First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Homophobia in people might make me quit watching anime
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

llunga wrote:



Watch No.6
You're wrong not every anime is the same and have those stereotypes. I think you need to get over it and yourself.


I'll check it out! I've heard of it before
llunga 
4529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

amifaingold wrote:


llunga wrote:



Watch No.6
You're wrong not every anime is the same and have those stereotypes. I think you need to get over it and yourself.


I'll check it out! I've heard of it before


As I say, usually those characters like in Gurran Laggan are supposed to be comical. Don't let it get to you. Remember that it's not directly making fun of you but simply giving a character life/personality because everyones is different. Check out No.6 they put that together really well and I don't think it really has many comical parts. Glad to see you will check it out
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

llunga wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


llunga wrote:



Watch No.6
You're wrong not every anime is the same and have those stereotypes. I think you need to get over it and yourself.


I'll check it out! I've heard of it before


As I say, usually those characters like in Gurran Laggan are supposed to be comical. Don't let it get to you. Remember that it's not directly making fun of you but simply giving a character life/personality because everyones is different. Check out No.6 they put that together really well and I don't think it really has many comical parts. Glad to see you will check it out
.

Cool. Thanks for the input! No6 , sounds intriguing
1296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

amifaingold wrote:

I did read the whole thing, you also said: bitch moan, circle jerk bubble wahtever.. And I mean. You could of said the same thing seeming less like an asshole maybe? Frankly I dont think you saw my point either, i wasnt complaining or "bitching" just getting my opinion across. And thanks to others perspectives and my own I came to a conclusion but then your comment came up being all agressive and stuff, and.. thats your problem.. Look I appreciate your perspective okay? Just dont come across as an asshole next time


You won't like to hear this, but;

You've made it quite clear that you're sensitive, yet it is a gross mistake to expect everyone to curtail to your sensibilities and handle you with kid gloves. However blunt neotag's comment may be, your response is quite churlish and aggressive in it's own right. If you don't want to escalate what you deem as unpleasant into downright nasty, you need to take a step back and priorities civility over you feeling insulted. In this particular case, you've said several times throughout this thread (in the first page or so, at least) that, despite attempts to assuage your concerns, you were seriously considering abandoning anime. What neotag did was essentially say, "if that's how you feel, do what you want and stop dragging us into it." He echoed the voice in your head that whispered a want to drop the medium. Your will was tested, and your aggressive response demonstrated that you're perfectly capable of stiffening your back against outside influences. Basically, the few who figuratively "put a match under your butt" had an immediate positive effect on you, which is likely the intent behind them in the first place.
66253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17
23 years go out into the world you will find all sorts of gay males. From your stereo types feminine to marine core masculine. Your still very young and your going to learn more as you get older. This is a harsh question do you really want your prostate gland to control your life style. After 50 many gay males stay single and live out there life this way. Having gay orgasm what I understand is better then a normal straight males. There more to life if you tend to be on the fem side dose not mean your gay.
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:


amifaingold wrote:

I did read the whole thing, you also said: bitch moan, circle jerk bubble wahtever.. And I mean. You could of said the same thing seeming less like an asshole maybe? Frankly I dont think you saw my point either, i wasnt complaining or "bitching" just getting my opinion across. And thanks to others perspectives and my own I came to a conclusion but then your comment came up being all agressive and stuff, and.. thats your problem.. Look I appreciate your perspective okay? Just dont come across as an asshole next time


You won't like to hear this, but;

You've made it quite clear that you're sensitive, yet it is a gross mistake to expect everyone to curtail to your sensibilities and handle you with kid gloves. However blunt neotag's comment may be, your response is quite churlish and aggressive in it's own right. If you don't want to escalate what you deem as unpleasant into downright nasty, you need to take a step back and priorities civility over you feeling insulted. In this particular case, you've said several times throughout this thread (in the first page or so, at least) that, despite attempts to assuage your concerns, you were seriously considering abandoning anime. What neotag did was essentially say, "if that's how you feel, do what you want and stop dragging us into it." He echoed the voice in your head that whispered a want to drop the medium. Your will was tested, and your aggressive response demonstrated that you're perfectly capable of stiffening your back against outside influences. Basically, the few who figuratively "put a match under your butt" had an immediate positive effect on you, which is likely the intent behind them in the first place.


Possibly, however I have already said that I will continue watching in the end. He started being aggressive towards me.if you look.back. So now I'm just wondering, how to lock or.delete the topic? Lol since I already got the answers and input I needed
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17

tarakelly wrote:

23 years go out into the world you will find all sorts of gay males. From your stereo types feminine to marine core masculine. Your still very young and your going to learn more as you get older. This is a harsh question do you really want your prostate gland to control your life style. After 50 many gay males stay single and live out there life this way. Having gay orgasm what I understand is better then a normal straight males. There more to life if you tend to be on the fem side dose not mean your gay.


I already know lots of men and im dating someone now.. Ive known all types of guys :p. My prostate gland does not control my life style, thank you very much. And im perfectly happy being gay? wow.. This is not about that.
27193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/15/17
"I didn't get the joke part of it, I don't really find it funny. I'm not enjoying myself as much as I could be if they just made the characters more realistic..."

"OMG STOP BEING SO SENSITIVE, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY. GET THE FUCK OVER IT!"

The guy making criticism is being sensitive or the people leaping out of their seats to defend it? Don't insult muh animu. C'mon people, really? It looks absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, as for your criticism I find it valid. Homosexuality in anime is typically written for comedy or for the female audience. The stereotypes you mention are particularly prominent in yaoi where women seem to designate the 'over masculine' male character (seme) and the 'submissive and feminine' female character (uke). *Insert sparkles and almost rape-like scenes here.*

Basically, if a male in those shows is acting like a 'chick with a dick' you're not far off. I find it annoying, but as you would have guessed it's not written for the gay male audience--they're typically written for the female audience. Their fantasized perception of it is quite clear in those works.

I'd like to see more works that are more legitimately portraying a relationship between two males rather than some Edward Cullens knock off and a chick with a dick.

Having said all this, I don't think it's a reason to give up anime. You have to recognize that homosexuals don't make up a large portion of viewers and so you can expect less work geared towards them. I wouldn't blame it on the community attitude.

7090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17
It's cool, I barely watch anime these days and I think you should stick to anime that you can relate to. It's difficult to relate to the format that anime have these days, especially with the endless slow-framed animations.
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17
thanks everyone. im just wondering how to close the topic? since I got the answers I needed, was looking for opinions and im convinced to go on watching cant give up gintama after all, send a msg to mods or what?
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

KurtIrving wrote:

It's cool, I barely watch anime these days and I think you should stick to anime that you can relate to. It's difficult to relate to the format that anime have these days, especially with the endless slow-framed animations.


Yes manga is way faster too! anime has the music though
7090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17

amifaingold wrote:


KurtIrving wrote:

It's cool, I barely watch anime these days and I think you should stick to anime that you can relate to. It's difficult to relate to the format that anime have these days, especially with the endless slow-framed animations.


Yes manga is way faster too! anime has the music though


If you want a really good anime/manga, then check out Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin and unlike several mecha anime, it doesn't emphasize on any character relationships like some soap opera trash, which ruins political tension that real space operas need.
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17

KurtIrving wrote:


amifaingold wrote:


KurtIrving wrote:

It's cool, I barely watch anime these days and I think you should stick to anime that you can relate to. It's difficult to relate to the format that anime have these days, especially with the endless slow-framed animations.


Yes manga is way faster too! anime has the music though


If you want a really good anime/manga, then check out Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin and unlike several mecha anime, it doesn't emphasize on any character relationships like some soap opera trash, which ruins political tension that real space operas need.


ohh do i have to watch any other gundam series before? i only watched iron blooded orphans S1 which was really good
11754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/17


wow this is really overdramatic and honestly ... kind of toxic

I mean this is just you and your brain trying to point everything as a specifically an issue with gay representation with really faulty logic. First of all, saying "gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" is a joke and is not meant to be taken seriously. In fact the point of the joke is to be ironic, as in "ha look at how dumb homophobic comments are". Simply replying with gay is hilarious, and sure that humor might be childish but offensive? Not in the slightest. You'd have to literally miss the entire point of the joke to think it's homophobic.

Secondly, while it is sad that stereotypes exist for gay characters, the reality is that stereotypes exist for all characters. In fact most anime characters are based on stereotypes, to a fault really. I mean you're looking at it like "Ugh, why do they have to stereotype gay characters so much?" because that's what you find offense in, when really most anime characters are just stereotype after stereotype.

The character in Gurren Lagann is also supposed to be a creepy man, who let me remind you, is old enough to be considered a pedophile. How is that in any way supposed to represent gay people? Because when I think of that character I think of pedophilia comedic relief, not "omg he's so gay".

I just don't get people like you ... like ... how do you get offended so easily? Listen, I'm surprised how bad Crunchyroll's forums can be at times, but the comment section on the videos? Not really that bad. And the anime I've seen weren't really offensive. I think you are being very overdramatic to be honest ... but that's just from my perspective. I have never been offended by a gay character. I think it's more likely you're trying to hard to find something negative, or that you over analyze things.
3133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/13/17 , edited 4/13/17
Deal with your problems. You'll find society doesn't give a fuck about you or anyone else.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.