First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor Discussion
4126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/4/17
Ah there it is, the seasonal harem magical school anime.
I've to admit that it's not as bad as I thought it would be, given the overused premise and chara style; but that's far from saying that it's a good watch (for now).
20107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/17 , edited 4/4/17
Interesting show. This is probably the one genre where I don't really care if certain things are overused or not.

Nice uniforms tho
17619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/4/17
Haha. This show is definitely gonna get a lot of hate but having generic harem shows like this once in a while is fine with me. Probably will end watching the whole thing...
11334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The outer atmoshe...
Online
Posted 4/4/17
You know, as much as I may want to hate this show, I did kind of enjoy it. It's definitely dumb and cliche, but it was good for some chuckles. I liked Glenn's homemade resume, and his somersault prostration was pretty great. I'll probably watch a few more episodes at least.

But seriously, those uniforms. I mean, just why?
35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/17
Those uniforms are awful and raise serious and disturbing questions about this country's education system. >.>
14428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/17
At least the "uniforms" serve the educational purposes of the boys.

It's nice that the useless teacher is aware of what he's in, but it would be nice if he were someone else entirely.
8530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / In Your Closet
Offline
Posted 4/4/17
This show is not a harem btw. The harem element is pretty low-key, similar to Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.
20757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/4/17 , edited 4/4/17
AND THE AWARD FOR THE MOST PERVERTED SCHOOL GIRL UNIFORMS GOOOOOOOOO's TOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor
14119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/17

Binsensei94 wrote:

This show is not a harem btw. The harem element is pretty low-key, similar to Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.



Yeah don't understand it being labeled "harem" the teacher is obviously the main guy and I highly doubt he's going to form a harem from his students and the lady who made him take the job does not seem like the harem type. This reminds me of a Irresponsible Captain Tyler if anyone remembers that, irresponsible guy uses unorthodox methods and everyone gradually realizes he's great and not just a bumbling idiot.
14428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/17 , edited 4/7/17

kkmenchi wrote:


Binsensei94 wrote:

This show is not a harem btw. The harem element is pretty low-key, similar to Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.



Yeah don't understand it being labeled "harem" the teacher is obviously the main guy and I highly doubt he's going to form a harem from his students and the lady who made him take the job does not seem like the harem type. This reminds me of a Irresponsible Captain Tyler if anyone remembers that, irresponsible guy uses unorthodox methods and everyone gradually realizes he's great and not just a bumbling idiot.


Except this guy actually is a bumbling idiot, so far.
5858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/4/17 , edited 4/4/17
That was kind of painful, but I'll watch a few more episodes to see if this evolves into anything interesting. I'm hoping that the magic system is somewhat explored in detail. Glen reminds me a bit of Junichirou from Ultimate Otaku Teacher; which isn't a good thing.

This has a weird disparity with male and female attire. The male staff (even Glen) and male students all wore regular clothing found in schools and universities (with a slight fantasy/medieval twist). In contrast, the female students looked like backup dancers for idols, and the one female staff (Celica) was dressed for a gothic lolita party. It wouldn't be so jarring if the show decided to commit to one direction: have everyone dress absurdly, or have everyone dress normally.
24367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Online
Posted 4/4/17
The show is merely "okay" for now. I'm not getting worked up over the clothes since even Japanese High Schools now have a certain sense of clothes dichotomy since males wears suits and the girls sailor suits. This show just carried the dichotomy a bit too far. So far Celica is the best part of the show to me. I think this show will get the 3 episode rule before I decide one way or the other.
27093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Tokyo, Japan
Offline
Posted 4/4/17

Gafennec wrote:

The show is merely "okay" for now. I'm not getting worked up over the clothes since even Japanese High Schools now have a certain sense of clothes dichotomy since males wears suits and the girls sailor suits. This show just carried the dichotomy a bit too far. So far Celica is the best part of the show to me. I think this show will get the 3 episode rule before I decide one way or the other.


Actually very few high schools still use the sailor uniforms in Japan.

Aside from that, yeah basically how i feel on this show exactly. Its pretty meh and just gives me those light novel vibes.
24367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Online
Posted 4/4/17

abeltensro wrote:
Actually very few high schools still use the sailor uniforms in Japan.


Okay. I just have to base my perceptions of what I've seen in the past outside of anime. I've always wanted to live in or visit Japan, but alas not to be.


abeltensro wrote:
Aside from that, yeah basically how i feel on this show exactly. Its pretty meh and just gives me those light novel vibes.


Yeah. Like I said it gets the 3 episode rule to win me over enough to keep watching.
62757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Bay Area, CA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/17
Funny, the uniforms seem the most notable thing about this show. Almost looks like the school adopted Shimakaze (Kancolle) cosplay as the uniform.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.