First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Real Martial Artist vs Pro Football Player! Who would win?
54821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17
Professional Football player would make excellent Target Practice for Martial Artist, Why? Because Football players have high Stamina and allow Martial Artist to complete a combo attack on him!

I vote for Martial Artist to Win. Because they know the pressure point of the Human body (where to hit them at). While Professional Football player just bump them or thinking that lifting all that weight is sufficent to take on any Street Fighters, They're sorely mistaken.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yQhSV6Qz3U

Can you imagine Kung Fu Guy taking on 15 Professional Football player? :p
19794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17
As someone that has played both sports, I'd vote the martial artist. Although size would come into play if there is a big enough difference in reach.
17148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17 , edited 4/17/17
You mean like the Tight End Football players who are around 6'3-6'4 and weigh 240ibs? I don't think so bud lol.

Unless that martial artist is well trained in BJJ, boxing, and or some UFC fight experience. He is gonna get the shit kicked out of him. This is coming from someone who does martial arts.
54821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17 , edited 4/17/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0RP72sie10

Guess what coming back?! Yep New Baki the Grappler 2017. Check out the url up above


It'll be call
New Grappler Baki: In Search of Our Strongest Hero
48322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17 , edited 4/17/17

descloud wrote:

You mean like the Tight End Football players who are around 6'3-6'4 and weigh 240ibs? I don't think so bud lol.

Unless that martial artist is well trained in BJJ, boxing, and or some UFC fight experience. He is gonna get the shit kicked out of him. This is coming from someone who does martial arts.


Pretty much this exactly. I started boxing when I was 6 and have tried many different forms of martials arts and I can assure you there is no replacement for pure size. If they were equally sized/built the martial artist might win, but if you think you can take out a rocked up 6'5 250lb nfl linebacker just because you are a black belt in TKD then I hope you have good health insurance.
19802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/17/17
Hurrah for another one of those skill versus physicality debates. And I mean that literally , I find the subject fascinating. As someone who is both fairly large ( 95 kgs at 190 cms ) and active practitioner of marital arts I am personally inclined to vote for the martial artist to win in a fight against an untrained American Football player ( seriously you yanks name the sport something else, Football was already taken as a name long before you lot decided to water down Rugby.)

This is because despite the odds being stacked against a smaller opponent versus a larger opponent skill and speed are far more useful assets to a fighter then raw strength. Big guys are slow, they will always be slower then smaller guys that's just both basic physics and biology. While that is not necessarily a major handicap and can be worked around or even taken advantage of coupling it with a utter lack of skill such as American Football play would have would mean a likely victory for the martial artist.

Of course this is just me assuming the martial artist is smaller in stature then the American Football player . Still skill is King, always has been and always will be.
3678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Near a peach tree.
Offline
Posted 4/17/17
Martial artist, why? because the sizes and ages vary, not to mention they're faster in combat. Football or rugby players have the advantage over endurance and travel speed if properly trained. Any athlete can be more pain-resistant by practicing yoga. With a mouthpiece, anyone can hold out in a street fight where anything goes.
7050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17 , edited 4/19/17
Neither.

The ninja would pop out of the shadows and kill'em both before vanishing.
3678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Near a peach tree.
Offline
Posted 4/17/17 , edited 4/17/17
I believe that a football player as well as a ruby player with effort can be about as strong as The Russian, who is way stronger than Frank Castle and is capable of sustaining great pain.
54821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17
When I think about Football player that been playing over 5 years or over, Bad knee come to mind.
54821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17

dark5pire wrote:

Neither.

The ninja would pop out of the shadows and kill'em both before vanishing.


Juza the Cloud can take out Ninja easily! :D

10684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 4/17/17 , edited 4/17/17
Well, we could always look at the actual outcome of similar match-ups:

250lb bodybuilder vs 150 lb black belt. Full contact. Actual fight starts at about 1:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeNFcZE9s4

Bodybuider vs ju-jitsu, medium/light contact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6QGNPi3vs8

Lest you think BJJ makes you invincible, here is a video of a Strongman champion one-punch KO on a Gracie:
https://youtu.be/UYfhMf4ULas
3678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Near a peach tree.
Offline
Posted 4/17/17

Juza the Cloud can take out Ninja easily! :D


So can a realistic superhuman like The Russian. Big, strong, durable and knocked out Nick Fury with a forearm to the face (could even kill him instantly with a tackle). Now imagine someone that strong.
17148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/17 , edited 4/17/17

rawratl wrote:


descloud wrote:

You mean like the Tight End Football players who are around 6'3-6'4 and weigh 240ibs? I don't think so bud lol.

Unless that martial artist is well trained in BJJ, boxing, and or some UFC fight experience. He is gonna get the shit kicked out of him. This is coming from someone who does martial arts.


Pretty much this exactly. I started boxing when I was 6 and have tried many different forms of martials arts and I can assure you there is no replacement for pure size. If they were equally sized/built the martial artist might win, but if you think you can take out a rocked up 6'5 250lb nfl linebacker just because you are a black belt in TKD then I hope you have good health insurance.


This can't be emphasized enough lol.
22925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 4/17/17
Well, martial artist dictates that you are quite good at it.

If we are talking soldiers like SEALs, they take it.

Then there are those who can do a handstand on one finger.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.