Post Reply So apparently anime automatically makes me a weeaboo?
179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F
Offline
Posted 4/18/17
You know what makes me angry? People automatically assuming that I'm a weeaboo, just because I like anime and manga. Don't get me wrong, I'm more fascinated with Japanese culture than your average person, but I am far from being labeled as a weeaboo. There's a lot of kids at school who make fun of me for liking anime and manga, and when I try to explain to them how I'm not a weeb,, they just go "But a weeb would defend themselves!!"
I've tried to let it not get to me, but it's kind of a constant now. Anyone mind helping me?
4377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 4/19/17

Tsuki-Ikarusu wrote:

You know what makes me angry? People automatically assuming that I'm a weeaboo, just because I like anime and manga. Don't get me wrong, I'm more fascinated with Japanese culture than your average person, but I am far from being labeled as a weeaboo. There's a lot of kids at school who make fun of me for liking anime and manga, and when I try to explain to them how I'm not a weeb,, they just go "But a weeb would defend themselves!!"
I've tried to let it not get to me, but it's kind of a constant now. Anyone mind helping me?


It happens. I'm not pleased with it but people do it to me all the time. If I use any sort of Japanese for a nickname instantly labelled that. If I use a katana in a game instantly labelled that. If I like anime instantly labelled that.

Its quite annoying.

I mostly just try to ignore it as I know people don't seem to want to let go of this name.

Hope that helps.

179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F
Offline
Posted 4/19/17 , edited 4/19/17
I suppose I'll try to ignore anything like that tomorrow, and see how it plays out.
Responding most likely isn't the best option.

also oops i forgot to quote
6558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada Ontario
Offline
Posted 4/19/17 , edited 4/19/17

Tsuki-Ikarusu wrote:

You know what makes me angry? People automatically assuming that I'm a weeaboo, just because I like anime and manga. Don't get me wrong, I'm more fascinated with Japanese culture than your average person, but I am far from being labeled as a weeaboo. There's a lot of kids at school who make fun of me for liking anime and manga, and when I try to explain to them how I'm not a weeb,, they just go "But a weeb would defend themselves!!"
I've tried to let it not get to me, but it's kind of a constant now. Anyone mind helping me?


A weeaboo is anime/manga lover who acts like they are Japanese and usually do a butcher job of it

An otaku is an anime/manga/video game lover

You sound like an otaku to me.
Also if someone insults you the best way to deal with it is to do this

A: You are a nerd
B: Yup Im a nerd
A: Wow you even admited it
B: Yup got a problem with that just check out how super nerdy I am

A now has no way to insult B XD if you say it slightly sarcastic and really over exagerate it works best.

A: You are such a loser
B: Im a huge loser I bet you are jealous of how much of a loser I am like look at these awesome loser powers
A: So you are a loser
B: Wow are my loser powers so amazing they made you forget we just went over this...

The other option turn it around on them and troll them

A: Wow you are defo gay
B: Okay Im flattered you are into me but Id rather you not fantasize about us being gay togeather.
A: Im not wow you are gay
B: You keep saying gay a lot is this your way of coming out of the closet

when a bully cant phase you they get bored and move on. Dont ignore a bully ever always troll a bully. If you just ignore they will consider you defenseless. Trolling is the bullies biggest weakness. They wont bully someone who makes them look stupid.
2027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/17

LunaTakimoto wrote:


Tsuki-Ikarusu wrote:

You know what makes me angry? People automatically assuming that I'm a weeaboo, just because I like anime and manga. Don't get me wrong, I'm more fascinated with Japanese culture than your average person, but I am far from being labeled as a weeaboo. There's a lot of kids at school who make fun of me for liking anime and manga, and when I try to explain to them how I'm not a weeb,, they just go "But a weeb would defend themselves!!"
I've tried to let it not get to me, but it's kind of a constant now. Anyone mind helping me?


It happens. I'm not pleased with it but people do it to me all the time. If I use any sort of Japanese for a nickname instantly labelled that. If I use a katana in a game instantly labelled that. If I like anime instantly labelled that.

Its quite annoying.

I mostly just try to ignore it as I know people don't seem to want to let go of this name.

Hope that helps.



If you use a katana in a game?! Thats ridiculous, but I do agree with anything having to do Japanese language.
2027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/17

Thats a very perfect scenario with a dumb bully. Don't stereotype bullies, they're not all dumb!
11723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/17

Tsuki-Ikarusu wrote:

You know what makes me angry? People automatically assuming that I'm a weeaboo, just because I like anime and manga. Don't get me wrong, I'm more fascinated with Japanese culture than your average person, but I am far from being labeled as a weeaboo. There's a lot of kids at school who make fun of me for liking anime and manga, and when I try to explain to them how I'm not a weeb,, they just go "But a weeb would defend themselves!!"
I've tried to let it not get to me, but it's kind of a constant now. Anyone mind helping me?


I agree. Traps ARE pretty cute!
6558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada Ontario
Offline
Posted 4/19/17 , edited 4/19/17
All bullies are dumb thats why they are bullies
7357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
π / Train / Railyard
Offline
Posted 4/19/17

Tsuki-Ikarusu wrote:

You know what makes me angry? People automatically assuming that I'm a weeaboo, just because I like anime and manga. Don't get me wrong, I'm more fascinated with Japanese culture than your average person, but I am far from being labeled as a weeaboo. There's a lot of kids at school who make fun of me for liking anime and manga, and when I try to explain to them how I'm not a weeb,, they just go "But a weeb would defend themselves!!"
I've tried to let it not get to me, but it's kind of a constant now. Anyone mind helping me?


Not caring about them and their opinion will help, but that won't be easy to do in school, I imagine. Do you have any friends who share your hobbies? It's easier to ignore the idiots when you have someone to talk to.
6558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada Ontario
Offline
Posted 4/19/17
I got bullied until I embrased what I was getting bullied for and many bullies have tried since and many bullies have failed. Anything a bully says is so stupid so getting upset over the fact they are dumb XD nope bullies are hilariously fun to toy with XD
73 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / US
Offline
Posted 4/19/17
fuckin weeb
484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/17 , edited 4/19/17
I think its become a thing to categorize people who´re into the anime/manga culture as weebs. I dont think the people who do that are super serious about it though.

I think you should be able to enjoy the things you enjoy even if othes dont. Keep fighting the good fight, Tsuki

2027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/17

MrEnder1337 wrote:

I got bullied until I embrased what I was getting bullied for and many bullies have tried since and many bullies have failed. Anything a bully says is so stupid so getting upset over the fact they are dumb XD nope bullies are hilariously fun to toy with XD


I agree with that actually. I just remembered some of my past memories, and didn't really realize the kid was a bully until now. I fuck with him now, and it feels good.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 4/19/17 , edited 4/19/17
Just ignore them.
People say I love hentai just because I watch anime. They call me a weeaboo just because I watch anime.
However, there is no reason to listen to them. Just fucking ignore them.
There is nothing wrong with watching anime.

Or you could just punch them in the face. That works as well. Usually, I threaten people. Might not be the best way to solve it, but it works.
14259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/19/17
Just start being overly sarcastic then they will just give up because whatever they say will make them sound stupid. Give a troll a troll reply.

Hey I heard you are a weeb?
Yep you heard right I love anime, Cory in the house is my favorite.

Even among anime fans the word weeb is thrown around quite a bit, you really shouldn't call anyone that tbh it isn't very nice but you should always just take it as a joke.
You must be logged in to post.