First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Kado: The Right Answer Discussion
LokiLB 
44928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/14/17

StriderShinryu wrote:

Very intriguing though I still don't really know exactly where all of this is going. Excellent use of music again in this episode and it looks like they may be a continual strong point moving forward. I also really liked the bit about the king speaking to the dog in the storybook right before Shunina went out to speak with the assembled humans. A little on the nose as it would have been better not to have that moment happen right before Shunina went outside but still a quality moment that fairly clearly expresses what seems to be going on here.


How about the fact that his cape is totally from that kids book? XD

Everyone be ready to say 'Klaatu barada nikto'.
4126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/14/17
It's too bad that this show is in CGI; but it's interesting so far, so can't complain too much.
I wish in this episode they would have moved onto the "juicy" stuff, such as the conference between the two sides. Instead we got a flashback about what happened within the cube, during episode 1. Oh well, next week should be better.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/14/17

LokiLB wrote:


StriderShinryu wrote:

Very intriguing though I still don't really know exactly where all of this is going. Excellent use of music again in this episode and it looks like they may be a continual strong point moving forward. I also really liked the bit about the king speaking to the dog in the storybook right before Shunina went out to speak with the assembled humans. A little on the nose as it would have been better not to have that moment happen right before Shunina went outside but still a quality moment that fairly clearly expresses what seems to be going on here.


How about the fact that his cape is totally from that kids book? XD

Everyone be ready to say 'Klaatu barada nikto'.


Okay, that I didn't notice. Good catch!

qwueri 
19992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 4/14/17 , edited 4/14/17
The CGi blends pretty well, and the plot is engaging despite being obtuse as hell. Is this like an anime version of Lost?

And who in their right minds would be okay with being stuck on an airplane for 30 days?
LokiLB 
44928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/14/17

qwueri wrote:

The CGi blends pretty well, and the plot is engaging despite being obtuse as hell. Is this like an anime version of Lost?

And who in their right minds would be okay with being stuck on an airplane for 30 days?


Sure beats being in the Langoliers movie. XD
24343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Offline
Posted 4/14/17

qwueri wrote:

And who in their right minds would be okay with being stuck on an airplane for 30 days?


Beats being dead. As long as the waste tanks are drained..it'll be uncomfortable, but livable.
qwueri 
19992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 4/14/17

Gafennec wrote:

Beats being dead. As long as the waste tanks are drained..it'll be uncomfortable, but livable.


As long as getting stuck on the runway feels for a few hours, I dunno about that.
24343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Offline
Posted 4/14/17

qwueri wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

Beats being dead. As long as the waste tanks are drained..it'll be uncomfortable, but livable.


As long as getting stuck on the runway feels for a few hours, I dunno about that.


I'm sure some accommodations will be made, but for now plane better then dead.
7463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / US
Offline
Posted 4/14/17
Finally got time to watch. This is definitely interesting. I like how it's pretty grounded in reality despite the fact that it's an invasion of the alien cube. The background music is also pretty enjoyable. If I was one of those passengers, though, there is no way I would spend 29 days in an airplane. I'd be camping out on the ramp at the very least.
qwueri 
19992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 4/14/17

Gafennec wrote:

I'm sure some accommodations will be made, but for now plane better then dead. :)


Until someone goes postal from leg cramps anyway.
24343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Offline
Posted 4/14/17

qwueri wrote:


Gafennec wrote:

I'm sure some accommodations will be made, but for now plane better then dead. :)


Until someone goes postal from leg cramps anyway.


There is that of course, but be hard to go postal with no real weapons on board due to safety regs and all that.
79499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/14/17 , edited 4/14/17
29 days in a plane

no internet ,no tv ,no phone , same magazine, same book not unless you have a game and then it can recreat it

too bad its all in CG but i must say ,its a pretty good blend
LokiLB 
44928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/14/17

iashakezula wrote:

29 days in a plane

no internet ,no tv ,no phone , same magazine, same book not unless you have a game and then it can recreat it

too bad its all in CG but i must say ,its a pretty good blend


It's a large international flight, so at least they'll have a decent number of movies.
79499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
from the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/14/17
same movies

140844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/15/17
The clever use of CGI by Toei makes the aesthetic visual presentation of the show less abysmal coupled with a plot that is well-written makes Kado an entertaining show to watch
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.