First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Hit and Run
Posted 5/10/17
illegal immigrant deported 15 times returns to hit a boy.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/10/illegal-immigrant-deported-15-times-arrested-in-hit-run-crash-that-hurt-6-year-old-boy.html

> So my question once again the system is broken! and why do these cities not want work with ICE this topic goes on?
387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / ☿ / PDX
Offline
Posted 5/10/17
This is not an immigration issue. Don't bring unrelated information into the real issue here.
This is an issue of a criminal and a heartless, negligent asshole that was justifiably arrested.

By saying, "Oh, he was an illegal immigrant, the system is broken, cities need to cooperate with ICE" you're in the same mindset as idiots who say that people commit crimes because of video games. This guy didn't commit a crime just because he happened to be an immigrant. He committed a crime because he is a criminal. Don't confuse those subjects. Don't blame his actions on his original nationality.
456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 5/10/17
fucking lock him up just another no good person and this time don't relese him.
Banned
22807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 5/10/17

Hazard wrote:

This is not an immigration issue. Don't bring unrelated information into the real issue here.
This is an issue of a criminal and a heartless, negligent asshole that was justifiably arrested.

By saying, "Oh, he was an illegal immigrant, the system is broken, cities need to cooperate with ICE" you're in the same mindset as idiots who say that people commit crimes because of video games. This guy didn't commit a crime just because he happened to be an immigrant. He committed a crime because he is a criminal. Don't confuse those subjects. Don't blame his actions on his original nationality.


come on dude that is all they have don't take that away from them
Posted 5/10/17

Hazard wrote:

This is not an immigration issue. Don't bring unrelated information into the real issue here.


Denial ain't just a river in Egypt
Posted 5/10/17 , edited 5/10/17

Hazard wrote:

This is not an immigration issue. Don't bring unrelated information into the real issue here.
This is an issue of a criminal and a heartless, negligent asshole that was justifiably arrested.

By saying, "Oh, he was an illegal immigrant, the system is broken, cities need to cooperate with ICE" you're in the same mindset as idiots who say that people commit crimes because of video games. This guy didn't commit a crime just because he happened to be an immigrant. He committed a crime because he is a criminal. Don't confuse those subjects. Don't blame his actions on his original nationality.


> Looks like you did not read the article and i disagree immigration is a problem.
1886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 5/10/17 , edited 5/10/17
if you think the immigration problem is bad now wait another 10 to 20 years when they have to evacuate the entire middle east because its so hot it cant support human life you have not seen anything yet.
21885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


Hazard wrote:

This is not an immigration issue. Don't bring unrelated information into the real issue here.


Denial ain't just a river in Egypt


AHA -coughed- thank you I will be using this in the future
21885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/17

gsm642 wrote:

if you think the immigration problem is bad now wait another 10 to 20 years when they have to evacuate the entire middle east because its so hot it cant support human life you have not seen anything yet.


welp, that just gave me something to think about

I think once im married im moving to japan where they don't tolerate this mass immigration bs
3062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 5/10/17
I am reminded of Buckley's preference for being led by the first thousand people in the Boston phone book rather than by the faculty of Harvard. This thread quite nicely dispenses with his preference.
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/10/17

Hazard wrote:

This is not an immigration issue. Don't bring unrelated information into the real issue here.
This is an issue of a criminal and a heartless, negligent asshole that was justifiably arrested.

By saying, "Oh, he was an illegal immigrant, the system is broken, cities need to cooperate with ICE" you're in the same mindset as idiots who say that people commit crimes because of video games. This guy didn't commit a crime just because he happened to be an immigrant. He committed a crime because he is a criminal. Don't confuse those subjects. Don't blame his actions on his original nationality.


It is an immigration issue. Had he not been able to illegally enter 15 times the crime would have never happened.

Also how is actively committing a crime 15 times and fear of someone committing a crime because of video games even close?!

1373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ
Offline
Posted 5/10/17

he hit that

runec 
39010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/10/17 , edited 5/10/17

MysteryMiss wrote:
> So my question once again the system is broken! and why do these cities not want work with ICE this topic goes on?


Given how many times he was thrown out the issue isn't with sanctuary cities or the system not working here.

The problem is that is San Ysidro quite literally sits right on the border. This is a point where two major cities, one on each side, have grown right up against each other at the border. This is what the border looks like there:



And no, a 20 foot border wall would not seal that up if you could even manage to build one there through geographical, political and legal hurdles.

So that kind of leaves you with two options: Throw them out or throw them in your own prison in which case you are paying ( probably a private company of the prison industrial complex ) to house and feed a non-citizen. In a prison system that is already critically overcrowded due to your obsession with minimum sentences and the catastrophic failure that is the War of Drugs(tm).

This makes for a nice ragebait headline for the anti-immigration crowd but it has no good or easy solution and honestly, you could find plenty of equally infuriating DUI stories of American citizens still driving around after multiple DUIs.
Posted 5/10/17

runec wrote:

This makes for a nice ragebait headline for the anti-immigration crowd but it has no good or easy solution and honestly, you could find plenty of equally infuriating DUI stories of American citizens still driving around after multiple DUIs.


GPS implants on deportees. Just say its a vaccine so they don't try to dig it out.
Sure you can find 'infuriating' DUI incidents done by Americans. They at least have a much higher chance of being prosecuted because they have documentation, unlike most illegals that can come and go with different IDs at will.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.