First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Lets talk pizza toppings
7533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
π / Train / Railyard
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 12/31/17

What do you like on your pizza?

Whenever I go to my favourite pizza place I usually get one of two things:
Either a quattro formaggi (brie, mozzarella, parmesan, gorgonzola)

Or a specialty of theirs (prosciutto, mushrooms, mozzarella, olives and an egg in the middle)

I love the egg in the middle, I always eat it in a weird way so I save the egg for last.

There's this other pizza place which makes cheap but ok pizza, and they're the only ones where I tried Hawaii Pizza and it was good.

Whenever trying a new pizza place, Prosciutto & Funghi is my "test" choice. I use it to see how well they make pizza.

I tried stuff like Dominos and Pizza Hut, but I find their pizza nowhere near as good as local pizza places.

When I make pizza at home I put sauce, oregano, mozarella, parmesan, prosciutto and mushrooms. This wasn't always the topping of choice, long ago I used to put salami instead of prosciutto, generic cheese and I used to put egg on top.

Overall I'd say I usually avoid onion and bell peppers on pizza. Among the (probably) less common toppings I tried were spinach, shrimp, corn, salmon, apples, and in case you count "sauce" as a topping, a restaurant in Japan gave me honey for Quattro Formaggi.

1326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 11/30/17
I often order meat lovers. Lots of meat. I'm not too fond of vegetables on my pizza.
12518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
Local places are definitely the best and there are actually a few brands of frozen pizza I'd honestly prefer over getting something from a big chain. Here in Canada we have a chain called Pizza Pizza and it's everywhere, but it's terrible. It sort of makes me sad.

I don't really have a specific go to for toppings but it's usually something along the lines of a Hawaiian with the addition of banana peppers. The combination of sweet, sour and spice is just perfect on a pizza. I can get down with a really good classic pepperoni though. I also really like shrimp on pizza but there's not many places near me that have it as a topping.

The only toppings I'm not a fan of are probably mushrooms and olives but that's really because I don't like either of those things in general instead of specifically not liking them on pizza.
17492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / hell's grave
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
any with spicy peppers
897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / MN
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 1/7/18
I like Hawaiian style pizza, and I love pineapples on pizza
llunga 
5127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17


Pepperoni and garlic
334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
Spinach and garlic.
Sometimes I'll add some feta cheese to it.

I don't really like any kinds of meat on pizza. Tuna is okay but I prefer vegetable pizzas.
7109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
Pizza toppings I like:

- Pineapple
- Olives (preferably black, green is ok too)
- Onions (Red is better)
- Red or orange bell peppers
- Spinach
- Sausage
- Aparagus
- Chicken
- Steak
- Mushrooms

Pizza toppings I don't like:

- Egg
- Potato
- Pepperoni
- Salami
- Spicy peppers
- Hot sauce
- Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce
- Tomato slices
- Corn
- Fish
- Cheddar cheese
7533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
π / Train / Railyard
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

PokemonBecky wrote:

I often order meat lovers. Lots of meat. I'm not too fond of vegetables on my pizza.


Sounds like a manly choice :lol:



StriderShinryu wrote:

Local places are definitely the best and there are actually a few brands of frozen pizza I'd honestly prefer over getting something from a big chain. Here in Canada we have a chain called Pizza Pizza and it's everywhere, but it's terrible. It sort of makes me sad.

I don't really have a specific go to for toppings but it's usually something along the lines of a Hawaiian with the addition of banana peppers. The combination of sweet, sour and spice is just perfect on a pizza. I can get down with a really good classic pepperoni though. I also really like shrimp on pizza but there's not many places near me that have it as a topping.

The only toppings I'm not a fan of are probably mushrooms and olives but that's really because I don't like either of those things in general instead of specifically not liking them on pizza.


Sweet sour and spice reminds me of chinese food, I never thought of trying it on pizza, I have to try it now.


M-chann wrote:

any with spicy peppers


I used to like 'em very spicy


maoyji wrote:

I like Hawaiian style pizza, and I love pineapples on pizza


Yay, another hawaiian lover.


llunga wrote:



Pepperoni and garlic


Never tried garlic on pizza, do you just have pieces of garlic or is it crushed and made into some sort of sauce?


madorin wrote:

Spinach and garlic.
Sometimes I'll add some feta cheese to it.

I don't really like any kinds of meat on pizza. Tuna is okay but I prefer vegetable pizzas.


This sounds like something best eaten cold, I can't really imagine the taste.


Dead-Century wrote:

Pizza toppings I like:

- Pineapple
- Olives (preferably black, green is ok too)
- Onions (Red is better)
- Red or orange bell peppers
- Spinach
- Sausage
- Aparagus
- Chicken
- Steak
- Mushrooms

Pizza toppings I don't like:

- Egg
- Potato
- Pepperoni
- Salami
- Spicy peppers
- Hot sauce
- Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce
- Tomato slices
- Corn
- Fish
- Cheddar cheese


Wait, potato? I never heard of potato on pizza.
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

StriderShinryu wrote:

Local places are definitely the best and there are actually a few brands of frozen pizza I'd honestly prefer over getting something from a big chain. Here in Canada we have a chain called Pizza Pizza and it's everywhere, but it's terrible. It sort of makes me sad.

I don't really have a specific go to for toppings but it's usually something along the lines of a Hawaiian with the addition of banana peppers. The combination of sweet, sour and spice is just perfect on a pizza. I can get down with a really good classic pepperoni though. I also really like shrimp on pizza but there's not many places near me that have it as a topping.

The only toppings I'm not a fan of are probably mushrooms and olives but that's really because I don't like either of those things in general instead of specifically not liking them on pizza.


I agree with what your talkin about. but I love pizza pizza. Its different stores in different places that make it different. the ones in ott are great.
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
But yeah I eat Pizza with grilled chicken, Mushrooms, and tomatoes
1469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Somwere between t...
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17
I like Domino's Pepperoni or Extravaganza pizzas, the Extravaganza is basically all the topics in one pizza

except chicken and sauce, but If I want to go a plain margarita I will pick Pizza hut.
7109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/23/17

wststreet wrote:



Dead-Century wrote:

Pizza toppings I like:

- Pineapple
- Olives (preferably black, green is ok too)
- Onions (Red is better)
- Red or orange bell peppers
- Spinach
- Sausage
- Aparagus
- Chicken
- Steak
- Mushrooms

Pizza toppings I don't like:

- Egg
- Potato
- Pepperoni
- Salami
- Spicy peppers
- Hot sauce
- Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce
- Tomato slices
- Corn
- Fish
- Cheddar cheese


Wait, potato? I never heard of potato on pizza.

Yup. I think it's a classic Italian thing, pizza con patate or something like that.
215169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/24/17
more cheese more cheese and more cheese
Posted 4/23/17 , edited 4/24/17

summerbeat wrote:

more cheese more cheese and more cheese


I can see why you like cheese. I can see it in your cheesy ass pickup lines
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.