You will NEVER guess who obama just endorsed in the french election lol
21961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/4/17
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/former-us-president-obama-endorses-macron-in-french-campaign/ar-BBAJTbL?OCID=ansmsnnews11 its kinda like our election here, establishment/partly establishment views vs someone who wants change lol
48691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/4/17
Yep, if we want to draw parallels. You could say against the person who outright lies and dumb people fall for it, instead of "someone who wants change."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/europe/french-election-macron-legal-action-le-pen/
923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/4/17
Somehow, I'm not sure if an elected Marine Le Pen, like Trump, will also populate her cabinet with Wall Street bankers and push for tax cuts on the rich. That seems more like something Macron, an investment banker, would do.
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/4/17
The opposition hate him!!!!!!
27148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/4/17
Jeez, can we stop treating this as tantamount to the US election? Using meaningless phrases as "Establishment" and "Wants change" is irksome when we are talking about two candidates most of us were not aware have even existed, or have done the research on.

In any case, it is like calling Lobo DC's Deadpool, or Sentry Marvel's Superman, etc. This is worst when you go beyond treating creative works as "copies", but do this to actual people, saying they are representative of other people.



qwueri 
24216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Online
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/4/17
We're going to get these threads cluttering the forums any time there's a far-right-wing candidate running aren't we?
345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CGS DIVISION 03
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/5/17

qwueri wrote:

We're going to get these threads cluttering the forums any time there's a far-right-wing candidate running aren't we?


Yeah :/
3285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The margins
Online
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/5/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Jeez, can we stop treating this as tantamount to the US election? Using meaningless phrases as "Establishment" and "Wants change" is irksome when we are talking about two candidates most of us were not aware have even existed, or have done the research on.

In any case, it is like calling Lobo DC's Deadpool, or Sentry Marvel's Superman, etc. This is worst when you go beyond treating creative works as "copies", but do this to actual people, saying they are representative of other people.





Hmm. I think both Le Pen and Trump made the comparison themselves, though perhaps that doesn't say anything about its merit.

The only reason people in the U.S. can talk about the French election is because the media has fed them the populism narrative that has arisen of late. Narratives are powerful, and they aren't always inaccurate, either. And if I had to guess, the social structure and cultural forces in France aren't that different from those in the U.S. (Western civilization and all that), so I wouldn't be surprised if the two actually produced similar sets of candidates. But I do think it's silly for Americans to talk casually like they know about what's going on over there.

Instead we should play Fiscal Kombat.
13315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/5/17

qwueri wrote:

We're going to get these threads cluttering the forums any time there's a far-right-wing candidate running aren't we?


Yep! Welcome to the party!
16375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/5/17

redokami wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/former-us-president-obama-endorses-macron-in-french-campaign/ar-BBAJTbL?OCID=ansmsnnews11 its kinda like our election here, establishment/partly establishment views vs someone who wants change lol


Oh. If I were to 'never guess', I would have guessed Hitler. Him "endorsing" Macaroon is about as surprising as that rumor that France was going to declare him king or something.
39169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/4/17 , edited 5/5/17
New World Order / One World Government backer and irrelevant Obama is INTERFERING in the French presidential election. You CAN'T BLAME THE RUSSIANS if Le Pen wins....

I hope that fires up the French to vote for La Pen...

French guy: 'ow dare those Americans, tell us 'oo to vote for! I'm voting for Le Pen!!

Some time later.....

Justin Trudeau is running for re-election...

Obama: Hey, would you like me to put in a word for you?

Justin Trudeau: NO!! I mean... Uh, no. I got this. Thanks...
64 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/9/17 , edited 5/10/17
ok
You must be logged in to post.