First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Homophobia in people might make me quit watching anime
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

salamisama wrote:



Tbh, I didn't expect this thread carry on docile-natured, but I have to say OP you've handled responses maturely ^^ +1 for non over-problematic thread, seems quite rare to have this.

(In the sense that things didn't get personal, of course there are opinions of different perspective like yours and my own.)


Haha thanks! same to you
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

AidenTaylor wrote:

As a trans guy (who gets mistaken for a butch lesbian a lot..), I feel your pain. I avoided a lot of things that I enjoyed for a long time, due to how the community treated the characters. I think that positive visibility is still a thing that a lot of show writers can work on. It wasn't until I started watching The Fosters (ABC/Freeform show on Netflix) that I saw a trans masculine character that wasn't instantly killed or ridiculed.
Sometimes, how the community acts does determine how a show flows. If a character isn't popular with the majority of people who watch the show, why keep them around? Unfortunately, a lot of those characters end up being POC, or MOGAI/LGBT, or have mental illness, or something else that makes them human and relate-able.
If the show is alright, but the community sucks, perhaps you shouldn't read the comments for that show. But that's just my two cents.


I think thats what I might do from now on, with the expection of maybe Gintama haha. I'll just enjoy the show for what it is
1748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17
Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

neotag wrote:

Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.


And here i thought this thread had come to a nice close, right everyone? Sigh.. as soon as you said: Then Quit watching and stop Whining, I stopped caring for your comment, If you had worded it in a better way like previous comments and come of as less agressive i would give it a shot. But im happy to say I will continue watching anime thanks to the previous comments of everyone, despite our differences. Go and read your marvel comments I dont care lol
1748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17

amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:

Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.


And here i thought this thread had come to a nice close, right everyone? Sigh.. as soon as you said: Then Quit watching and stop Whining, I stopped caring for your comment, If you had worded it in a better way like previous comments and come of as less agressive i would give it a shot. But im happy to say I will continue watching anime thanks to the previous comments of everyone, despite our differences. Go and read your marvel comments I dont care lol


Then you missed the point of the comment and that's your own fault. Maybe learn to read an entire thought before you judge. That agressiveness as you put it connects to the last paragrah and the whole theme of the comment.
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:

Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.


And here i thought this thread had come to a nice close, right everyone? Sigh.. as soon as you said: Then Quit watching and stop Whining, I stopped caring for your comment, If you had worded it in a better way like previous comments and come of as less agressive i would give it a shot. But im happy to say I will continue watching anime thanks to the previous comments of everyone, despite our differences. Go and read your marvel comments I dont care lol


Then you missed the point of the comment and that's your own fault. Maybe learn to read an entire thought before you judge.


I did read the whole thing, you also said: bitch moan, circle jerk bubble wahtever.. And I mean. You could of said the same thing seeming less like an asshole maybe? Frankly I dont think you saw my point either, i wasnt complaining or "bitching" just getting my opinion across. And thanks to others perspectives and my own I came to a conclusion but then your comment came up being all agressive and stuff, and.. thats your problem.. Look I appreciate your perspective okay? Just dont come across as an asshole next time
1748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17

amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:

Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.


And here i thought this thread had come to a nice close, right everyone? Sigh.. as soon as you said: Then Quit watching and stop Whining, I stopped caring for your comment, If you had worded it in a better way like previous comments and come of as less agressive i would give it a shot. But im happy to say I will continue watching anime thanks to the previous comments of everyone, despite our differences. Go and read your marvel comments I dont care lol


Then you missed the point of the comment and that's your own fault. Maybe learn to read an entire thought before you judge.


I did read the whole thing, you also said: bitch moan, circle jerk bubble wahtever.. And I mean. You could of said the same thing seeming less like an asshole maybe? Frankly I dont think you saw my point either, i wasnt complaining or "bitching" just getting my opinion across. And thanks to others perspectives and my own I came to a conclusion but then your comment came up being all agressive and stuff, and.. thats your problem.. Look I appreciate your perspective okay? Just dont come across as an asshole next time


You say Asshole. I say grow thicker skin as there is far too little bluntness in this world.
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:

Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.


And here i thought this thread had come to a nice close, right everyone? Sigh.. as soon as you said: Then Quit watching and stop Whining, I stopped caring for your comment, If you had worded it in a better way like previous comments and come of as less agressive i would give it a shot. But im happy to say I will continue watching anime thanks to the previous comments of everyone, despite our differences. Go and read your marvel comments I dont care lol


Then you missed the point of the comment and that's your own fault. Maybe learn to read an entire thought before you judge.


I did read the whole thing, you also said: bitch moan, circle jerk bubble wahtever.. And I mean. You could of said the same thing seeming less like an asshole maybe? Frankly I dont think you saw my point either, i wasnt complaining or "bitching" just getting my opinion across. And thanks to others perspectives and my own I came to a conclusion but then your comment came up being all agressive and stuff, and.. thats your problem.. Look I appreciate your perspective okay? Just dont come across as an asshole next time


You say Asshole. I say grow thicker skin as there is far too little bluntness in this world.


Great lets see how that works out for this world
19097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17
My issue with this outlook is this:

You want people to be tolerant of you, that's fine. You have a specific value and moral system that allows you to be whoever you choose to be, whichever came first is immaterial.

Are you really going to start self-segregating because some people make you self-conscious about being a bit weird?
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

invertedteapot wrote:

My issue with this outlook is this:

You want people to be tolerant of you, that's fine. You have a specific value and moral system that allows you to be whoever you choose to be, whichever came first is immaterial.

Are you really going to start self-segregating because some people make you self-conscious about being a bit weird?


do you mean me? and what do you mean by "a bit weird?"
1748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:

Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.


And here i thought this thread had come to a nice close, right everyone? Sigh.. as soon as you said: Then Quit watching and stop Whining, I stopped caring for your comment, If you had worded it in a better way like previous comments and come of as less agressive i would give it a shot. But im happy to say I will continue watching anime thanks to the previous comments of everyone, despite our differences. Go and read your marvel comments I dont care lol


Then you missed the point of the comment and that's your own fault. Maybe learn to read an entire thought before you judge.


I did read the whole thing, you also said: bitch moan, circle jerk bubble wahtever.. And I mean. You could of said the same thing seeming less like an asshole maybe? Frankly I dont think you saw my point either, i wasnt complaining or "bitching" just getting my opinion across. And thanks to others perspectives and my own I came to a conclusion but then your comment came up being all agressive and stuff, and.. thats your problem.. Look I appreciate your perspective okay? Just dont come across as an asshole next time


You say Asshole. I say grow thicker skin as there is far too little bluntness in this world.


Great lets see how that works out for this world


Well Hopfully better then right now As part of your issue with the treatment of gays in media is because of that lack of bluntness. Media companies so worried there going to offend LGBT don't let character just be gay. They feel like they have to make that the focus or they will be acused of hiding it or minimizeng it's importance. Just a blunt im gay but that's not all I am Characters are harder to come by because of it. Also I'm sorry but maybe anime isn't going to be for you if there repersentaion of gays bugs you that much. Japan Thinks gays are funny they will not stop thinking that for a long time. As much As I love anime Japan is a xenophbic country that doesn't accept outside ideas very well. I accept that for the most part if the USA is in the show it's not going to be a flattering portrayal. Hell this season there a rather bad short anime about rice "love rice" because rice production and use in japan has fallen and the older folks are scared about it as they see the "rice diet" as a founding principle and the very core of being japanese. Silly as all hell but they believe it will get the young people to put down bread and eat more rice.
Humms 
11887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17
Oh please.

I accept gay people, but I also make fun of them for my own reasons. I even do those gay voices here and there, because it's funny.

Oh but not all gay people have that kind of representation... ya I fucking know that.

People make fun of straight people every day, so why are you soo entitled?

I'm Canadian and I hear the jokes about us, do I care? It's like saying the exact same thing. Oh look he's fucking Canadian eh, go back to your ice rink and snow hurhurhur. Who cares. Oh he's so gay, what a fag, hurhurhur, who cares ! You're going to get stressed over stupid Bullshit. Oh I'm gay and I'm soo offended (crosses arms and pouts)


A lot of gay people have normal voices, I get it, they aren't extremely feminine, I get it, but if you get offended because someone doesn't like gay people..... why do gay people have millions of people backing them up? You create drama, and that's a very gay thing to do
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


neotag wrote:

Then quit watching and stop whining, Or do what most of us do Learn to deal with the anoyances for the sake of continuing to have entertainment

I Love comic books I love marvel For the past 5 years or so marvel has ham stringed in minority character at the expense of there straight white male chars many time in a stupid manor. Example Young Iceman(time travel thing don't worry about it) is gay because a mind reader/manipulator said he was. Now their forever a stain on that book of the possibility Jean gray in a moment of weakness got sick of bobby hitting on her and made him gay. Stupid as hell yes but it's there. Yet I've kept reading why. Because for every one stupid I can find 10 good. Example about 10 years ago now there was a book called "Young Avengers" Love it great story they got there own time to shine with an enemy the adult could not see. Yet by the end of that book everyone but one char is BI or gay. Didn't bug me much why because IT WASN'T THE FOCUS. It helped they were all "new young characters" So being gay or bi became part of them without issue. Wasn't like above with iceman who 40 year old charcter been stright the entire time poof Gay now. No with young avengers It would pop up they'd go "Yea I'm bi *hug*" page over back to the story. It came back up in "out on the town" interludes, but by then you cool with it

Also to your example many of them are not gay. Yuri from Yuri on ice isn't gay PEOPLE WANT him to be gay. Yuri Is straight this was well established early on, but if you pointed that out you got called a homophone and voted down in the comments. I just wrote on "The Royal Tutor ep1"
" This has the potential to be really gay. If that the way it wants to go cool. It would just not be for me. I hope it stays platonic and adversarial I like the interactions as they are so far, And would like to see it continue like that."
I'm not going to lie I expected to be down voted to hell, but I wasn't and that was a nice surprise. I've since looked it up and yea there all straight in that show cool.

I normally wouldn't type any of this out but every once and a while you feel the need to express yourself even if you know it's not going to be a popular opinion. The fact is I deal with it we all do, And your going to need to as well. There always going to be things we don't like. You ether grow a bit of thick skin to stay out there in diverse community; or you bitch, moan, leave, and put yourself in a Bubble, safe space, circle jerk, whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't mind a gay char if it;s done well. What I mind is hamstrung in Gay char and complaining about them not being gay enough or too gay or such. If it turned Out "The Royal Tutor" was a gay fest I would give it it's 3 episode i give all new shows and if it got annoying about the gay I would drop it and move on to the next show. Just Like I do for over sexurlize straight shows "Bikini Warrior" made me just go nope nope nope. Meanwhile "Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia" Was a straight up softcore hentai and I loved it because it had a good story as well.


And here i thought this thread had come to a nice close, right everyone? Sigh.. as soon as you said: Then Quit watching and stop Whining, I stopped caring for your comment, If you had worded it in a better way like previous comments and come of as less agressive i would give it a shot. But im happy to say I will continue watching anime thanks to the previous comments of everyone, despite our differences. Go and read your marvel comments I dont care lol


Then you missed the point of the comment and that's your own fault. Maybe learn to read an entire thought before you judge.


I did read the whole thing, you also said: bitch moan, circle jerk bubble wahtever.. And I mean. You could of said the same thing seeming less like an asshole maybe? Frankly I dont think you saw my point either, i wasnt complaining or "bitching" just getting my opinion across. And thanks to others perspectives and my own I came to a conclusion but then your comment came up being all agressive and stuff, and.. thats your problem.. Look I appreciate your perspective okay? Just dont come across as an asshole next time


You say Asshole. I say grow thicker skin as there is far too little bluntness in this world.


Great lets see how that works out for this world


Well Hopfully better then right now As part of your issue with the treatment of gays in media is because of that lack of bluntness. Media companies so worried there going to offend LGBT don't let character just be gay. They feel like they have to make that the focus or they will be acused of hiding it or minimizeng it's importance. Just a blunt im gay but that's not all I am Characters are harder to come by because of it. Also I'm sorry but maybe anime isn't going to be for you if there repersentaion of gays bugs you that much. Japan Thinks gays are funny they will not stop thinking that for a long time. As much As I love anime Japan is a xenophbic country that doesn't accept outside ideas very well. I accept that for the most part if the USA is in the show it's not going to be a flattering portrayal. Hell this season there a rather bad short anime about rice "love rice" because rice production and use in japan has fallen and the older folks are scared about it as they see the "rice diet" as a founding principle and the very core of being japanese. Silly as all hell but they believe it will get the young people to put down bread and eat more rice.


Well I kinda knew Japan, despite being progressive in other ways, was kind of xenophoic and not very accepting of LGBT in society (except Shibuya), but I kinda pushed it under the rug. Anime is an awesome medium , it tells incredible stories can have amazing characters, beautiful animation and soundtracks, its great. But yeah of couse there comes a point where there is a.. burnout. You start seeing the flaws in it. and thats what happened with me, I have watched Tons for years.. So, your point of view is one of bluntness and toughness and enduring it, which i understand, if you love anime. But maybe for me It is something dear, anime helped me a lot through tough times, and yeah i know this is going into personal stuff... but what was the point of this topic. And this only started happening like 2 days ago. And maybe the issue is more Japan as a whole than anime or the community or comments, Because comments can also hurt, depending on how you are as a person. I guess im more of a sensitive guy in that way.. And I cant help there being people who dont give a fuck or who are kids. So thats all I was just looking to see if people felt something similar to me when watching shows, this wont apply to everyone. As I said, I will conitinue watching anime, maybe not as much as before, but as a medium it will always have a place for me, despite all its flaws.

234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

Humms wrote:

Oh please.

I accept gay people, but I also make fun of them for my own reasons. I even do those gay voices here and there, because it's funny.

Oh but not all gay people have that kind of representation... ya I fucking know that.

People make fun of straight people every day, so why are you soo entitled?

I'm Canadian and I hear the jokes about us, do I care? It's like saying the exact same thing. Oh look he's fucking Canadian eh, go back to your ice rink and snow hurhurhur. Who cares. Oh he's so gay, what a fag, hurhurhur, who cares ! You're going to get stressed over stupid Bullshit. Oh I'm gay and I'm soo offended (crosses arms and pouts)


A lot of gay people have normal voices, I get it, they aren't extremely feminine, I get it, but if you get offended because someone doesn't like gay people..... why do gay people have millions of people backing them up? You create drama, and that's a very gay thing to do


Drama is not a gay thing to do. "Drama" is universal lol, just saying, everyone is dramatic in one way or anohter. And besides, there is no such thing as dramatic everyone says something for a reasonnnn
llunga 
4175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 4/13/17


Watch No.6
You're wrong not every anime is the same and have those stereotypes. I think you need to get over it and yourself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.