First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What makes you hate mankind more than anything else?
8414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/17
CR
Banned
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

karatecowboy wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Those who attack others for having a different opinion or for not sharing the same morals as them or opinion of what is morally ok or not (hint morality is subjective)

For example bit ago people were being attacked for looking at loli hentai i stood up for them because i don't see anything wrong with it myself....someone tracked me down and harassed my mother because i was for that stuff being legal and don't find it gross (heck i have looked at it before).

The fact people would go to reaches to harm people for not sharing their view DISGUSTS me.

lets see what else.....people who lie to people and betray them that also.


If morality is subjective then "murder is wrong" is an expression of opinion. Right and wrong then become just useful fictions. Killing someone for eating ice cream is just as valid as killing in self defense, because it's all subjective. Then, it all comes down to might makes right.


Morality is subjective.

...it just is not individual. Morality is more or less synonymous with the social contract: it is totally subjective, but it is a communal construct. If the majority of a community think something is wrong, it is morally wrong.

An individual can disagree with the community on morals, but personally disagreeing with the group morality won't make much difference to how they respond when you breach the social contract. Think murder is morally acceptable all you like; let me know how that works out for you.
10456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

outontheop wrote:

If morality is subjective then "murder is wrong" is an expression of opinion. Right and wrong then become just useful fictions. Killing someone for eating ice cream is just as valid as killing in self defense, because it's all subjective. Then, it all comes down to might makes right.


Morality is subjective.

...it just is not individual. Morality is more or less synonymous with the social contract: it is totally subjective, but it is a communal construct. If the majority of a community think something is wrong, it is morally wrong.

An individual can disagree with the community on morals, but personally disagreeing with the group morality won't make much difference to how they respond when you breach the social contract. Think murder is morally acceptable all you like; let me know how that works out for you.

This really just proves my point. Art is subjective. For example, traditionally symmetry is considered desirable and good, and asymmetry was considered unbalanced. Not so in traditional Japanese art. If morality were subjective then you couldn't smugly say "Let me know how that works out for you", because a society where murder is considered good would be just as likely to pop up as a society where it is considered wrong. Your own ideas about social contract betray you: if morality were subjective then a society with no social contract would be just as good as a society with a social contract. Or, for that matter, societies that punish violators of the social contract would be just as likely to pop up as those which do not.

It also proves my point that if morality is subjective then might makes right, and the only law is the law of the jungle. You cannot condemn genocidal maniacs as any worse than self-sacrificing heroes, because the only thing that matters is if they have the power to get away with it. Id Est: Might makes right.


We are created it God's image and he imbued us all with a conscience: the knowledge of good and evil. This is something church philosophers have beaten into the ground, and even just a little CS Lewis (you know: that Narnia guy) would expose you to it. No matter what example you come up with to try and prove morality is subjective, you will find within it an example of universal, objective morality. You cannot argue that evil and good are subjective without appealing to objective morality, ableit implicitly or tacitly.
502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/17
Your post is the reason
62 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/17
How most of society gets obsessed with the lives of celebrities and other superficial shit.
7112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/17
People who hurt or kill animals for fun. Why the hell would you do that?
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / O
Offline
Posted 8/1/17
Trump and all of his white supremacist NAZI supporters!
Banned
1272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / O / bendover
Offline
Posted 8/1/17
Greed, No Compassion, and Dishonesty
19371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/13/17
Why "hate" those you do not know? It is of no use and the "hate" changes not one thing. I try only to hate ideas and concepts, not the people trapped by their own "hate"
.
6308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 8/1/17 , edited 8/1/17
Looking at them, them looking at me, talking to them, them talking to me, driving behind them, and watching their shitty commercials.
5173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Cocoa Beach, Florida
Offline
Posted 8/1/17
Heavy.

I abhor the way some persons treat other persons.

I grieve for those who have been hurt.

I anger at those who would harm others.

I take joy in the beauty of those that care.

But hate is a waste of my mindspace.
3496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Seoul, South Korea
Offline
Posted 8/1/17
I'm not an edgelord so I don't hate mankind.
20548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / SoFlo
Online
Posted 8/1/17
People that hurt and abuse children are at the top of my list. Scum of the Earth.
20206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/17

karatecowboy wrote:



We are created it God's image and he imbued us all with a conscience


Sorry to break it to you. But god isn't real.

10456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 8/2/17

riverjustice wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:



We are created it God's image and he imbued us all with a conscience


Sorry to break it to you. But god isn't real.



So the Universe created itself? Big Bangs violate the laws of physics and cause themselves? Can you prove that there is no Creator?
1371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 8/2/17

karatecowboy wrote:


outontheop wrote:

If morality is subjective then "murder is wrong" is an expression of opinion. Right and wrong then become just useful fictions. Killing someone for eating ice cream is just as valid as killing in self defense, because it's all subjective. Then, it all comes down to might makes right.


Morality is subjective.

...it just is not individual. Morality is more or less synonymous with the social contract: it is totally subjective, but it is a communal construct. If the majority of a community think something is wrong, it is morally wrong.

An individual can disagree with the community on morals, but personally disagreeing with the group morality won't make much difference to how they respond when you breach the social contract. Think murder is morally acceptable all you like; let me know how that works out for you.


This really just proves my point. Art is subjective. For example, traditionally symmetry is considered desirable and good, and asymmetry was considered unbalanced. Not so in traditional Japanese art. If morality were subjective then you couldn't smugly say "Let me know how that works out for you", because a society where murder is considered good would be just as likely to pop up as a society where it is considered wrong. Your own ideas about social contract betray you: if morality were subjective then a society with no social contract would be just as good as a society with a social contract. Or, for that matter, societies that punish violators of the social contract would be just as likely to pop up as those which do not.

It also proves my point that if morality is subjective then might makes right, and the only law is the law of the jungle. You cannot condemn genocidal maniacs as any worse than self-sacrificing heroes, because the only thing that matters is if they have the power to get away with it. Id Est: Might makes right.


We are created it God's image and he imbued us all with a conscience: the knowledge of good and evil. This is something church philosophers have beaten into the ground, and even just a little CS Lewis (you know: that Narnia guy) would expose you to it. No matter what example you come up with to try and prove morality is subjective, you will find within it an example of universal, objective morality. You cannot argue that evil and good are subjective without appealing to objective morality, ableit implicitly or tacitly.


Excuse me for not following the whole conversation, but there is one key aspect of this that is missing
A society in which murder is condoned tends to not survive. They kill themselves off. People leave to take their chances elsewhere.
For another example, to play off the OP, consider drug use. A society in which drugs are more widely accepted would fall to stupor and inactivity, dependent on the drug, how long the society has been that way, and how fundamental drugs are in it's foundations. Even in society's where it's morally acceptable, it's is only so in moderation, religious rights, or in a controlled way.

Basically, there is a practical side to morality as well.
Even something more complex like piracy can be seen this way. Piracy hurts an industry, which hurts people. On a large scale, this ultimately kills the industry or makes it extremely stagnant. Meaning it produces nothing and whatever effect it cause removed. Since it was a industry, it can be assumed to have had some positive affect on people's happiness, so it's removal from a practical standpoint is morally repugnant.

And yes, the prior was predicated on the idea that happiness is a practical outcome.
1371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 8/2/17
The inability to separate opinions from logic. Let me explain.

It happens all the time on discussion boards. A post will get downvoted because someone disagrees. But for discussion oriented posts, upvote and downvote should not be agreeing or disagreeing. It should be saying whether or not this post has logical merit: is the idea well thought out, well-written, and relevant?

But that doesn't happen. People can't separate "I think X" from "that argument for Y is inherently good, even if I disagree."

Another related thing I hate is the internet echo chamber. People only have to hear opinion that are the same as there's. Prior, without the internet, you were surrounded by a more random group of people so the opinions were also more random. Now, you can find a website with a community that shares all your opinions. Or at least opinions on the topics related to the website.
This amplifies the prior point of separating opinions from logic by having each side only being fed strawmans of the other side.

Another partially related thing is not understanding design of experiments. I can understand if they don't know all the formula, or understand uncertainty fully, or get everything.
But let's say Home and Gardens runs a survey on how many people have a garden and try to present the results as that % of people having gardens. If a person can't understand why that statistic is going to be inherently skewed, there's a problem.


Ignorance, as OP Posted, is also on the list
As in the lack of a desire to learn or grow/improve as a person.
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/2/17 , edited 8/2/17
How humanity is quicker to disgust and hostility to those they don't understand or those who require help instead of actually doing something constructive or compassionate.

No matter what time, humanity always picks some group of people to see as disgusting or inhuman and eventually humanity accepts those people or helps those people but not until after those people suffer greatly for humanities hostility and disgust.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.