First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What makes you hate mankind more than anything else?
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17

MasterBismuth33 wrote:

All types of hate is self hate. Everything outside of you is a mirror.


No everything outside of you is a physical object and hating a lamp post isn't hating yourself.
But ill stop feeding the crazy man.
50094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/11/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


asharka wrote:

If I had to choose only one thing, it would be greed/avarice. Not just in terms of acquisitions, but in terms of emotions as well.


b...but my greed is one of the things i hold dearly and helps me to live D;


Well, yes, because that is necessary in a world where everyone else is doing the same...but some are more effective at it than others.
40250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/11/17
Organic life
6744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/11/17
Everyone's lack of self-control, lack of self-respect/discipline, and the fact that people are either total pussies or overly aggressive.
1661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
When people are willing to kill someone for having a different culture or because they want to control. Like with ISIS, they have done so many executions and sent the videos, I have a very religious friend and even though I don't agree with everything he says I respect him enough not to argue about it, it's his faith and his belief isn't hurting me. Unless someone is doing something that hurts others then just leave them be and let them think what they want.
79 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
War
27177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

No everything outside of you is a physical object and hating a lamp post isn't hating yourself.
But ill stop feeding the crazy man.


I think you missed the metaphor there. I may disagree with the concept, but I wouldn't dilute it of its meaning. Many acts of hate are indeed bred from people's own insecurities and misdirected anger.


462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
go take a shower you stink
501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


ronchester44 wrote:

Eh, the things that tick me off are more to do so with particular individuals, not the entirety of humanity, too say that you hate mankind is a pretty bold statement


Not for a misanthrope ;)


I'm guessing your'e a misanthrope, if so, why?
501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17
Eh, the things that tick me off are more to do so with particular individuals, not the entirety of humanity, too say that you hate mankind is a pretty bold statement
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

ronchester44 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


ronchester44 wrote:

Eh, the things that tick me off are more to do so with particular individuals, not the entirety of humanity, too say that you hate mankind is a pretty bold statement


Not for a misanthrope ;)


I'm guessing your'e a misanthrope, if so, why?


I am because I hate base human nature including my own the more I learn about basic human instincts and psychology I hate humans more and more.

I also see us as a fragile race that is very prone to being destructive in a bad way.
I feel Humans are well worthless to a degree but unlike most misanthropes I actually have hope in humanity to a degree I feel we are limited only by our states right now as we evolve whether it be forced evolution or merging with machines I feel a more beautiful race will emerge.

I see humans like a cattepillar I guess gross weak and stupid but over time it will flourish into a wonderful being.
My hatred of human kind is not because of actions so much as our weakness.

That hatred/love I have going on is why I'm pursuing my future goals in hopes to help advance humans even if it's in the slightest or I'm just a cog in a machine to do so :)

Individually I think people can be good and bad actually I think we all have potential for evil which is something I dislike in humans but yeah my reasons are mostly things out of our control which is why for the most part as much as I hate humankind as a whole I can be kind to people as they never asked for their bad sides and neither did I.
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

MasterBismuth33 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


MasterBismuth33 wrote:

All types of hate is self hate. Everything outside of you is a mirror.


No everything outside of you is a physical object and hating a lamp post isn't hating yourself.
But ill stop feeding the crazy man.


Have you figure it out that I don't want to talk to you, you little pest? Do you act like this in real life? Forcing your opinion on others? Hmm? Stop being dense and leave me alone. You don't want to piss me off. I can do things that seem impossible. Can you? I bet you can't since you believe you are a limited little person. Go away now, please.

Ryulightorb Argumentative people like you are usually possessed by demons, get the fuck away from me. You are not allowed to come near my space in any way. Do you understand?

According to Albert Einstein, smart people are usually seen as crazy by dumb people.


Well if you spout nonsense I will correct you at every stop.

Correcting someone is not forcing an opinion on them that's like saying me correcting someone who says the sky is green correcting someone for being factually incorrect is not forcing an opinion on someone your free to believe nonsense but I'm free to correct you and anyone who spouts illogical nonsense.

I'm not being dense I treat everyone here the same way if you say something scientifically wrong I will correct you that's how we evolve as a species.

I'm not giving you some special treatment mate you can't do anything that seems impossible nothing more then I can do.
Also I am allowed to comment on your beliefs this is the public in not going to you via mail and threatening you like you did to me I let that slide and didn't report you but next time you go to threats because you are wrong I will make a big deal out of it.

Smart people's are seen as crazy by dumb people sometimes yes well good thing I'm not dumb



501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


ronchester44 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


ronchester44 wrote:

Eh, the things that tick me off are more to do so with particular individuals, not the entirety of humanity, too say that you hate mankind is a pretty bold statement


Not for a misanthrope ;)


I'm guessing your'e a misanthrope, if so, why?


I am because I hate base human nature including my own the more I learn about basic human instincts and psychology I hate humans more and more.

I also see us as a fragile race that is very prone to being destructive in a bad way.
I feel Humans are well worthless to a degree but unlike most misanthropes I actually have hope in humanity to a degree I feel we are limited only by our states right now as we evolve whether it be forced evolution or merging with machines I feel a more beautiful race will emerge.

I see humans like a cattepillar I guess gross weak and stupid but over time it will flourish into a wonderful being.
My hatred of human kind is not because of actions so much as our weakness.

That hatred/love I have going on is why I'm pursuing my future goals in hopes to help advance humans even if it's in the slightest or I'm just a cog in a machine to do so :)

Individually I think people can be good and bad actually I think we all have potential for evil which is something I dislike in humans but yeah my reasons are mostly things out of our control which is why for the most part as much as I hate humankind as a whole I can be kind to people as they never asked for their bad sides and neither did I.


Do you think you are superior to everyone else because you hate others, to me it seems like you spent a little too much time by yourself, you don't have to speak in a poetic manner, we get it, you hate others. And how are you "pursuing my future goals in order to advance humanity", to me that is pretentious and far-fetched
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

No everything outside of you is a physical object and hating a lamp post isn't hating yourself.
But ill stop feeding the crazy man.


I think you missed the metaphor there. I may disagree with the concept, but I wouldn't dilute it of its meaning. Many acts of hate are indeed bred from people's own insecurities and misdirected anger.




I agree but if you read the stuff he posts I think it's less a metaphor and more him seriously thinking that.
That's how it's easily read at least
10742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Those who attack others for having a different opinion or for not sharing the same morals as them or opinion of what is morally ok or not (hint morality is subjective)

For example bit ago people were being attacked for looking at loli hentai i stood up for them because i don't see anything wrong with it myself....someone tracked me down and harassed my mother because i was for that stuff being legal and don't find it gross (heck i have looked at it before).

The fact people would go to reaches to harm people for not sharing their view DISGUSTS me.

lets see what else.....people who lie to people and betray them that also.


If morality is subjective then "murder is wrong" is an expression of opinion. Right and wrong then become just useful fictions. Killing someone for eating ice cream is just as valid as killing in self defense, because it's all subjective. Then, it all comes down to might makes right.
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

ronchester44 wrote:

Eh, the things that tick me off are more to do so with particular individuals, not the entirety of humanity, too say that you hate mankind is a pretty bold statement


Not for a misanthrope
882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/17
Why do you people like to spool yourselves up on hate? It is a useless emotion. Much like being offended, it is a choice.
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

ronchester44 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


ronchester44 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


ronchester44 wrote:

Eh, the things that tick me off are more to do so with particular individuals, not the entirety of humanity, too say that you hate mankind is a pretty bold statement


Not for a misanthrope ;)


I'm guessing your'e a misanthrope, if so, why?


I am because I hate base human nature including my own the more I learn about basic human instincts and psychology I hate humans more and more.

I also see us as a fragile race that is very prone to being destructive in a bad way.
I feel Humans are well worthless to a degree but unlike most misanthropes I actually have hope in humanity to a degree I feel we are limited only by our states right now as we evolve whether it be forced evolution or merging with machines I feel a more beautiful race will emerge.

I see humans like a cattepillar I guess gross weak and stupid but over time it will flourish into a wonderful being.
My hatred of human kind is not because of actions so much as our weakness.

That hatred/love I have going on is why I'm pursuing my future goals in hopes to help advance humans even if it's in the slightest or I'm just a cog in a machine to do so :)

Individually I think people can be good and bad actually I think we all have potential for evil which is something I dislike in humans but yeah my reasons are mostly things out of our control which is why for the most part as much as I hate humankind as a whole I can be kind to people as they never asked for their bad sides and neither did I.


Do you think you are superior to everyone else because you hate others, to me it seems like you spent a little too much time by yourself, you don't have to speak in a poetic manner, we get it, you hate others. And how are you "pursuing my future goals in order to advance humanity", to me that is pretentious and far-fetched


No I'm not superior to anyone we are all human all the same you can see it as pretentious and far fetched but transhumanism is my goal I want to see humanity flourish.

I don't hate people in general I love all my friends you can still hate humanity but still care for people I just hate the darkness that lies in them and well of course myself.

Don't assume i think I'm superior because that's far from the truth infact I suffer from inferiority issues it's quite the opposite
29069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

karatecowboy wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Those who attack others for having a different opinion or for not sharing the same morals as them or opinion of what is morally ok or not (hint morality is subjective)

For example bit ago people were being attacked for looking at loli hentai i stood up for them because i don't see anything wrong with it myself....someone tracked me down and harassed my mother because i was for that stuff being legal and don't find it gross (heck i have looked at it before).

The fact people would go to reaches to harm people for not sharing their view DISGUSTS me.

lets see what else.....people who lie to people and betray them that also.


If morality is subjective then "murder is wrong" is an expression of opinion. Right and wrong then become just useful fictions. Killing someone for eating ice cream is just as valid as killing in self defense, because it's all subjective. Then, it all comes down to might makes right.


It is an opinion and subjective the universe doesn't seem it as right or wrong.
However we as a race have to take subjective things and decide what is best murder is wrong as it harms another being which is detrimental to progress and well life itself.

laws and rules made for the better for us start subjective they become what we call objective when the majority agree.
You could argue and objective right is something the majority agrees on back when slavery was around it was seen as an objective right.



Morals and right and wrong are not set in stone what is considered right and wrong and ethical can be changed and does change.
Just because murder is at its core subjectively wrong doesn't mean it's ok to murder someone or get away with it.

It all comes back to harm in the end.

That's moral subjectivism you can disagree with that branch of philosophy but it's the one that is most logical I find because if something was objectively moral it would be set in stone nothing could change it but morals differs per race culture and even species.


In the end right and wrong should be dictated by the impacts of an action not ethics or feelings but that's just my view there

Edit: objective morality also implies morality is absolute and I don't believe absolute things exist outside of the laws of nature and a few other circumstances.



Also from Rational wiki this sums a counter to the murder counter.

edit]The Murder Argument
A common argument in favor of objective morality is to assert that all societies agree that murder is wrong. However, murder is by definition the unlawful taking of life, so any agreement is merely that people within a society should obey the rules of society. For the argument to have any validity, all societies would have to agree on which types of killing constitute murder, but even a cursory review of human history shows this is not the case. Infanticide, which one might think would be universally reviled, was perfectly acceptable to the Romans and Spartans. Human sacrifice has been practiced by cultures around the world, as have judicial executions. The slaughter of civilians in war was widely accepted until fairly modern times. Some cultures did not consider it murder to kill people from other nations. In the Edo period, samurai had wide latitude to kill peasants over the slightest discourtesy. Unless there is at least one type of killing that is universally considered to be murder, it cannot be argued that all societies agree that murder is wrong in any meaningful sense.



At the end of the day I don't think there is a true answer as its a widely debated topic among humanity no one can come to agreements on all arguments have points made against them.

Moral nihilism is an interesting read whilst I don't fully agree with it the basis is well thought out
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.