First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply We need more Ultraman!
19063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 4/7/17
It's been a year since we Ultraman Nexus and Ultraman Gaia made were added to the library. Sure we had Ultraman Orb in that time but I'm busting through Nexus like crazy. After I'm done the only Ultraman I'll have left on this site I haven't watched is Ultraman Leo. We need more Ultraman in the near future. Who's with me?
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 4/8/17
I just don't think there's that much interest in it to be honest, I mean I myself am a decently experienced tokusatsu fan and I can rarely enjoy an Ultraman series. I like the idea of a super hero who fights more like a wrestler than a martial artist but they don't really go anywhere with the concept and the majority of the Ultramen seem pretty much interchangeable, samey designs, samey personalities, samey powers etc. I just don't see Ultraman gaining much traction here.
22020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / Somewhere in Clai...
Online
Posted 4/14/17
That's just your opinion. I for one love the Ultra series. Sure it's gotten a little gimmicky recently, but at least they don't go overboard like they have with Kamen Rider. They really need to add Tiga,Dyna,and Cosmos, and with Xead on his way.
23137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/17
I was hoping we'd see Orb Origin here, and add me to the list who want to see the last 3 Heisei Ultramen that Crunchyroll hasn't shown yet.
25454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / FL
Offline
Posted 5/14/17
ughhhh..?

Do people really watch this show? lol
7397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/21/17
I want a new Ultraman that doesn't depend on older Ultras (be it through "dolls" or "cards or whatever).

I really can't get into the heisei UItras. I liked Mebius but that's about it.
2012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / San Francisco, Ca
Offline
Posted 6/3/17
Has there been any word on Geed being simulcast here?
23137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
No word yet, but when Crunchyroll simulcast X and Orb it was announced the day before broadcast. Keeping fingers crossed!
5010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17
Another vote for Crunchyroll to simulcast Ultraman Geed. Hope we hear something soon.
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/17
I hope they add ultraman tiga soon cause that is one of the most popular ultraman series and the one that got me into watching ultraman I mean is it that hard just to add it in the library



23137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
I recently heard that 4Kids still have the rights to the show over here. So it's up to them whether to put it out on streaming, or make more dvd's.
I have the full set that they put out 15 years ago. But I know a lot of fans have never seen the full show.
8012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Austin, TX
Online
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/20/17
Well, we just got Ultraman Geed, thank goodness! I was worried when I hadn't heard an announcement and then just on Friday morning we got the news. Gives me something to look forward to on Friday nights, that's for sure!
346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/17

octorockandroll wrote:

I just don't think there's that much interest in it to be honest, I mean I myself am a decently experienced tokusatsu fan and I can rarely enjoy an Ultraman series. I like the idea of a super hero who fights more like a wrestler than a martial artist but they don't really go anywhere with the concept and the majority of the Ultramen seem pretty much interchangeable, samey designs, samey personalities, samey powers etc. I just don't see Ultraman gaining much traction here.


This. Except not for quite the reasons you stated.

I'm a heavy Super Sentai and Kamen Rider afficionado. I've TRIED to get into Ultraman. I've tried Ultraseven, Nexus, Towards The Future, and Orb.

None of them clicked for me. And it took me a while to realize why.

The problem here, and I think this is why I can't really get into Ultraman no matter how hard I try, is that unlike other toku hero shows, Ultraman's mythos persists during regular seasons, so there's a bit of a continuity lockout problem. It's kind of like picking up a random issue of, say, Spider-Man and thinking "OK, it's a comic book, quick read," and then there's all this stuff going on that you would have to have read ten other comic books to make heads or tails of.

With Geed, I'm going to TRY. But it won't be easy. I actually LIKED the first episode of Geed enough to really really WANT to stick with it.

But if Geed doesn't do it for me? Nothing will. Because Ultraman is, frankly, the hardest toku hero show to love.
22020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / Somewhere in Clai...
Online
Posted 7/13/17

mythrilmothV2 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I just don't think there's that much interest in it to be honest, I mean I myself am a decently experienced tokusatsu fan and I can rarely enjoy an Ultraman series. I like the idea of a super hero who fights more like a wrestler than a martial artist but they don't really go anywhere with the concept and the majority of the Ultramen seem pretty much interchangeable, samey designs, samey personalities, samey powers etc. I just don't see Ultraman gaining much traction here.


This. Except not for quite the reasons you stated.

I'm a heavy Super Sentai and Kamen Rider afficionado. I've TRIED to get into Ultraman. I've tried Ultraseven, Nexus, Towards The Future, and Orb.

None of them clicked for me. And it took me a while to realize why.

The problem here, and I think this is why I can't really get into Ultraman no matter how hard I try, is that unlike other toku hero shows, Ultraman's mythos persists during regular seasons, so there's a bit of a continuity lockout problem. It's kind of like picking up a random issue of, say, Spider-Man and thinking "OK, it's a comic book, quick read," and then there's all this stuff going on that you would have to have read ten other comic books to make heads or tails of.

With Geed, I'm going to TRY. But it won't be easy. I actually LIKED the first episode of Geed enough to really really WANT to stick with it.

But if Geed doesn't do it for me? Nothing will. Because Ultraman is, frankly, the hardest toku hero show to love.


Maybe it's because you expect it to be like Kamen Rider or Super Sentai, you can't get into it.
346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/17

Zindakku wrote:

Maybe it's because you expect it to be like Kamen Rider or Super Sentai, you can't get into it.


Eh, not really. I don't go into anything with expectations of it being like something else. But Ultraman's continuity lockout problem does make it harder for new fans to get into, and it only gets worse over time.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.