First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Terror attack in Fresno
19455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/22/17
I have read the Bible, and was disappointed that 1,200 pages wasn't enough for 1st in the 4th grade bookit challenge, but it's what made me question my faith and leave it. With reading the bible a couple times now and having only seen a few bits of the Quran I can say they're similarities between them. Quran even has Jesus as a prophet just not the son of God, I don't think the Torah recognizes Jesus and that's where the Ten commandments come form, but all 3 have Moses as a Prophet. Didn't the 4th crusade end with the crusaders sacking a Christian city to pay their debts?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
10687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/22/17

b17bomber wrote:




its not islam you're after. its Arabs. and theres a reason i wont hate arabs, because unlike you, i know many of them. my cousin was raped by a christian. should i hate Christianity? from what i'm seeing from you it doesnt matter if they did it in the name of islam or if they did it because they are just a bad egg, so i should have that feeling with Christians. my cousin was raped by a guy who happened to be christian so all Christians are rapists


Why do you say Arabs? Asians and Africans are Muslim also. How do you know that i dont know any Muslims?
You're making assumptions. All races and religions have rapists. But Muslims are often raised to believe that a female who is a non believer or dresses skimpy deserves to be raped and is asking for it.
And then there is "Taharrush"
And to be completely honest, if a Muslim raped my sister or something like that, i probably would hate them all. It's pretty much human nature.
Girls have been raped by them here in Australia and the response is "she deserved it because she's Australian" But we of course do not have the problem on the scale that Sweden and Germany now do thanks to all the Arab and African Muslim arrivals.
It's not a race thing. It's often a belief system or culture or up bringing or lack of education.
But there are of course just random rapists that are simply bad people. Evil people, desperate people, etc.
35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/23/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:
All races and religions have rapists. But Muslims are often raised to believe that a female who is a non believer or dresses skimpy deserves to be raped and is asking for it.


No race or religion has a monopoly on that one. Its practically a go to legal defense in some places in the west and it will continue to be because it works. Because people are terrible.

35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/23/17

blindavid wrote:

I have read the Bible, and was disappointed that 1,200 pages wasn't enough for 1st in the 4th grade bookit challenge, but it's what made me question my faith and leave it. With reading the bible a couple times now and having only seen a few bits of the Quran I can say they're similarities between them. Quran even has Jesus as a prophet just not the son of God, I don't think the Torah recognizes Jesus and that's where the Ten commandments come form, but all 3 have Moses as a Prophet. Didn't the 4th crusade end with the crusaders sacking a Christian city to pay their debts?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Missed this one, but yeah.

The Arbahamic religions are basically in chronological order. Judaism > Christianity > Islam. Islam incorporates Christianity as Christianity incorporates Judaism. The narrative of Jesus in the Quran and Muslim teachings is relatively the same as it is in Christianity: Virgin birth, healed the sick, performed miracles, spread the word of God, etc. The biggest major difference is, as you noted, Islam does not view Jesus as the son God / a divine being ( and honestly, the ascension of Jesus as a divinity came later on in Christianity ). He is viewed as a prophet of God and one in a line of prophets.

Other than that, yes, it's effectively the same. Many of the key Biblical stories are also in Islam and the Quran. The Garden of Eden, Noah and the flood, Cain and Able, Moses, etc. It's all in Islam as well. The "lineage" of the Quran ( From Adam to Jesus ) is the same as the Bible. Islam is the historical sequel to Christianity as Christianity was the historical sequel to Judaism.

Which is one of the reasons why all this "Nu uh, Christianity is teh best, Islam is ebil" shit is so absurd. They are far more similar than different and incorporate the same sources.
10687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/23/17

runec wrote:


No race or religion has a monopoly on that one. Its practically a go to legal defense in some places in the west and it will continue to be because it works. Because people are terrible.



I disagree that that defence works.
35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/23/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:
I disagree that that defence works.


Do you really need a list of high profile sexual assault / rape cases where victim blaming was an integral part of the defense? There was another one even just last week that had some choice quotes:


"We've all been lied to. There's always a reason behind the lie," attorney Steve Farese said during closing arguments. "People can be really good at lying. Women can be especially good at it, because they are the weaker sex."

"They [prosecutors] didn't want you to see the top, because it was a halter top. It was a sexy top. It was an contraption. She knew where she was going. She knew what she was doing," Farese said.


http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rape-case-lawyer-s-comments-about-women-lying-weaker-sex-n749596
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.