First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply Bill Nye the Science guy has a message to everyone
21467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 4/25/17

octorockandroll wrote:


redokami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Fluid: something that has no fixed shape.

so can you give me a estimated guess?



F l u i d


Even in physics there are defined limits between a solid and a gas. When talking about a human on planet earth what is the total range between the two extremes?
10458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 4/25/17

octorockandroll wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Oh well here I was about to listen to the scientific consensus but karatecowboy says otherwise so I guess not



It's like you're literally just making stuff up.


Yeah aside from all those sources I used.


Yes. All one of the sources. Which is about homosexuality, not GID
10960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

karatecowboy wrote:

Yes. All one of the sources. Which is about homosexuality, not GID


So you're not even reading my responses are you? Well that's about what I expect of you. Should have figured I was wasting my time trying to get you to see facts.
21467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 4/25/17

redokami wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


While I agree with Cowboy that you should have used a recent source, I agree with the notion that they are trying to classify gender dysphoria as a "Mental disorder" or "Mental Illness" without mentioning their proposed treatment. My conclusion is that they are avoiding the topic of treatment for semantics of its category as a mental illness or not. Or they are implying that it should be "treated" like any other mental ailment.

What we should be focusing on is the evidence behind sufficient treatments, if there are any.

FWIW, Most cases are handled with talk therapy.


therapists these days are SHITTTTT ,
im molested she says I brought it upon myself and putmyself out there - I was playing Mario party8??-
a few years later I go to another one to work on my ptsd, he starts going into getting a job and "ambitions" like literally the first thing I said I wanted to work on was my ptsd, I then said I want to get married be loved have kids
he never addressed the issue I WANTED to work on
he responds to that with " so, you want to live with your mom your whol life andnever do anything?"

I just said I want to get married which basically implies I would be moving out, and doing shit wit a husband


if this is the kinda shit ive gotten, and that's just 2 examples, with fuckin PTSD

I cant imagine the incompetence with other mental shit , for real man

I've found a lot of phycologists go into the field because they are trying to understand their own brains. Sometimes its curiosity and something's they are batty themselves. They end up getting a degree and you might be talking to someone with more problems than you but they have their head up their ass and think they know it all.

Of course this is what I found of the people in college going for it. They were all werid. I prefer the crazy engineers and it guys that focus on having fun and not bullshit.
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

Rujikin wrote:

I've found a lot of phycologists go into the field because they are trying to understand their own brains. Sometimes its curiosity and something's they are batty themselves. They end up getting a degree and you might be talking to someone with more problems than you but they have their head up their ass and think they know it all.

Of course this is what I found of the people in college going for it. They were all werid. I prefer the crazy engineers and it guys that focus on having fun and not bullshit.


ive been in therapy since I was a toddler for multiple reasons, not just mental, butspeech and cognitive
when it comes to mental tho, tbh, what "brains" do those therapists have?
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

Rujikin wrote:

Need to teach people to stop hating themselves, stop comparing themselves to everyone else, and stop trying to be what they are not.

A 5' tall person can't be a 7' tall person in a 5' tall body. They are 5' tall now stop worrying about what you can't change and focus on what you can. No matter how much you love cats and want to be one you cannot become even part cat even with all the plastic surgery in the world. If genetics say your male then your a male and all the plastic surgery in the world can't change that. Just accept what you are and focus on living instead of always thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

I focus on living instead of focusing on nonsense and I live a pretty good life because of it.


I do not know. I believe that psychology has come to a consensus, more or less. In this age of scientific discovery, huge upsets on commonly established beliefs are becoming rarer today.

Though I believe that is the aim of therapy, in a way. To accept oneself as a girl with male characteristics, among other things. People should love themselves, and that means not denying the mental aspect.

I will blame The Matrix, but what is with the focus on the notion that a truthful reality is purely physical, or that the physical aspects of transgenderism is not brought about by epigentic and environment, and good old fashioned genetics? Where the body is always right but the mind is wrong?

In psychology seems to be a disorder by disorder, ailment by ailment basis, so to speak. Similar disorders to the public may have general treatments, but vary wildly by individual or by disorder. In any case, this obsession with physical properties is something I no longer hold quite as strongly.

In any case, I agree with the currently prescribed psychological treatments, from what I have seen and what I do not know. I am not an expert, nor do I see any reason to distrust every scientist as on the same level as Bill Nye, especially when an entire field has reached a general consensus, and is basing their research that this is true.

Of course, you may be right. Science is never a sure thing. I do think it is illogical to assume you know more than the life's work of hundreds of current and up to date scientists.
10213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/25/17

Rujikin wrote:

Even in physics there are defined limits between a solid and a gas. When talking about a human on planet earth what is the total range between the two extremes?


A fluid isn't a solid. That is stupid.

A fluid can be a liquid or a gas though. The air we breathe is a fluid, and the water we drink is a fluid. I don't know where you got solid from in your response? You also forgot plasma as the 4th state of matter...

Edit: I could go on for hours about fluids since I had an entire class on them... but I won't. Long story short, fluids are "infinite." There is no good word to describe the point he is trying to get across... but gender fluid means that there is no set gender. There is a set sex, but gender is what it is. Hard to really go into detail on.
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

Rujikin wrote:

Even in physics there are defined limits between a solid and a gas. When talking about a human on planet earth what is the total range between the two extremes?


I am not sure that can apply here in all honesty, when physics has applications that depend on the difference between measurements than established values, rather than having 0 as a number signifying nothing.

This is similar to the problem of establishing an immutable IQ as people want to define it, as the limits of ones potential mental prowess. The physical measures (Such as the previous attempts at brain size and chemical) are severely limited, and rely a great deal on observation and trial.

One cannot measure how much masculine someone is, or some other crap.
25642 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/25/17

lorreen wrote:
Well, I went back to rewatch to make sure. I think it's pretty well summed up at 1:58

"Sex how you want
It's your goddamn right
"

And the repeated phrase throughout, "Much more than Either-or or, or" presents the idea of not everything being binary when it comes to sex and sexuality so just chill out and don't force it to be.


Heh, right, it's obviously just a version of "Do what you want cuz a pirate is free!" except this time they made it a bit too obvious that pirates should be arrested.
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Fluid: something that has no fixed shape.

so can I be a cat? I love cats
I mean right now I identify as a furry specifically a cat because I feel like my personality and likes are like a cats
also
that way I can be fed when I want and be pet and taken care of
I wouldn't have to worry about a lot of things

maybe not too far in the future animal body parts such as tails can be grown and surgically implanted on bodies, like how we can grow ears and certain organs
I really do want a tail :C but ill stick with my fursuit for now
do you think it woul be possible to replicate cateyes? so I can see in the dark?? I would love that!
id also be able to wear my collar inpublic

<3
10960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

redokami wrote:

so can I be a cat? I love cats
I mean right now I identify as a furry specifically a cat because I feel like my personality and likes are like a cats
also
that way I can be fed when I want and be pet and taken care of
I wouldn't have to worry about a lot of things

maybe not too far in the future animal body parts such as tails can be grown and surgically implanted on bodies, like how we can grow ears and certain organs
I really do want a tail :C but ill stick with my fursuit for now
do you think it woul be possible to replicate cateyes? so I can see in the dark?? I would love that!
id also be able to wear my collar inpublic

<3


If you don't even understand the difference between gender and speciation then you should probably just stop trying to talk about transgenderism as though you're in any way knowledgeable on the subject.
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

redokami wrote:

so can I be a cat? I love cats
I mean right now I identify as a furry specifically a cat because I feel like my personality and likes are like a cats
also
that way I can be fed when I want and be pet and taken care of
I wouldn't have to worry about a lot of things

maybe not too far in the future animal body parts such as tails can be grown and surgically implanted on bodies, like how we can grow ears and certain organs
I really do want a tail :C but ill stick with my fursuit for now
do you think it woul be possible to replicate cateyes? so I can see in the dark?? I would love that!
id also be able to wear my collar inpublic

<3


I am not quite sure. An explanation is that we are too far off the evolutionary course from felines to really have that inclination, but I am not sure about the scientific consensus, whereas you have a fair chance of being a girl or boy in the womb during the conception, which may have led to complications regarding it.

I think it is better to post sources from people who have the credentials to back up your point rather than rely on the notion of ridiculousness of such a claim.
21467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I do not know. I believe that psychology has come to a consensus, more or less. In this age of scientific discovery, huge upsets on commonly established beliefs are becoming rarer today.

Though I believe that is the aim of therapy, in a way. To accept oneself as a girl with male characteristics, among other things. People should love themselves, and that means not denying the mental aspect.

I will blame The Matrix, but what is with the focus on the notion that a truthful reality is purely physical, or that the physical aspects of transgenderism is not brought about by epigentic and environment, and good old fashioned genetics? Where the body is always right but the mind is wrong?

In psychology seems to be a disorder by disorder, ailment by ailment basis, so to speak. Similar disorders to the public may have general treatments, but vary wildly by individual or by disorder. In any case, this obsession with physical properties is something I no longer hold quite as strongly.

In any case, I agree with the currently prescribed psychological treatments, from what I have seen and what I do not know. I am not an expert, nor do I see any reason to distrust every scientist as on the same level as Bill Nye, especially when an entire field has reached a general consensus, and is basing their research that this is true.

Of course, you may be right. Science is never a sure thing. I do think it is illogical to assume you know more than the life's work of hundreds of current and up to date scientists.


Psychology has trouble recreating its own studies... Do not trust that.

Your brain is a biological computer. Outside of reproduction there is no purpose to "gender" what matters is your sex. It naturally attracts males to females to force/trick them into reproducing even if that wasn't even their goal. Gender is suppose to be instincts that guide females and males to performing their reproductive roles. Society and psychologists have tried to make gender out to be something its not and gave it too much importance.

Mutilating your body or adding random parts onto it serves literally no purpose than to try to alieve the symptoms of an untreated mental illness.
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/17 , edited 4/26/17

octorockandroll wrote:

If you don't even understand the difference between gender and speciation then you should probably just stop trying to talk about transgenderism as though you're in any way knowledgeable on the subject.


cat kin then??
Posted 4/25/17
I only acknowledge 2 genders male and female anything else is a mental disorder.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.