First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Anyone else who doesn't like physical touch in relationships
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/5/17 , edited 4/5/17

-Array- wrote:

[

I'm trying to be nice here. That experience is from YEARS of seeing women and what they want in a guy. Touch is very high on there list and l have never met the kind you are looking for. Go ask all the girl friends you have and ask how high touching is in a relationship or even hugging/cuddling. I bet you that 9 or 10/10 will say that it is very important. The 1/10 might be the person that is to shy to answer and lie to you.




Yes i know that hence why people like me have to compromise an suffer though i don't see why wanting a relationship without touch should be shunned and seen at as wrong or that not touching your partner at times should be seen at as wrong.

i hate how people have 0 understanding.

i have talked to many Autistic people who don't touch their SO that much because touching people makes them feel gross and horrible due to sensory issues.

However if they don't touch their SO they are seen as some bad guy.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to touch your SO yes its a need for most but thats where compromise comes in and if your SO loved you just as you loved them enough to touch them then you would honestly expect them to be also a little accommodating to your own issues i would personally believe.

However people here have the archaic belief that a relationship cannot exist without touch or sex that you can't be in love with someone and care for them and be there one and only and i personally think that is bullshit myself if others disagree fine but imo it's stupid.

But as i said before in my other posts Compromising is how you work a relationship you do things you hate for the person you love.


MrEnder1337 wrote:

This guy is pure out trolling everyone its time to ignore him. No one would missuse a dictionairys context that badly and so obviously unless they were trolling so hes a fake its all fake he just wants attention


i'm not trolling just because i disagree with you means im trolling?

I didn't misuse the dictionary context at all it was one of the three intended meanings.

It doesn't mean you need sex to have a relationship factually sexless relationships exist and work you cannot deny that.

i don't care for attention but if your going to make claims atleast get your facts right ok?
Ignore me if you like though it would help me as i don't want to deal with people who can't accept that some people hate touch and want a relationship without touch or sex because it's just pathetic imho not everyone is the same to go and tell them they won't find someone or it won't work etc when you know everyone is different is just being ridiculous at best.

but your open to your opinion i should accept it even if i disagree with it i guess.

5763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/5/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


-Array- wrote:

[

I'm trying to be nice here. That experience is from YEARS of seeing women and what they want in a guy. Touch is very high on there list and l have never met the kind you are looking for. Go ask all the girl friends you have and ask how high touching is in a relationship or even hugging/cuddling. I bet you that 9 or 10/10 will say that it is very important. The 1/10 might be the person that is to shy to answer and lie to you.




Yes i know that hence why people like me have to compromise an suffer though i don't see why wanting a relationship without touch should be shunned and seen at as wrong or that not touching your partner at times should be seen at as wrong.

i hate how people have 0 understanding.

i have talked to many Autistic people who don't touch their SO that much because touching people makes them feel gross and horrible due to sensory issues.

However if they don't touch their SO they are seen as some bad guy.

There is nothing wrong with not wanting to touch your SO yes its a need for most but thats where compromise comes in and if your SO loved you just as you loved them enough to touch them then you would honestly expect them to be also a little accommodating to your own issues i would personally believe.

However people here have the archaic belief that a relationship cannot exist without touch or sex that you can't be in love with someone and care for them and be there one and only and i personally think that is bullshit myself if others disagree fine but imo it's stupid.

But as i said before in my other posts Compromising is how you work a relationship you do things you hate for the person you love.


Most relationships nowadays are touch orientated. That means if the world is 95% touch then you have to deal with being the 5%. Relationships are very intimate and sex is HUGE on if it's going to work or not. If l find someone l like and they don't want to touch then im going to assume they have no interest in me. The same is said in reverse.

I have heard of only one girl that wanted a relationship like that and she wanted to be spoiled like a princess but if your broke, she is leaving. Basically...all she wanted was your money.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/5/17 , edited 4/6/17

-Array- wrote:

Most relationships nowadays are touch orientated. That means if the world is 95% touch then you have to deal with being the 5%. Relationships are very intimate and sex is HUGE on if it's going to work or not. If l find someone l like and they don't want to touch then im going to assume they have no interest in me. The same is said in reverse.

I have heard of only one girl that wanted a relationship like that and she wanted to be spoiled like a princess but if your broke, she is leaving. Basically...all she wanted was your money.


Sounds awful and yeah i know the world is mostly like that hence why for people like me and others who are Autistic and hate touch compromise and sacrifice and doing what we hate is necessary.

I don't think its hopeless for people like me who absolutely hate touch
209480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 4/5/17
its not a BAD relationship without physical touch.
but its not too ideal either right ?

that you don't desire somebody else hugs and cuddles.
almost like, you don't like the other person enough.
let's say you do like the other person overwhemingly , but u dun feel like cuddling and snuggling , then what about the other party who actually want it ?
Posted 4/5/17
you're probably ace m8
25980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/5/17
Actually i'm not fond of touch as well. Can't stand the warmth of others around me or their touch but it's something i've bee managing well. Suppose it's because i'm used to ldr.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/5/17

summerbeat wrote:

its not a BAD relationship without physical touch.
but its not too ideal either right ?

that you don't desire somebody else hugs and cuddles.
almost like, you don't like the other person enough.
let's say you do like the other person overwhemingly , but u dun feel like cuddling and snuggling , then what about the other party who actually want it ?


thats when you should compromise maybe cuddle up to them one time but next time they don't cuddle or something.
Communication is important there :O
296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / California
Offline
Posted 4/5/17
I was in a relationship for 5 years after the 3rd or so year he told me he didn't want to be affectionate in public..Kissing, holding hands, hugging... It didn't bother me at first, but after a while we just stopped all together. My feelings started to change from romantic to friendship. I didn't think i needed that physical touch to be in love (we were like an old married couple) but without it it was just a friendship. We broke up but are still best friends. To me the line between best friends and romantic relationship comes down to the touch. Thats just me though... If you find a girl who is like you then good for you, but I'm sure it may be hard..Good luck.
209480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 4/6/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


summerbeat wrote:

its not a BAD relationship without physical touch.
but its not too ideal either right ?

that you don't desire somebody else hugs and cuddles.
almost like, you don't like the other person enough.
let's say you do like the other person overwhemingly , but u dun feel like cuddling and snuggling , then what about the other party who actually want it ?


thats when you should compromise maybe cuddle up to them one time but next time they don't cuddle or something.
Communication is important there :O


hmmm but you are a male.
what if your 'can cuddle' period only happens one time one month?
and when she is having her period , she is extra emotional, she want to cuddle 9 times per week ?
19794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/6/17
Hell no. Physical touch is a huge part of being in a relationship for me. I actually find it soothing. You do you though. Whatever makes you happy.
llunga 
4175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 4/6/17

The majority of people in this thread are actually wrong. It's perfectly okay to be asexual. You also suffer with autism so not a lot of people with that don't really like contact so before dating they should have slightly knew. But it's up to you to talk to them through it so you guys have a better understanding.
942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Offline
Posted 4/6/17
I was gonna say what Illungan said, you're asexual and thats fine. I don't like being touched either, I understand where you're coming from.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/6/17 , edited 4/6/17

summerbeat wrote:

hmmm but you are a male.
what if your 'can cuddle' period only happens one time one month?
and when she is having her period , she is extra emotional, she want to cuddle 9 times per week ?


As I said compromise in relationships you need to do stuff you hate to make it work sometimes


-lux wrote:

I was gonna say what Illungan said, you're asexual and thats fine. I don't like being touched either, I understand where you're coming from.


I don't think you can be asexual if you still are turned on and can be sexual if needed be are you? (I might not understand it if not XD)

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.