First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply san bernardino school shooting
24120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 4/10/17

MonoDreams wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote: Quite possibly, Resource Officers do not show up at Elementary Schools. Cannot remember where my school had one personally.


"Resource officer"? Is that the name for security guards where you live? (no offense) Where I live, there's at least 2 armed police officers at every school.


Yes, here in Virginia. We had ones at Middle Schools and High Schools. Elementary may have been different. I was pretty young.
270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
I think before people start arguing about the person's race, etc. (I'm probably already too late), I think we need to address the increasing desensitization of school shootings in general. I see a ton of memes about "yea when that weird white kid has enough of being roasted" or something like that. Kids are stupid. It's fine to make jokes about to some extent but at some point, it starts becoming normal and does the opposite of deterring people from doing things like this. I don't think this falls in the same category of how people will say "first person shooters desensitize kids from violence". I think those games do kind of detach you from the reality of actually shooting someone but I think making memes about it and downgrading the matter as another "inevitable inconvenience" takes it a step further. I'm not saying "STOP JOKING ABOUT IT" but I'm saying let's all put some more thought into the gravity of the issue since it's glaringly apparent how impressionable and easily influenced by social media today's youth (which in today's society might as well mean anyone under the age of 30) are...(dang I ended on an a verb).
21827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/10/17 , edited 4/10/17

qwueri wrote:


auroraloose wrote:

Actually, what redokami did was indeed baiting, and whatever she thinks her intention is is irrelevant. No one has access to her intention, as it's in her brain; what is important is the statement itself and what it does, because that's all we have access to. As you already said, qwueri, one does not have to mention or consider the demographics of the assailant in discussing what happened, though it is a natural question. But what actually makes this baiting is creating this thread in the first place - or, even better, that this is news in the first place. The pattern of "hear about attack - anticipate it being by a Muslim - clamor about terrorism" already exists, and this situation has already fallen into it. You already started speculating when you mentioned the question, redokami, for we (and society) are primed with answers beforehand. What does it do for us to discuss this situation on redokami's terms? Give credence to her formulation of the world, of which we already have experience. This thread is currently a placeholder for her anticipation that the attacker is Muslim. It would be difficult for it to function otherwise in American society.


Other than inference from Redokami's slip about not claiming the attacker was Muslim, there's very little to go on that doesn't assume intention. It's a national story from a town that was previously in the news, someone's bound to post about it and prime it with their own world views. Which is why anyone posting in a thread is just as likely to get their viewpoint picked at as well as the topic at hand.


Exactly as you yourself fucking mentioned you arent in my brain. So stop acting like you know my intentions and thoughts, i gave a common example people use in response to another user , explaining that that example would be bait,which ironically enough you admit that its common "clamor" i myself however wasnt saying that is what i myself thought so stop putting words in my mouth in the op i didnt state any race or sex or anything i simply said its unknown, the facts will come out later which like it or not will be written down . Whether they are white black european or middle eastern it will come out .
Again i gave a EXAMPLE or do you not know what that means
you are. Literally saying what YOU THINK i was THINKING as i typed out the op
Kindly stop putting words in my mouth tyvm : )
Edit:i will not respond to you because this has de railed far enough
40927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / HI
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
I dont think everything happens in California, but this was very unfortunate.
21827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/10/17 , edited 4/10/17

darkfire9o9 wrote:

I dont think everything happens in California, but this was very unfortunate.


It was sarcasm, because it seems something always happens there the past year or so
, such as a wildfire or berkely riot lol or something
qwueri 
21109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/17

redokami wrote:

Exactly as you yourself fucking mentioned you arent in my brain. So stop acting like you know my intentions and thoughts, i gave a common example people use in response to another user , explaining that that example would be bait,which ironically enough you admit that its common "clamor" i myself however wasnt saying that is what i myself thought so stop putting words in my mouth in the op i didnt state any race or sex or anything i simply said its unknown, the facts will come out later which like it or not will be written down . Whether they are white black european or middle eastern it will come out .
Again i gave a EXAMPLE or do you not know what that means
you are. Literally saying what YOU THINK i was THINKING as i typed out the op
Kindly stop putting words in my mouth tyvm : )


I never put those words in your mouth. Neither did I advocate assuming intentions, because as you so very well illustrate it puts a person on the defensive and is constructive to noone.
21827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/10/17

qwueri wrote:


redokami wrote:

Exactly as you yourself fucking mentioned you arent in my brain. So stop acting like you know my intentions and thoughts, i gave a common example people use in response to another user , explaining that that example would be bait,which ironically enough you admit that its common "clamor" i myself however wasnt saying that is what i myself thought so stop putting words in my mouth in the op i didnt state any race or sex or anything i simply said its unknown, the facts will come out later which like it or not will be written down . Whether they are white black european or middle eastern it will come out .
Again i gave a EXAMPLE or do you not know what that means
you are. Literally saying what YOU THINK i was THINKING as i typed out the op
Kindly stop putting words in my mouth tyvm : )


I never put those words in your mouth. Neither did I advocate assuming intentions, because as you so very well illustrate it puts a person on the defensive and is constructive to noone.


That was to auroaloose, sorry
21293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / So. Cal
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
Tragedy strikes San Bernardino again. Like the pervious one, I hope this isn't politicized as an excuse to bring up the gun control debate.
21827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/10/17

camay1997 wrote:

Tragedy strikes San Bernardino again. Like the pervious one, I hope this isn't politicized as an excuse to bring up the gun control debate.


It probably willl
2029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
United States is extremely popular with school shootings, its disgusting. France had a school shooting and blamed the United States for the influence of it.
2418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 4/10/17

redokami wrote:


qwueri wrote:


auroraloose wrote:

Actually, what redokami did was indeed baiting, and whatever she thinks her intention is is irrelevant. No one has access to her intention, as it's in her brain; what is important is the statement itself and what it does, because that's all we have access to. As you already said, qwueri, one does not have to mention or consider the demographics of the assailant in discussing what happened, though it is a natural question. But what actually makes this baiting is creating this thread in the first place - or, even better, that this is news in the first place. The pattern of "hear about attack - anticipate it being by a Muslim - clamor about terrorism" already exists, and this situation has already fallen into it. You already started speculating when you mentioned the question, redokami, for we (and society) are primed with answers beforehand. What does it do for us to discuss this situation on redokami's terms? Give credence to her formulation of the world, of which we already have experience. This thread is currently a placeholder for her anticipation that the attacker is Muslim. It would be difficult for it to function otherwise in American society.


Other than inference from Redokami's slip about not claiming the attacker was Muslim, there's very little to go on that doesn't assume intention. It's a national story from a town that was previously in the news, someone's bound to post about it and prime it with their own world views. Which is why anyone posting in a thread is just as likely to get their viewpoint picked at as well as the topic at hand.


Exactly as you yourself fucking mentioned you arent in my brain. So stop acting like you know my intentions and thoughts, i gave a common example people use in response to another user , explaining that that example would be bait,which ironically enough you admit that its common "clamor" i myself however wasnt saying that is what i myself thought so stop putting words in my mouth in the op i didnt state any race or sex or anything i simply said its unknown, the facts will come out later which like it or not will be written down . Whether they are white black european or middle eastern it will come out .
Again i gave a EXAMPLE or do you not know what that means
you are. Literally saying what YOU THINK i was THINKING as i typed out the op
Kindly stop putting words in my mouth tyvm : )
Edit:i will not respond to you because this has de railed far enough


Sigh... we don't exist in a neutral background. American culture already has the pattern I mentioned, "hear about attack - anticipate it being by a Muslim - clamor about terrorism", pre-loaded. It's not that any one person can be implying whatever they want; it's that the implications are already fixed. In that sense, redokami is doing little more than reading a script she's been taught. This is why whatever she says about what was in her brain doesn't matter. It's what her words actually do that matter. Basically, if you really think that all you did was say we don't know the demographics of the attacker, redokami, you're saying that words and statements must always be taken at face value, and can't mean anything beyond their bare meanings. Besides, your previous behavior indicates you follow the kind of script I described. So I really have zero reason to believe any of your protestations to the contrary. This is exactly the same argument I was making to runec about mentioning Tillerson's feelings before taking the Secretary of State job.
Posted 4/10/17
Yes it was on all news channels here it's to bad again i don't think school shootings are going away anytime soon.
I saw the children hand- in-hand reminds me back when i was a teacher running safety drills.
21827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/10/17 , edited 4/10/17

MemeMaker wrote:

United States is extremely popular with school shootings, its disgusting. France had a school shooting and blamed the United States for the influence of it.


Shhh people dont believe that lol
11808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 4/10/17

redokami wrote:


MemeMaker wrote:

United States is extremely popular with school shootings, its disgusting. France had a school shooting and blamed the United States for the influence of it.


Shhh people dont believe that lol


Yeah people tend not to believe made up crap, funny isn't it?
2029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/10/17

octorockandroll wrote:


redokami wrote:


MemeMaker wrote:

United States is extremely popular with school shootings, its disgusting. France had a school shooting and blamed the United States for the influence of it.


Shhh people dont believe that lol


Yeah people tend not to believe made up crap, funny isn't it?


So you're saying that the school shooter wasn't influenced by United States school shootings ?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.