First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply The Legend of Carrot Man!
runec 
36323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/26/17

Rujikin wrote:
So. Someone you assume is part of the alt-right posts a video of carrot man. Therefore by guilt of association carrot man is an alt-righter. Long as were using this logic I know some people who practice witch craft can we go Salem on them?


Sigh. Seriously? Just admit you found this among your usual circles and thought it was funny because it was Stigginit' to the Other Side(tm) so you came to inexplicably share it with us under the guise of "humour".
40250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 4/26/17
21969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 4/26/17

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
So. Someone you assume is part of the alt-right posts a video of carrot man. Therefore by guilt of association carrot man is an alt-righter. Long as were using this logic I know some people who practice witch craft can we go Salem on them?


Sigh. Seriously? Just admit you found this among your usual circles and thought it was funny because it was Stigginit' to the Other Side(tm) so you came to inexplicably share it with us under the guise of "humour".


I found it funny and ballsy that this guy went into the middle of what turns violent all of the time just to troll everyone. He didn't carrot all about anyones outrage and just danced at the most inappropriate time. That was one of the more peaceful events to come out of these riots lately.
Ejanss 
16831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/17 , edited 4/26/17

Rujikin wrote:He didn't carrot all about anyones outrage


Eh, he was probably just some loser Beta carrot-teen.
21969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 4/26/17

Ejanss wrote:


Rujikin wrote:He didn't carrot all about anyones outrage


Eh, he was probably just some loser Beta carrot-teen.




Get this guy a 5 carrot ring!
Banned
416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/26/17
The tolerant can't even tolerate a carrot. lol
runec 
36323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/26/17

Rujikin wrote:
I found it funny and ballsy that this guy went into the middle of what turns violent all of the time just to troll everyone. He didn't carrot all about anyones outrage and just danced at the most inappropriate time. That was one of the more peaceful events to come out of these riots lately.


This is Auburn, not Berkeley, and agitating crowds falls into the You're Not Helping(tm) category. Also, I highly suspect if the roles were reversed you would never have posted this. -.-

39169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/27/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It is not outside the realm for conservatives to troll people in an attempt to trigger them. I would have to see the video to see if the display is reasonably devoid of political siding in order to effectively communicate a message. Apparently, the protest was against Richard Spencer, someone who is openly racist, but was granted right to speak at Auburn University.

I think being an ass is not an effective way to communicate a message, something that I see on the forums.

As a troll tactic, I admit that he had some bravery into tackling a group like those protesters, who are more or less rioters.

His political views aside, I am focusing more on his method and how efficacious it was.


It seems that Carrot Man had nothing to say. The only thing on his sign was "I don't Carrot all your outrage." That statement could equally apply to both sides of the issue. I think the ones who got trolled were the ones who got offended. The other side picked up on that offense, and ran with it, chanting "Carrot! Carrot! Carrot!"

It could have very easily gone the other way. Carrot Man only provided a very poor dance performance, and kept a silly grin on his face. He never once uttered a single word one way or the other.

The interpretation of what he was doing there was up to whoever put meaning to it first. In this case it was Antifa who first defined what Carrot Man was, by showing outrage at his performance.

That's how I see it. What do you think?
24118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 4/27/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It is not outside the realm for conservatives to troll people in an attempt to trigger them. I would have to see the video to see if the display is reasonably devoid of political siding in order to effectively communicate a message. Apparently, the protest was against Richard Spencer, someone who is openly racist, but was granted right to speak at Auburn University.

I think being an ass is not an effective way to communicate a message, something that I see on the forums.

As a troll tactic, I admit that he had some bravery into tackling a group like those protesters, who are more or less rioters.

His political views aside, I am focusing more on his method and how efficacious it was.


It seems that Carrot Man had nothing to say. The only thing on his sign was "I don't Carrot all your outrage." That statement could equally apply to both sides of the issue. I think the ones who got trolled were the ones who got offended. The other side picked up on that offense, and ran with it, chanting "Carrot! Carrot! Carrot!"

It could have very easily gone the other way. Carrot Man only provided a very poor dance performance, and kept a silly grin on his face. He never once uttered a single word one way or the other.

The interpretation of what he was doing there was up to whoever put meaning to it first. In this case it was Antifa who first defined what Carrot Man was, by showing outrage at his performance.

That's how I see it. What do you think?


I think it was a reasonable interpretation for "I do not carrot all about your outrage" to mean their outrage. I do not think he did anything reprehensible, even in the slightest, but I feel there has been overestimating of his importance.

Though I could see why the options for discussion are limited. How do you protest protesters without violence?

I am still upset over why they are protesting, and what they hope to accomplish. I see protesting as a physical demand, for the government to step in on an issue, or reconsideration of tearing down a statue or a tree.

Assuming this is the protest against Ann Coulter, who I believe has been granted the legal right to use a "public" property (In the very least, it seems this property is open to everyone.) I wonder "why are you protesting and what do you hope to accomplish?"

Not only is this a aimless protest against hate in general (Trump is president and therefore a sensibly influential person to rally against, but Coulter is a provocateur waning in influence), but I feel alone in acknowledging other problems both international and within our borders.

These culture wars are meaningless.
21969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 4/27/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It is not outside the realm for conservatives to troll people in an attempt to trigger them. I would have to see the video to see if the display is reasonably devoid of political siding in order to effectively communicate a message. Apparently, the protest was against Richard Spencer, someone who is openly racist, but was granted right to speak at Auburn University.

I think being an ass is not an effective way to communicate a message, something that I see on the forums.

As a troll tactic, I admit that he had some bravery into tackling a group like those protesters, who are more or less rioters.

His political views aside, I am focusing more on his method and how efficacious it was.


It seems that Carrot Man had nothing to say. The only thing on his sign was "I don't Carrot all your outrage." That statement could equally apply to both sides of the issue. I think the ones who got trolled were the ones who got offended. The other side picked up on that offense, and ran with it, chanting "Carrot! Carrot! Carrot!"

It could have very easily gone the other way. Carrot Man only provided a very poor dance performance, and kept a silly grin on his face. He never once uttered a single word one way or the other.

The interpretation of what he was doing there was up to whoever put meaning to it first. In this case it was Antifa who first defined what Carrot Man was, by showing outrage at his performance.

That's how I see it. What do you think?


I think it was a reasonable interpretation for "I do not carrot all about your outrage" to mean their outrage. I do not think he did anything reprehensible, even in the slightest, but I feel there has been overestimating of his importance.

Though I could see why the options for discussion are limited. How do you protest protesters without violence?

I am still upset over why they are protesting, and what they hope to accomplish. I see protesting as a physical demand, for the government to step in on an issue, or reconsideration of tearing down a statue or a tree.

Assuming this is the protest against Ann Coulter, who I believe has been granted the legal right to use a "public" property (In the very least, it seems this property is open to everyone.) I wonder "why are you protesting and what do you hope to accomplish?"

Not only is this a aimless protest against hate in general (Trump is president and therefore a sensibly influential person to rally against, but Coulter is a provocateur waning in influence), but I feel alone in acknowledging other problems both international and within our borders.

These culture wars are meaningless.


If no one got butthurt over carrot man no one would be talking about him. The butthurt he caused made him a legend.

Yeah there are much LARGER issues we need to be solving. It would be nice to work together to solve them but nope... Instead we are having a culture war forced upon us.

We should be trying to fix this: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/10/watchdog-calls-out-hud-for-500b-plus-in-accounting-errors.html

It shouldn't even be a partisan issue. Accounting errors and mis-management of government funds effect ALL of us. If we fix this we ALL benefit.
runec 
36323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/27/17 , edited 4/27/17

Rujikin wrote:
If no one got butthurt over carrot man no one would be talking about him. The butthurt he caused made him a legend.


No, it just made him another troll.

This is how you take the piss out of both sides while also doing something tongue in cheek that doesn't rely on trying to provoke anyone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3uhKxNPNg
8983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 4/27/17
No, the people who got triggered by a guy dressed up as a freaking carrot are softies, and need to toughen their skin if something like that gets them mad.
Posted 4/27/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It is not outside the realm for conservatives to troll people in an attempt to trigger them. I would have to see the video to see if the display is reasonably devoid of political siding in order to effectively communicate a message. Apparently, the protest was against Richard Spencer, someone who is openly racist, but was granted right to speak at Auburn University.

I think being an ass is not an effective way to communicate a message, something that I see on the forums.

As a troll tactic, I admit that he had some bravery into tackling a group like those protesters, who are more or less rioters.

His political views aside, I am focusing more on his method and how efficacious it was.


Richard Spencer is speaking? That neo nazi? Usually I'm not dismissive of the right and call them racist, but this Richard guy is extreme. He's straight up crazy.

Carrot is still funny though
28220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 4/27/17
I only clicked onto this thread because the moment I saw it was related to politics, I knew Rujikin was the OP, and as always ends up in an argument xD
1792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Spokane, Washingt...
Offline
Posted 4/28/17
Are you all seriously trying to have a serious discussion about a guy dressing as a carrot, making a carrot pun at a rally full of rebels?


XD. Ok, that's almost as funny as the carrot man himself. It's a guy, in a carrot costume, waving around a big "fuck you!" sign to a certain group of people. There is not much more that you need to think over it, it's clearly a joke!

Seriously, this kind of stuff can happen at any gathering. Like my anime convention, some guy dressed as a trashcan with a bunch of waifu material ladies taped on it. On the trash can, it said "your waifu is garbage!" I laughed just as much.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.