First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Can Hate speech be allowed?
47289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/16/17
OP I'm still waiting for your counter argument to the whole investors and stuff.


lorreen wrote:



This thread has been reported several times, and while I understand the concern, I think a discussion about hate speech does not break site rules.

However, this thread will be closed if you use it to dispense holocaust-denial or anti-semitic, or other hateful propaganda regarding other groups of people. Your profile pic appears to be part of that sort of propaganda, so I've removed it.


lol I think it's pretty clear that was the purpose of this thread considering how op were arguing to counter points and also how OP started the thread.
36328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 4/16/17
I think hate speech laws are dangerous. In a free society, there is need to be able to engage in genuine dialog about any subject, no matter what opinions are held. Telling people they can't discuss their views--or worse, jailing them for having unacceptable views--does nothing to change minds and hearts or advance social progress. Banning certain things from being said in and of itself has a chilling effect on freedom.

20937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / El paso Tx
Offline
Posted 4/16/17 , edited 4/29/17

lorreen wrote:



This thread has been reported several times, and while I understand the concern, I think a discussion about hate speech does not break site rules.

However, this thread will be closed if you use it to dispense holocaust-denial or anti-semitic, or other hateful propaganda regarding other groups of people. Your profile pic appears to be part of that sort of propaganda, so I've removed it.


So have you by having it up its what proganda? why did you take it down it? This is why i am talking about its complete bs. You cant even see the irony in this.

So being a holocuast means i am hateful....... hmmmm are you serious.
20937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / El paso Tx
Offline
Posted 4/16/17 , edited 4/29/17

trmjkd989 wrote:


PRO USA. FUCK OFF COMMIES. A Nazi who enjoys promoting christian ideas and debating the proof of God. White Pride Worldwide. I hate Jews, Muslims,and atheist!!!!!


Hm... why the hate for Atheism? Curious.



They are anti christian!!! duh
17148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/17
It's more about what words you use and how you say it. And I'll give two examples that I have seen people argue why Puerto Rico shouldn't be a state. Some may perceive it as racist, ignorant, or just flat out cruel, but it's the harsh reality.

"Puerto Rico's economy is in terrible shape and have a high unemployment rate that would only create more problems for the rest of the states". Very straight forward, softly put I think.

Here is what you are describing OP.

"Puerto Rico makes shitty spending decisions and cannot manage their economy"

Much more blunt, and straight to point.

Again, it's all how you say it and word it. Both are true, just one is far more blunt than the other. With that said, whether it's truly hate speech or not is really up to the listener.
47289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/16/17 , edited 4/16/17

onemannation2012 wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

OP I'm still waiting for your counter argument to the whole investors and stuff.


lorreen wrote:



This thread has been reported several times, and while I understand the concern, I think a discussion about hate speech does not break site rules.

However, this thread will be closed if you use it to dispense holocaust-denial or anti-semitic, or other hateful propaganda regarding other groups of people. Your profile pic appears to be part of that sort of propaganda, so I've removed it.


lol I think it's pretty clear that was the purpose of this thread considering how op were arguing to counter points and also how OP started the thread.


I like i said before i hate jews they kill christ fact. facebook google etc are run by jews. FACT Most riches familys in the world jews. FaCT.

just becuase they allow a muslim in doesnt mean the comapny isnt jewish nice try.


You clearly didn't read what I said. Oh and...



If facts are on your side, then provide evidence to your claims. Something that shouldn't be hard as clearly all the facts are on your side... nazi
10849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/16/17 , edited 4/29/17
Iam not a fan of the term "hate speech" i think it is dangerous and brings us one step closer to the end of free speech.
As some of you guys have already mentioned, hate speech is often used even when someone is telling the truth or stating a fact or for simply disagreeing with someone. For having an opinion.
Terms like "hate speech" often push logic and common sense and fact and truth out of an argument or debate/discussion and bring in emoutions and is used as a form of defence and offense. I mean used instead of bringing a coulter argument and used to make the person on the other side of the discussion look bad.

Ok so "hate speech" may be a fair term used in the cases where someone is just straight up racist or anti gay or a women hater, man hater, calling for the death of a certian religion or race or etc. But not when someone is simply stating an opinion or telling the truth.

To me there are major inconsistencies with "hate speech" as with everything in this PC lefty times that we are living in. For example, it's yet another case of the whole "only if you're white" scenario.
Like all around the world you have people now getting in trouble for saying anything against Islam, even if it's just their opinion or if its something about history, facts, statistics, etc basically anyone who dose not want their country to end up like others and become Islamicized. It gets labled as "hate speech" and you now have people in Australia, the UK, Canada, Germany, Sweden, etc getting criminally charged...
It's very worrying, how is saying something on Facebook or you tube a criminal offence? And yet Muslim extremists are welcome to do far worse, openly tell us that we will one day all live under Sharia law whether we like it or not or call for the death of apostates and yet i dont recal that ever being labled as "hate speech" even though that should be the lead example of what hate speech actually is.
Even here in Australia, just recenty a woman was charged and fined for making racist remarks about an Aboriginal football player.
Was what she did inappropriate and wrong? yes. Should people like that be banned from the football or facebook pages?, yes. But a crininal offense? NO!
Ok i've gone a little of topic, being straight up racist like she was i think is "hate speech" but i still believe in free speech and if you cant say what you want on social media then i feel free speech is coming to an end.
And you cant let non whites say what they like then lable whites as using "hate speech".
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/16/17 , edited 4/17/17

onemannation2012 wrote:

I like i said before i hate jews they kill christ fact. facebook google etc are run by jews. FACT Most riches familys in the world jews. FaCT.

just becuase they allow a muslim in doesnt mean the comapny isnt jewish nice try.


Listen. If you want people to take you seriously, then you got to stop the "troll talk." It's obvious you are trying to elicit a real strong reaction with some of the stuff you said.

Also, I'll have you know that it was God's plan, and Jesus knew this, that he was to be sacrificed on the cross, to pay for our sins. Jews killed him? Not only the Jews of antiquity, but you killed him. Your next door neighbor killed him. We all did, because we have all sinned. His death on the cross was to pay for our sins, so that we can go to heaven when we die.

If Jesus CHOSE not to die, we would all be condemned to hell - without fail. The Jews, too. All of humanity.

A real Christian remembers Jesus' teaching that you should love thy neighbor. Not hate they neighbor. A real Christian would remember to follow Jesus' example, to forgive those that persecute you.

Your statements, and your ideology shows patently un-Christian behavior. You are NOT following Jesus' example. And the greatest irony of all, you claim to hate all Jews, forgetting that Jesus was a Jew....


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Lorreen is doing her job. There were many times she allowed Holocaust denial threads, especially one by DanteVtzTheWorld, and the conspiracy theories by LalaSatalin. The same rights that protect free speech in public spaces also protects what people can do within things they own, such as their own house, or forums.

There is a common ode among moderators from what I have seen, where they simply cannot debate or voice opinions, other then sporadic reaffirmation of the rules.

You yourself has called it hate speech, something that is banned on the forums.

So what is the deal here? I would see if it results in a sort of hypocritical reinforcement of the rules, but Lorreen is probably the most lax moderator here.


I wasn't criticizing loreen, I was using loreen as a perfect example of how the concept of Hate Speech is used to shut all speech that is perceived as being "wrong."

Look at the news, and see how conservatives, and even libertarians are shut down by leftist, because leftists believe that such speech should be banned. They twist words out of context, mischaracterize an individual's statements as racist, or hate speech, because it runs counter to their ideology.

loreen is not the problem. She is the symptom. And when I say "she is the symptom," I don't really mean loreen, individually. I mean all of the loreens across the United States, and around the world.

I realize, loreen has to keep an open eye for trolls who are only interested in sparking flame wars, and that sort of thing, but somehow, her job has morphed into being a speech censor.

20937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / El paso Tx
Offline
Posted 4/18/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


onemannation2012 wrote:

I like i said before i hate jews they kill christ fact. facebook google etc are run by jews. FACT Most riches familys in the world jews. FaCT.

just becuase they allow a muslim in doesnt mean the comapny isnt jewish nice try.


Listen. If you want people to take you seriously, then you got to stop the "troll talk." It's obvious you are trying to elicit a real strong reaction with some of the stuff you said.

Also, I'll have you know that it was God's plan, and Jesus knew this, that he was to be sacrificed on the cross, to pay for our sins. Jews killed him? Not only the Jews of antiquity, but you killed him. Your next door neighbor killed him. We all did, because we have all sinned. His death on the cross was to pay for our sins, so that we can go to heaven when we die.

If Jesus CHOSE not to die, we would all be condemned to hell - without fail. The Jews, too. All of humanity.

A real Christian remembers Jesus' teaching that you should love thy neighbor. Not hate they neighbor. A real Christian would remember to follow Jesus' example, to forgive those that persecute you.

Your statements, and your ideology shows patently un-Christian behavior. You are NOT following Jesus' example. And the greatest irony of all, you claim to hate all Jews, forgetting that Jesus was a Jew....


Christ wasnt a jew, if he was why did the jew killed him? God said he love Jacob and HATED estate.

What do i mean when i say hate i mean i hate their ideological. and i am not perfect so i will fall short that why i pray and ask forgiveness.

And since no one here really cares about morals and values i dont care if the troll talk doesnt work. But my troll talk takes years and a open minded view.

Jesus for our sins yes, but that doesnt mean we actually kill him, JEW DID!!! stop straw man talk.

end note. if you cant handle the truth then your coward if you hide the truth like the rich does, we shall try you for treason.
.



39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/18/17

onemannation2012 wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


onemannation2012 wrote:

I like i said before i hate jews they kill christ fact. facebook google etc are run by jews. FACT Most riches familys in the world jews. FaCT.

just becuase they allow a muslim in doesnt mean the comapny isnt jewish nice try.


Listen. If you want people to take you seriously, then you got to stop the "troll talk." It's obvious you are trying to elicit a real strong reaction with some of the stuff you said.

Also, I'll have you know that it was God's plan, and Jesus knew this, that he was to be sacrificed on the cross, to pay for our sins. Jews killed him? Not only the Jews of antiquity, but you killed him. Your next door neighbor killed him. We all did, because we have all sinned. His death on the cross was to pay for our sins, so that we can go to heaven when we die.

If Jesus CHOSE not to die, we would all be condemned to hell - without fail. The Jews, too. All of humanity.

A real Christian remembers Jesus' teaching that you should love thy neighbor. Not hate they neighbor. A real Christian would remember to follow Jesus' example, to forgive those that persecute you.

Your statements, and your ideology shows patently un-Christian behavior. You are NOT following Jesus' example. And the greatest irony of all, you claim to hate all Jews, forgetting that Jesus was a Jew....



Christ wasnt a jew, if he was why did the jew killed him? God said he love Jacob and HATED estate.

What do i mean when i say hate i mean i hate their ideological. and i am not perfect so i will fall short that why i pray and ask forgiveness.

And since no one here really cares about morals and values i dont care if the troll talk doesnt work. But my troll talk takes years and a open minded view.

Jesus for our sins yes, but that doesnt mean we actually kill him, JEW DID!!! stop straw man talk.

end note. if you cant handle the truth then your coward if you hide the truth like the rich does, we shall try you for treason.


Jesus was born of Jewish parents, in a Jewish town and was raised Jewish. He was Jewish.

So, if a mob of Germans kill a German they didn't like, that means the guy they didn't like wasn't German, even though he was born, raised, and lived all of his life in Germany?

God did not hate "estate"(who is estate? Did you mean Esau?) God chose Jacob and his lineage. Jacob and his lineage ARE THE JEWS. The Israelis are the decedents of Jacob, otherwise known as the Jews. Why do you hate God's chosen people? You're getting on God's bad side.

Instead of saying, "I hate Jews," say, "I disagree with their ideology, and I have a problem with their agenda." Then tell us what is it about their ideology and agenda that you disagree with. If you do that, you will get more people to listen to you and to take you seriously.


That's why no one will listen to you now. No one is going to listen to you for years. Years from now, no one will even remember what you said.
20937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / El paso Tx
Offline
Posted 4/18/17 , edited 4/29/17


Jesus for our sins yes, but that doesnt mean we actually kill him, JEW DID!!! stop straw man talk.

end note. if you cant handle the truth then your coward if you hide the truth like the rich does, we shall try you for treason.

Jesus was born of Jewish parents, in a Jewish town and was raised Jewish. He was Jewish.

So, if a mob of Germans kill a German they didn't like, that means the guy they didn't like wasn't German, even though he was born, raised, and lived all of his life in Germany?

God did not hate "estate"(who is estate? Did you mean Esau?) God chose Jacob and his lineage. Jacob and his lineage ARE THE JEWS. The Israelis are the decedents of Jacob, otherwise known as the Jews. Why do you hate God's chosen people? You're getting on God's bad side.

Instead of saying, "I hate Jews," say, "I disagree with their ideology, and I have a problem with their agenda." Then tell us what is it about their ideology and agenda that you disagree with. If you do that, you will get more people to listen to you and to take you seriously.


That's why no one will listen to you now. No one is going to listen to you for years. Years from now, no one will even remember what you said.

i dont have time for this even if he was Jew, that would make me a follower of Christ which i would be christian. And no Jacob wasnt jewish do even read the word. the modern word for jew didn't come along unitl 17 century. So i dont care if christ was a fog that could speak he still our lord. JEW DONT Follow HIM THEY kill him. No i hate them dislike is like a common cold i dislike it but i can live with it.

And i realize that you that i was begging the question about the him with the jews. BUT Christ ran the jew off the temple. he also said they dont follow God.

And again this is a anime forum you can dislike me all you want but you know i speak facts and truth and logic. Who cares who listen if you speak the truth no one will like you.

To be a jew is to reject christ.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/17 , edited 4/18/17
If you want to stop people making accusations which you believe to be wrong follow this advice.

A: Discuss the issue with others and think about it rationally or logically if you can.

B: When you have formulated a position write it down as a logical argument. Then share it without aiming at the people you believe to be making the argument. .

If someone comes across your opinions it may stop them from making their first argument or statement on the topic.

"Position" here means: An opinion which has been solidified and addresses the argument and why it is flawed. It also should be explained with examples as to why the argument is not sound. There are two other ways to approach the problem.

A: Combat this problem is through teaching.

B: Plan cultural changes.

The above two sentences are really hard to do. Only attempt these if you are confident you understand how and why to accomplish them.

39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/18/17
Sigh....

*stands from the desk and stretches to loosen his back muscles.*

*walks out the door, and leaves the conversation behind.*
1068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / NC, USA
Offline
Posted 4/18/17
The one true God is Horus
17710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 4/18/17
Hate speech is legal in the states, and I can legally ridicule people who freely practice their right express hate.

Hates speech is legal, discrimination is not. You're confusing the two and it makes it seem like you are arguing for discrimination, which is dumb.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.