made questionable remarks prior to the debate. Got invited to debate Destiny to clarify himself and instead just dumped it all out there. Making it much much worse. If he had any sense he would have walked away from this rather then choose this for a hill to die on.


Its not really hard to imagine how it happened. Destiny didn't invite him to "clarify", Destiny invited him to debate (at best). Jon wasn't ready for what Destiny wanted from him, so he was quickly backed into a corner. I think many of us have said some stupid things when we are backed into a corner, especially when you aren't in a situation where you can really sit back and think like when you are on a discussion board.

Now, I don't blame Destiny for what happened, but I also give Jon at least a little room for apologies and clarifications.

That said, I also don't think Jon should have been quiet or walked away. He shouldn't have accepted a debate when he wasn't ready for one, but most of his opinions in their more calm-minded forms aren't really that radical or ridiculous. What he should have done is calm down and try to express them more clearly instead of the opposite. We shouldn't encourage an atmosphere where people are afraid to speak out unless they are really crossing a line (which he didn't before the debate imo).


I feel that Destiny is more interested in shaming people if anything else. Granted, some do deserve criticism, but my main concern stems from a video titled "Debating a 15 year old Avid Trump Supporter". I cannot really support this action, even though the civility and maturity of said teenager was quite high.

It is shameful if you ask me, considering the scope of his show.


JonTron did a pretty good job of shaming himself, especially when he said all those stupid, racist things. Oh, and because someone reported this harmless topic to the mods, I have some trolling to do.

By the way! I think it's hypocritical of people to talk about JonTron's 'Freedom of speech' being violated, while at the same time trying to silence anyone who has an opinion on the matter. Just look at this topic! It was reported to the mods.

22957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 4/2/17

AlienNineFan wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


runec wrote:

The worst part of the whole JonTron thing is rather than read the situation he decided to go all in and double down. He had made questionable remarks prior to the debate. Got invited to debate Destiny to clarify himself and instead just dumped it all out there. Making it much much worse. If he had any sense he would have walked away from this rather then choose this for a hill to die on.


Its not really hard to imagine how it happened. Destiny didn't invite him to "clarify", Destiny invited him to debate (at best). Jon wasn't ready for what Destiny wanted from him, so he was quickly backed into a corner. I think many of us have said some stupid things when we are backed into a corner, especially when you aren't in a situation where you can really sit back and think like when you are on a discussion board.

Now, I don't blame Destiny for what happened, but I also give Jon at least a little room for apologies and clarifications.

That said, I also don't think Jon should have been quiet or walked away. He shouldn't have accepted a debate when he wasn't ready for one, but most of his opinions in their more calm-minded forms aren't really that radical or ridiculous. What he should have done is calm down and try to express them more clearly instead of the opposite. We shouldn't encourage an atmosphere where people are afraid to speak out unless they are really crossing a line (which he didn't before the debate imo).


I feel that Destiny is more interested in shaming people if anything else. Granted, some do deserve criticism, but my main concern stems from a video titled "Debating a 15 year old Avid Trump Supporter". I cannot really support this action, even though the civility and maturity of said teenager was quite high.

It is shameful if you ask me, considering the scope of his show.


JonTron did a pretty good job of shaming himself, especially when he said all those stupid, racist things. Oh, and because someone reported this harmless topic to the mods, I have some trolling to do.



He did say disturbing stuff, but Destiny's behavior left me to believe that any "debate" was impossible, as Destiny did not intend to do so in the first place. Destiny made it worst, not better. Destiny was not trying to be understanding, but ruthless in his endeavor to make Jon look bad if he says anything that Destiny just agreed with. Even though I disagree with Jon and think he should be discredited in his claims, that is not a discussion, but over an hour of internet vigilantism.

Let us be clear. Destiny''s mistakes do not alleviate that of Jon's. However, Jon became more and more flustered and aggressive in no small part thanks to Destiny. People can make mistakes under pressure.

Though yes, Jon did say some disturbing stuff if this transcript is clear. My previous comment before this one states that I have a subjective measure of "understandable belief" as I like to call it, something I can understand someone to believe that is false, versus something overly ridiculous that I do not think anyone should consider it.

In essence, I am more understanding of the false factoid that Earthworms form two separate beings when cut in half, versus Obama is a lizard alien.

It just turns out that Jon made even more ridiculous claims then I thought he did.
15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/2/17 , edited 4/2/17
He have never been good with this sort of thing...
Also trying to be like this or push it into this sort of thing wasn't the greatest either...
and if by any chance you would go after the discussion about him being removed from that platformer game and people disliking that?
then don't blame them for being annoyed.
This whole thing was a bit of an mess.

Jontron knows he isn't that good with this or maybe people in real life, but he knows his games and lives by such.
He aren't a political figure and don't pretend to be so.
Also he isn't trump...
35657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/17

sundin13 wrote:
Its not really hard to imagine how it happened. Destiny didn't invite him to "clarify", Destiny invited him to debate (at best). Jon wasn't ready for what Destiny wanted from him, so he was quickly backed into a corner. I think many of us have said some stupid things when we are backed into a corner, especially when you aren't in a situation where you can really sit back and think like when you are on a discussion board.


He didn't get backed into a corner. He offered up his points of his own volition. Then argued for them. He's said stupid shit prior to the debate ( and stupid shit afterwards ). The debate was his chance to clarify the garbage he said prior to this. Unfortunately, his clarification was to double down. While yes, he was not prepared for a debate ( that is his own fault ) it doesn't excuse his positions.



sundin13 wrote:
We shouldn't encourage an atmosphere where people are afraid to speak out unless they are really crossing a line (which he didn't before the debate imo).


The debate was more the culmination of it all. There was a stream he did prior to this where he shared a number of his "opinions" on things such as Syrian refugees ( they should fix their own country ), Hillary supporters ( they're cultists ), Bernie supporters ( they're autistic ), liberals ( they're communists ) and George Soros ( the mastermind behind all of the refugees, protests, etc ).

That led to a falling out with another prominent Youtuber he was friends with. Then he said more stupid shit on Twitter and got into it with Destiny. Destiny invited him to debate and the rest is the internet history.

Reddit has the timeline broken down fairly well: https://www.reddit.com/r/JonTron/comments/5za2oa/questions_megathread/dexo8hz/
Posted 4/3/17
Idc what jontron has to say tbh.
He keeps coming out with videos and I'm happy.
Posted 4/3/17


Thanks for this summary



Foreigners dilute the gene pool
Black crime in America is the same as in Africa
Racial issues can be summed up via mixing different colors of paint
Statistical data means nothing because Clinton lost the election
Destiny wants to kill black people
Black Lives Matter is a violent organization
The richest black man commits more crimes than the poorest white man
Tribalism is a valid theory
Immigrants are destroying every single country they are let into
America is gonna become Mexico
Racism is over
Muslims are organizing to make it seem like Christians are protesting abortion clinics
Irish settlers to North America were not prejudiced against; that was a myth
Discrimination does not exist in modern-day America
Pure America is white European settlers
All of Europe is the same
Social demographics and upbringing don't play any part in crime rates
Japan is the gold standard for a racially pure country


So he's racist, least he's doesn't wanna kill or get rid of everyone not white. If that was the case he'd be against me too
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/17

Roboteki wrote:



Thanks for this summary



Foreigners dilute the gene pool
Black crime in America is the same as in Africa
Racial issues can be summed up via mixing different colors of paint
Statistical data means nothing because Clinton lost the election
Destiny wants to kill black people
Black Lives Matter is a violent organization
The richest black man commits more crimes than the poorest white man
Tribalism is a valid theory
Immigrants are destroying every single country they are let into
America is gonna become Mexico
Racism is over
Muslims are organizing to make it seem like Christians are protesting abortion clinics
Irish settlers to North America were not prejudiced against; that was a myth
Discrimination does not exist in modern-day America
Pure America is white European settlers
All of Europe is the same
Social demographics and upbringing don't play any part in crime rates
Japan is the gold standard for a racially pure country


So he's racist, least he's doesn't wanna kill or get rid of everyone not white. If that was the case he'd be against me too


So? He still said racist things, and now he's paying for it. Just because he didn't claim he wants anyone dead, doesn't mean he should get a pass.
3134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 4/3/17
Don't Japan and China still hate each other despite genetic similarity?

Gold standard, okaaaay.
Posted 4/3/17

AlienNineFan wrote:

So? He still said racist things, and now he's paying for it. Just because he didn't claim he wants anyone dead, doesn't mean he should get a pass.


I'm not making excuses for JonTron, I'm not his fan. Racism exist everywhere. Just gotta try change peoples minds, not through force. Forcing doesn't work.
Ejanss 
16621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/3/17

AlienNineFan wrote:

In case anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, just take a look at this video--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQA9GZprqM&t=1s


Since I don't have Internet-culture obsession with YouTube celebrities, why, yes, you're right--I AM wondering what you're talking about.
56 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/17
What exactly did he say that was racist? Some things were unclear and could have been spun as racist if you jump to conclusions, but if you look at exactly what his words are then its pretty clear what he was talking about... People are only freaking out about this because that idiot destiny was literally shoving words in his mouth the entire time.
14848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/17

Roboteki wrote:

Thanks for this summary



Foreigners dilute the gene pool
Black crime in America is the same as in Africa
Racial issues can be summed up via mixing different colors of paint
Statistical data means nothing because Clinton lost the election
Destiny wants to kill black people
Black Lives Matter is a violent organization
The richest black man commits more crimes than the poorest white man
Tribalism is a valid theory
Immigrants are destroying every single country they are let into
America is gonna become Mexico
Racism is over
Muslims are organizing to make it seem like Christians are protesting abortion clinics
Irish settlers to North America were not prejudiced against; that was a myth
Discrimination does not exist in modern-day America
Pure America is white European settlers
All of Europe is the same
Social demographics and upbringing don't play any part in crime rates
Japan is the gold standard for a racially pure country


So he's racist, least he's doesn't wanna kill or get rid of everyone not white. If that was the case he'd be against me too


See, the vast majority of that isn't in the "unforgivable" or "undiscussable" category. For example, one of the things that I've heard a few times that people have taken issue with is that "The richest black man commits more crimes than the poorest white man". This is something that I've actually heard a few times and from the fact checking I've done, it isn't technically wrong. It certainly isn't something we should throw up our arms about and yell "burn him at the stake" for simply saying. Yes, there is a lot more in there and I don't know the context of it all or when he said it (as I've said before, he was backed into a corner by Destiny and ended up saying some things that he has made it clear he doesn't stand by), but I think a lot of this is being blown up a little too much.

I disagree with a lot of those viewpoints and I do think some cross the line (although without context it is a lot harder to judge), but the majority of those points are not "undiscussable"
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Online
Posted 4/3/17
There are two main types of racists: Ignorant Racists and Malicious Racists. Ignorant Racists are those who blindly believe stereotypes or "facts" about a group of people that they heard through the grapevine. They also tend to use the actions of a few and claim that ALL people within that group are like that. Malicious Racists, on the other hand, are those who seek to oppress (using either violence or laws/politics) a group of people simply because they are different from them. Sure, they may claim to have other reasons (and will often initially appear as an ignorant racist at first), but their main reason is ultimately differences (they just use stereotypes/"statistics"/etc. as justification for their prejudice). The main difference between ignorant and malicious is that ignorant racists mainly stick to just verbally saying stuff, while malicious racists go out of their way to oppress people. Also, I think there is a stronger possibility to cure (or at least lessen) the prejudice that an ignorant racist has (unless he/she is very stubborn), than a malicious racist.

It is possible for someone to be both an Ignorant Racist and a Malicious Racist at the same time. It is also possible for someone to start off as an ignorant racist, but eventually evolve into a malicious racist.

As for Jontron, from what I seen, it seems like he is in the Ignorant Racist category. However, he doesn't seem to be a Malicious Racist since his prejudice seems to stem from ignorance. Of course, if he ever gave money to the KKK or other hate groups, then he would also be a Malicious Racist (since giving money to hate groups, especially knowing that they are hate groups, means you are trying to oppress people by proxy).
564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 4/3/17
Why is Jon Tron so afraid of being a minority. im a Black person and i've been a minority my whole life. what he doesn't like how us black people were, and to a point still are, treated in the US?
15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/3/17
Maybe he has been watched a bit too much fox news.
lmao...
I would disagree and agree to some of the "how black people are still treated in the US"...
But sometimes its a bit annoying to push this "only they can be racist because of..." something Jontron is more on about the SJW stuff.
while besides that... yeah he hasn't been to great with all that other talk but again he isn't someone with political power or spreading such views or consider pushing it onto others?

While I do agree he have caught a notion of that, yes in fact BLM can be "harmful" but maybe not in the views he holds or how he looks at it.
Some says that BLM is similar to KKK, I wouldn't really say so but at times they could nearly support the things KKK where doing.
Ofc in a lesser extreme way, but still harmful.
(against cops, teaching some silly stuff on the streets and so on, really with the american so beloved propaganda everywhere)...
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.