First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Anyone else think a short but happy life is just a waste?
31309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:



In human terms 80 is not young as I said but in the terms of the world around us humans die really early before we can do everything we want to.

Heck I'm not even sure a society of humans that only lives for 80 years each could survive space travel and other advancements in the future but that's s different topic

Though you say life will get tougher for me well if life is going to get tougher then being right on the edge of death and suffering pain most people I have met can't imagine then I can only say ....this will make for one interesting ride hahaha


Pointless though to even think about humans living longer because we cant.

Hey it aint all bad mate. I mean you haven't even really begun life yet as far as being an adult and being out in the real world and being old enough to do alot of things (if you're American that is). But life gets tougher as far as life being full or responsibilities and costs/expenses and ageing. You feel less energetic unless you really work to be very fit and healthy. Life costs alot.
The longer you live the more you will experience mistrust and betrayal and heat ache, people you know dying, health problems, stress, finacial problems, responsibility, etc.
Hobbies becoming less fun or you out gorw them or a told that you should, have less time for them, etc.
But i mean your life style and tastes will change as well.





We can live longer though given the time and technological advancements it's just at the moment we can't.

I already have no energy and have to pay for food and expenses.
I know heart ache that lead me to suicide and betrayal better then most people i know who are in their 60's... so i say bring it on with that.

I think we can advance but those problems are real but i feel everything has a solution.
31309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

Cenric wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Well the holiday i was on was mostly for the fact of visiting the city i plan to move to so i can study and get my diploma...i needed to learn the layout of the city and how to get around it etc.

I counted it as a holiday but i didn't go just to have fun also the point being nothing matters unless you can live 400 years so i would rather just spend most of my time playing games and watching anime then doing something "constructive" since the "Constructive" part is just as much of a waste.

Though i try my best to mix some optomism in an force myself to study and work towards my goal even though i think it's pointless and i'm wasting my time which would be better spent doing something that requires no effort and produces nothing.

Heck as much as i want to live to 400 i can't even just study 24/7 i wish i could but my mental health would quickly take a giant hit and i would become unable to work at all

No matter how dedicated you are to something or want something free time to lay back is a necessity for a healthy mind.


Why would your time be better spent doing something that requires no effort? To me it seems you earlier implied that you don't care about happiness or about being in pain? Still you want to do things that require no effort (effort = pain). If you really don't care about being in pain and being unhappy and you really believe it's possible to live 400 years, why not study instead? What difference does it make? At least with studying you have a chance of getting to your goal while the stuff that produces nothing seems to be just meaningless to you.

Anyway, you really answered why people opt to "enjoy the time they have" with this post. As you seem to acknowledge that you're not a Superman(therefore incapable of studying 24/7), is it so hard to understand why people would acknowledge that they're just human and probably can't live that long?

The last line I emphasized is you telling me, that you want a type of happiness(ie. a healthy mind). You're not as different from other people as you might want to be. Just using different words for the same thing really. You do care about your own well-being because if you didn't, you wouldn't take free time or care about the state of your mental health.

Just read what you wrote and think about what you really feel. Would it not be better to work towards that goal of yours while accepting that it's possible you may not succeed, still taking care of yourself(because you do care) and having a balance of being obsessed with that long term fact and what you're doing every day?

Think about this: is it really true that having a happy short life is worse than having an unhappy short life? If it ends up that you can't live for 400 years would it still not be better to spend that 100 years or so happily?

Okay, I'm rambling here a bit but really think for a moment and I'll be off.




Hard to explain but in the easiest terms because effort is difficult and i don't want to expend energy without a lasting reward.
I do study because part of me believes there is hope but a huge part of me also believe it's hopeless....the best way to think of it is like a civil war but psychological.

In my head i have various ideals and beliefs that counteract eachother all existing at once each side is trying to win leading to a very convulsive sense of logic and emotional display.

I do care about my health and well being but i also at the same time don't ...it's hard to put in words that can describe what i mean i'm not even sure if we have a word in the english language to describe such an anomaly.

If i can't live 400 years i would rather spend that 100 years unhappy but trying to defeat the odds however a large part of me also would just say fuck it and give up.

I'm...unique according to people who know me well i get told alot my emotions and beliefs and actions and everything i do contradict eachother and i'm hard to understand that is due to a logical error in which i mentioned earlier.

Around the age of 15 i started to show symptoms of well not split personality because i only have one personality however a split system of beliefs and emotions and feelings would be a viable description.

I cannot really comment on that because not even my Psychologists understand it and why i switch like i do.


That's another story but i hope that explains to some extent why my logic is so hard to understand infact i find it hard to proccess my own logic myself i have well i'm assuming it's either some for of mental illness or something as it only started up after a very Traumatic event in my teenage years.


Which is why my beliefs on life and what is a waste and what is not seem so convulted they follow a system however it's very tangled and messy.
29205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
Depends on your definition of "shitty".

47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
no it's not a waste

i would def not want to live a long crappy life. like why. i already wanna die now lol
1073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sumwhere
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
How is a short but happy life sad?, Isn't it the other way round?. A long shitty life is what's sad, depending on how shitty that life is you may not even live that long if you end up being suicidal because of it.
jl6
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
your view on life is really neg. i can't handle being around negative people i just avoid em.
Ejanss 
17107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

jl6 wrote:

your view on life is really neg. i can't handle being around negative people i just avoid em.


Didn't Ryu already mention what particular psychiatrics he was going through in another thread, or did some other poster at some point just finally snap and say "ENOUGH with the suicide-rationalization threads, Sylvia Plath, you're not Qualeshia!"

I distinctly remember one of the two happening a while ago, but can't recall which or the thread.
194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Britainistan
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
short but joyous life all the way boys.
i have seen people who have spent their lives doing nothing and regretting it. nothing but struggle.
i have seen a good friend of mine die young in a car accident. dude was gonna go places/ was such a fun guy to be around / life of the party / all chicks wanted him. good grades / good looking. wanted to be a engineer.
every time me and the boys get together eventually someone brings him up and wonders what he would be doing today. he will be remembered for the rest of our and his families / friends lives as a fun dude who was going to make life his bitch.
in the end he will be forgotten but so are we all. i would rather die young and live a epic life and die of old age accomplishing nothing.
27111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Online
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

ImDivinity wrote:

short but joyous life all the way boys.
i have seen people who have spent their lives doing nothing and regretting it. nothing but struggle.
i have seen a good friend of mine die young in a car accident. dude was gonna go places/ was such a fun guy to be around / life of the party / all chicks wanted him. good grades / good looking. wanted to be a engineer.
every time me and the boys get together eventually someone brings him up and wonders what he would be doing today. he will be remembered for the rest of our and his families / friends lives as a fun dude who was going to make life his bitch.
in the end he will be forgotten but so are we all. i would rather die young and live a epic life and die of old age accomplishing nothing.


Your avatar....is beautiful! Satanichia MacDowell Kurumizawa all the way!
194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Britainistan
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


ImDivinity wrote:

short but joyous life all the way boys.
i have seen people who have spent their lives doing nothing and regretting it. nothing but struggle.
i have seen a good friend of mine die young in a car accident. dude was gonna go places/ was such a fun guy to be around / life of the party / all chicks wanted him. good grades / good looking. wanted to be a engineer.
every time me and the boys get together eventually someone brings him up and wonders what he would be doing today. he will be remembered for the rest of our and his families / friends lives as a fun dude who was going to make life his bitch.
in the end he will be forgotten but so are we all. i would rather die young and live a epic life and die of old age accomplishing nothing.


Your avatar....is beautiful! Satanichia MacDowell Kurumizawa all the way!


Right back at ya bud !
26738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
A happy life is never short-lived - Quote by myself
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/24/17 , edited 4/24/17
"What's the point in being happy if your going to just die early within 60-80 years."

why would anyone want to live that long? I thought you meant short as in 10-20 years old or something. 60-80 is more than enough for me, I wish I could have 60 years of happiness...I even would be happy with just 1 year of pure happiness!

As long as you're happy, it is worthy. It is meaningless to me to live a sad and long life...I would kill myself.
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17
It really depends. I'd like to see everyone living a happy life in general... But dwelling on when a life is going to end is kind of awful to do if it's to be done on a daily basis lol.
15444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/17 , edited 4/27/17
true of the matter what s a good life?
thats real question
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.