First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Articles that claim that Millennials are destroying "X" are stupid as hell
Posted 5/2/17 , edited 5/3/17
Mod Edit: Locked and closed too while we are at it. If I have to delete over a page worth of posts from your thread, your thread probably should not be posted.
7588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / O / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 5/2/17
- This thread
12117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 5/2/17 , edited 7/16/17
To be fair, as a millenial I can definitely say that millenials are killing music. These days radios only play pop music, only the most hackneyed pandering trite gets popular and anything with effort and artistic direction gets buried and becomes difficult to search for.
qwueri 
22882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 5/2/17 , edited 7/16/17

octorockandroll wrote:

To be fair, as a millenial I can definitely say that millenials are killing music. These days radios only play pop music, only the most hackneyed pandering trite gets popular and anything with effort and artistic direction gets buried and becomes difficult to search for.


I don't think that's a new advent with radio.
155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/2/17 , edited 7/16/17

octorockandroll wrote:

To be fair, as a millenial I can definitely say that millenials are killing music. These days radios only play pop music, only the most hackneyed pandering trite gets popular and anything with effort and artistic direction gets buried and becomes difficult to search for.


I strongly agree with this. I seriously hate the music that people listen to is mostly overly repetitive trash, generic, and no musical talent ( I say this kinda loosely because my idea of musical talent requires instruments playing but some songs that are created with using computer generated sounds aren't too bad but I think the majority are terrible.)

12117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 5/2/17 , edited 7/16/17

qwueri wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

To be fair, as a millenial I can definitely say that millenials are killing music. These days radios only play pop music, only the most hackneyed pandering trite gets popular and anything with effort and artistic direction gets buried and becomes difficult to search for.


I don't think that's a new advent with radio.


When I was a boy my city had a classic rock station, a modern rock station, a rap music station, a jazz station, a classical station, an alt rock station, an oldies station, a light rock station (I don't actually understand how that's in any way different from pop music but whatever) and of course a number of pop and country stations.

Today all that remains are the oldies station and the pop and country stations. All the rest became pop and country. We still have our jazz station but I've heard insider talk suggesting it's on its way out as well.
37723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/2/17
GOOD: Condemnation of generational bashing as a pointless, counterproductive exercise.

BAD: Immediately diving into generational bashing after having issued the aforementioned condemnation.

C'mon, guy. C'mon. We all know what you're doing here. Just stop.
11825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/17
the millennials destroying music argument is stupid.
qwueri 
22882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 5/2/17

octorockandroll wrote:

When I was a boy my city had a classic rock station, a modern rock station, a rap music station, a jazz station, a classical station, an alt rock station, an oldies station, a light rock station (I don't actually understand how that's in any way different from pop music but whatever) and of course a number of pop and country stations.

Today all that remains are the oldies station and the pop and country stations. All the rest became pop and country. We still have our jazz station but I've heard insider talk suggesting it's on its way out as well.


My area still has pretty much the same stations it did since I was a kid, sounds more like a local deal with the health of individual radio stations. At most I'd hazard a guess that local radio stations are competing with internet radio and streaming services. Not sure how that's supposed to be damaging to the variety of music available.
19836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/2/17 , edited 5/19/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

the millennials destroying music argument is stupid.


Justin Bieber
11825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/17

Ranwolf wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

the millennials destroying music argument is stupid.


Justin Bieber


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc
19836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/2/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc


Billy Ray Cyrus is not a millennial so fail on your part.
11825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/17

Ranwolf wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc


Billy Ray Cyrus is not a millennial so fail on your part.


you literally missed the entire point of my comment good job
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.