Post Reply i´mnot from sweden anymore
3 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/5/17
never say what the acutal country are from because if you do you might as well go to a different streaming platform (that is free) and just whatch it there sence aperently crunchyroll thinks it is a F...... great idea to block peaple from certain countrys from watching certain anime and manga apparently they think that it is a great idea to make peaple stop supporting the creators that make the content that they whant to watch by bloking them from whatching it. so in essence what i`m trying to say here is stop blocking peaple because we will just use a different platfom than this S...y one that you have here.
i`m out.
Posted 5/5/17
Its not that they are blocking people from certain country's. There is licensing issues in the country, its not cr's fault.
Der Zoodirektor
25957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 5/5/17

lizzo800 wrote:

never say what the acutal country are from because if you do you might as well go to a different streaming platform (that is free) and just whatch it there sence aperently crunchyroll thinks it is a F...... great idea to block peaple from certain countrys from watching certain anime and manga apparently they think that it is a great idea to make peaple stop supporting the creators that make the content that they whant to watch by bloking them from whatching it. so in essence what i`m trying to say here is stop blocking peaple because we will just use a different platfom than this S...y one that you have here.
i`m out.


We are no blocking people on a whim. Regions are oftentimes split up between multiple companies by the licensors in Japan. These deals are usually exclusive, so it is not possible for multiple services to have the same series at the same time. If a title is not available in Sweden, it often means that some other service has bought the rights to the show.
83420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Right behind you!
Offline
Posted 5/5/17
Also, it's not what country you say you're from. It's based on IP geolocation.
21031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/17
So what are CR doing to try and fix this issue? becuse im on my last legs here, im considering dropping my sub and get my anime from somewhere else...
Der Zoodirektor
25957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 5/14/17

iboh wrote:

So what are CR doing to try and fix this issue? becuse im on my last legs here, im considering dropping my sub and get my anime from somewhere else...


The only way to get access to certain series is by working with the local publisher holding the rights. In most cases that would be a company in the UK for Sweden. Those companies need to be willing to do this. It's entirely possible that they prefer to only make titles available on disc, for example.
21031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/17
Ok, then i have to ask another question, why should i as a customer pay the same fee as a US customer? but im getting less for my money? isn't that something CR can do something about? or am i just less worth then a US customer?
Der Zoodirektor
25957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 5/14/17

iboh wrote:

Ok, then i have to ask another question, why should i as a customer pay the same fee as a US customer? but im getting less for my money? isn't that something CR can do something about? or am i just less worth then a US customer?


Your membership fee is split 50/50 between Crunchyroll and the publishers of the series you actually watch. E.g. your money does NOT go towards shows that you cannot or do not watch.
Crunchyroll uses the other 50% to pay for the personnel, servers, translation, transaction fees, etc.

If you look at the user numbers, strictly speaking our US customers are financing the availability of titles in your country, not the other way around.
21031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/14/17
Does not change the fact that i have to pay more for less... whatever... bye CR
105325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/14/17 , edited 5/14/17

iboh wrote:

Does not change the fact that i have to pay more for less... whatever... bye CR

If you are paying in Euros, you are paying less, not more:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-982031/thanks-a-million-a-week-of-celebration-and-prizes?fpid=55721641

Current that would be US$5.46 (vs. the $6.95 we pay).

Der Zoodirektor
25957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 5/14/17

TheAncientOne wrote:


iboh wrote:

Does not change the fact that i have to pay more for less... whatever... bye CR

If you are paying in Euros, you are paying less, not more:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-982031/thanks-a-million-a-week-of-celebration-and-prizes?fpid=55721641

Current that would be US$5.46 (vs. the $6.95 we pay).



Sweden is not part of the Eurozone, which is why they default to USD.
You must be logged in to post.