First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply How much saving $$$$ you got?
Posted 5/8/17 , edited 5/8/17
I have 20$ and a pack of gum
Posted 5/8/17

Dark_Alma wrote:
For my savings for retirement, I want to have $3,000,000 in savings by the time I retire. This is so I can have $90,000 in interest every year after retirement.

I will make $120,000 or so per year after I climb the ladder. If I work 30 years, I will make $3,600,000. That obviously wont cut it, so I would need to work 40 years or so for my desired goal. Retiring at 65 here I come?

Edit: I forgot to add investing in. Maybe I could do it in 30 years if my investments go well.


With investments, I could probably retire within 3-4 years (I'm 33). But most of my investments that paid off well (thanks, GOOG/Alphabet) came from money that was due to a tragedy in my life (mother passing as a teenager, specifically). Projections like that one you've made sound good on paper but tend to forget about some of the expansion of lifestyle that comes with the progression of life (vehicles die, relocating/moving, children/relationships... and so on).

At the end of the day, you just need to make sure that you stash enough away to keep you going in case something drastic happens. Nothing's worse than losing your job unexpectedly without any savings or if you lose a loved one (and taking the front of the funeral costs). Then there are the unexpected medical things in life. One never knows what life will throw at them. The only thing you can do is make sure you're insulated when or if things fall.

12305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 5/8/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:
For my savings for retirement, I want to have $3,000,000 in savings by the time I retire. This is so I can have $90,000 in interest every year after retirement.

I will make $120,000 or so per year after I climb the ladder. If I work 30 years, I will make $3,600,000. That obviously wont cut it, so I would need to work 40 years or so for my desired goal. Retiring at 65 here I come?

Edit: I forgot to add investing in. Maybe I could do it in 30 years if my investments go well.


With investments, I could probably retire within 3-4 years (I'm 33). But most of my investments that paid off well (thanks, GOOG/Alphabet) came from money that was due to a tragedy in my life (mother passing as a teenager, specifically). Projections like that one you've made sound good on paper but tend to forget about some of the expansion of lifestyle that comes with the progression of life (vehicles die, relocating/moving, children/relationships... and so on).

At the end of the day, you just need to make sure that you stash enough away to keep you going in case something drastic happens. Nothing's worse than losing your job unexpectedly without any savings or if you lose a loved one (and taking the front of the funeral costs). Then there are the unexpected medical things in life. One never knows what life will throw at them. The only thing you can do is make sure you're insulated when or if things fall.



I am not too fussed with my savings. I will make $70,000 average starting salary if they hire me. Of that, I tend to need $30,000 to $40,000 to live my lifestyle I enjoy. The rest can go into savings.

Also, I already have multiple budgets planned out.
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/8/17
some of you are well prepared, kudos to you guys!!

as for me.....i'm in debt
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/8/17
I can't believe people are actually putting how much money they have on a public thread on the internet. Do you want to be targeted?
Posted 5/8/17

Rujikin wrote:

I can't believe people are actually putting how much money they have on a public thread on the internet. Do you want to be targeted?


I haven't put numbers, specifically. Just a "roundabout" amount I could survive on via savings. Most that could be done is someone committing identity theft - which I'm well-protected against (even if it does happen, I'm secured on multiple levels). At the end of the day, with enough information and digging it's possible to find out anything about anyone on the internet. Posting information publicly doesn't really make things more or less secure at the end of the day.
13044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Minne-snow-ta!
Offline
Posted 5/8/17
I try to keep enough for at least 6 months of living expenses, food, etc. Otherwise, it all goes to paying my student loans.
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/8/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

I can't believe people are actually putting how much money they have on a public thread on the internet. Do you want to be targeted?


I haven't put numbers, specifically. Just a "roundabout" amount I could survive on via savings. Most that could be done is someone committing identity theft - which I'm well-protected against (even if it does happen, I'm secured on multiple levels). At the end of the day, with enough information and digging it's possible to find out anything about anyone on the internet. Posting information publicly doesn't really make things more or less secure at the end of the day.


Only if people are naive enough to post personal information on the internet. Keep on posting useful information that will keep them focused on you instead of me.
Posted 5/8/17

Rujikin wrote:

Only if people are naive enough to post personal information on the internet. Keep on posting useful information that will keep them focused on you instead of me.


The fact that you've signed up on Crunchyroll is enough to start investigating into who you are as a person, where you live, and where you work. I'm sure you've spent enough time noticing how /pol/ and /r/The_Donald love to dox people. Stating one's income isn't enough to dox someone alone. But I leave enough breadcrumbs that I know how much can be found on me - believing you're in a false sense of security because you don't "post personal information online" .. well, that's on you.
15072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Silent Hill
Offline
Posted 5/8/17
Enough to still have my crunchy-roll.....so.....IMO I'm ballin! XDXD
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/8/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Only if people are naive enough to post personal information on the internet. Keep on posting useful information that will keep them focused on you instead of me.


The fact that you've signed up on Crunchyroll is enough to start investigating into who you are as a person, where you live, and where you work. I'm sure you've spent enough time noticing how /pol/ and /r/The_Donald love to dox people. Stating one's income isn't enough to dox someone alone. But I leave enough breadcrumbs that I know how much can be found on me - believing you're in a false sense of security because you don't "post personal information online" .. well, that's on you.




Anyone else reading this, be smart. Post as little personal information about yourself as possible on the internet, ideally none.
26548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / FL
Offline
Posted 5/8/17
6 dollars, but last year I had around 1,500 at most
74616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/17
Seems like most people on crunchy are rich... or i'm just really poor... yeah that's probably it.
*retreats back into cave*
27344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/17 , edited 5/8/17
$8-9k at the moment, I think, if I scrape up everything I have everywhere and consolidate it. Not that much. Enough to keep myself from eating my paycheck at the end of every pay period but not enough to sit back on for sure.
Posted 5/8/17
I have around 1k rn. Hopefully, I can put away more once I graduated from school and get a proper job.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.