First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Assign job based on brain scan
23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:
Yes we do have the power to adapt but that doesn't mean we can rewire ourselves to have infinite information and continuously grow.
such a thing is called "Compensating"
http://www.ccbi.cmu.edu/news/Doctors%20Guide_Stroke.htm


I've got computers to store infinite information. All I got to do is process that infinite information not store it.

23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:
I don't limit myself i believe i can reach my max potential i believe in science and the truth.
I dont want to wallow in pity and failure also i will succeed what i dream of but i know the fact that humans have limits.
Limits are not imaginary to say they are is to say human potential is limitless which is just plain stupidity.

Also everything in the world is logical what you posted is logical it can be explained by science via how humans act and believe there is nothing illogical about humans doing something irrational infact it's normal for a human to be irrational.

once again you have proven you don't know what you are talking about if the universe had one thing that wasn't logical then well we might as well say the laws of physics don't exist.

Everything can be explained.


Now your talking like Hillary. Don't be like Hillary. Be a winner like Trump. Don't doubt your abilities or limit your potential.

Humans are the very definition of illogical. We put our lives at risk for a cheap thrill or just because we are bored. .

31295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Rujikin wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Yes we do have the power to adapt but that doesn't mean we can rewire ourselves to have infinite information and continuously grow.
such a thing is called "Compensating"
http://www.ccbi.cmu.edu/news/Doctors%20Guide_Stroke.htm


I've got computers to store infinite information. All I got to do is process that infinite information not store it.



No you don't Computers store finite information.
such a bad troll.
31295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Rujikin wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
I don't limit myself i believe i can reach my max potential i believe in science and the truth.
I dont want to wallow in pity and failure also i will succeed what i dream of but i know the fact that humans have limits.
Limits are not imaginary to say they are is to say human potential is limitless which is just plain stupidity.

Also everything in the world is logical what you posted is logical it can be explained by science via how humans act and believe there is nothing illogical about humans doing something irrational infact it's normal for a human to be irrational.

once again you have proven you don't know what you are talking about if the universe had one thing that wasn't logical then well we might as well say the laws of physics don't exist.

Everything can be explained.


Now your talking like Hillary. Don't be like Hillary. Be a winner like Trump. Don't doubt your abilities or limit your potential.

Humans are the very definition of illogical. We put our lives at risk for a cheap thrill or just because we are bored. .



That is logical there are logical reasons to why humans do that


logical: of or according to the rules of logic or formal argument.

Human irrationality is following the rules of logic of human behaviour and is therefore logical.
Trump isn't a winner and you are just a shitty troll i don't doubt my abilities or limit my potential.
31295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Rujikin wrote:


iofhua wrote:

Once you've reached adulthood and your brain is fully developed, I don't think you can improve your intelligence anymore. At that point all you can do is improve your knowledge through rote memorization and develop new skills through muscle memory.

Sure you could score better on IQ tests by practicing taking IQ tests, but again that's just another example of rote memorization and muscle memory. I don't think it proves you're actually getting smarter than you were beforehand.

A person's capacity for raw intelligence, meaning how quickly they can learn things and grasp new concepts, is heavily influenced by genetics.


I'm learning new concepts all of the time. Heck I am learning Japanese because why the fuck not, never tried to learn till in college. Actually as an adult I learned so many foreign concepts I had a tough time grasping that my brain was exploding. So much sleeping after school to rewire my brain.

So I am learning from this thread the reason some people are so bad at computers. They think like this :P


Yes and eventually you will start to forget information you have learnt unless you keep at it and you can only do so many things at once eventually the brain deletes old information to make way for new information.

You can learn new concepts all the time but your brain is by all means fully developed.
No amount of rewiring something can change limits being bad a t comptuers is something you can learn but thinking like this is not why people are bad at computers infact the brightest minds in the world thing like this they know that limits exist.

696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17
Doubt you're serious but I'll entertain the ideas here

a) "simple brain scan". No such thing. Many types exist, most of which are limited in scope and expensive
b) intelligence is loosely defined. Find me one experts can agree on. Sorting hat was based on personality and not cognitive ability anyway
c) growing brain =/= growing intelligence. The learning process involves culling weaker synaptic connections just as much as creating and reinforcing new ones
d) if some are born smarter than others, you're better off analysing their genome than their brain
e) said genomic analysis tells only half the story without looking at gene-environment interactions. Good luck scanning that.
f) celery sucks
23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Yes we do have the power to adapt but that doesn't mean we can rewire ourselves to have infinite information and continuously grow.
such a thing is called "Compensating"
http://www.ccbi.cmu.edu/news/Doctors%20Guide_Stroke.htm


I've got computers to store infinite information. All I got to do is process that infinite information not store it.



No you don't Computers store finite information.
such a bad troll.


Computers are expandable and there is no limits on how many computers and storage drives you can link together. Therefore as knowledge expands into infinity so too can the storage capacity of computers.
23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


iofhua wrote:

Once you've reached adulthood and your brain is fully developed, I don't think you can improve your intelligence anymore. At that point all you can do is improve your knowledge through rote memorization and develop new skills through muscle memory.

Sure you could score better on IQ tests by practicing taking IQ tests, but again that's just another example of rote memorization and muscle memory. I don't think it proves you're actually getting smarter than you were beforehand.

A person's capacity for raw intelligence, meaning how quickly they can learn things and grasp new concepts, is heavily influenced by genetics.


I'm learning new concepts all of the time. Heck I am learning Japanese because why the fuck not, never tried to learn till in college. Actually as an adult I learned so many foreign concepts I had a tough time grasping that my brain was exploding. So much sleeping after school to rewire my brain.

So I am learning from this thread the reason some people are so bad at computers. They think like this :P


Yes and eventually you will start to forget information you have learnt unless you keep at it and you can only do so many things at once eventually the brain deletes old information to make way for new information.

You can learn new concepts all the time but your brain is by all means fully developed.
No amount of rewiring something can change limits being bad a t comptuers is something you can learn but thinking like this is not why people are bad at computers infact the brightest minds in the world thing like this they know that limits exist.



People forget stuff your point?

Concepts are just data and processing of data. Your brain can enhance its processing of data by building more connections. Your brain can take something impossible to process at the present and make it easily processable in the future should you not worry about limits.


31295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Rujikin wrote:

Computers are expandable and there is no limits on how many computers and storage drives you can link together. Therefore as knowledge expands into infinity so too can the storage capacity of computers.



Yes but the storage drives themselves have limits unless you rebuild them which you cannot do a human mind.
Knowledge cannot expand to infinity in a human mind

Linking together human minds is actually in the works because it's a way around the age old problem of human limitations right now we only have the primitive solution of working together from what we personally know because each individual has their own limits and different abilities.

Human brains are not expandable unless you are to edit them and add onto them which would require technology we don't have plus do damage to you as a person.

The human mind is flexible but it has limited growth even now it's suspected we are at the peak of our evolution atleast for brain growth.
31295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Rujikin wrote:

People forget stuff your point?

Concepts are just data and processing of data. Your brain can enhance its processing of data by building more connections. Your brain can take something impossible to process at the present and make it easily processable in the future should you not worry about limits.




Your brain has finite connections it cannot create connections out of nothing everything has to come from somewhere to make something out of nothing would break the first law of thermodynamics.

The brain cannot process something impossible to process at the present and process it in the future unless it was just processional all along you just didn't have the applicable knowledge to figure it out your base intelligence is still the same potential wise.

You don't understand how the brain processes information very well.

People forgetting stuff is because there is a limit they have to make room and delete unnecessary data.
23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Yes but the storage drives themselves have limits unless you rebuild them which you cannot do a human mind.
Knowledge cannot expand to infinity in a human mind

Linking together human minds is actually in the works because it's a way around the age old problem of human limitations right now we only have the primitive solution of working together from what we personally know because each individual has their own limits and different abilities.

Human brains are not expandable unless you are to edit them and add onto them which would require technology we don't have plus do damage to you as a person.

The human mind is flexible but it has limited growth even now it's suspected we are at the peak of our evolution atleast for brain growth.


I said computers not individual drives. Computers are infinitely expandable just as is knowledge. Through computers and my mind I can process far more than either could by themselves.

Haha! Peak of evolution for brain growth. Look at how far we have come since 1800. Every generation there are people who think we have hit the limit and every generation we break that self imposed limit.
33456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17
Stories have a purpose. They're written to show how horribly misguided some ideas are.

Short answer, NO

23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Your brain has finite connections it cannot create connections out of nothing everything has to come from somewhere to make something out of nothing would break the first law of thermodynamics.

The brain cannot process something impossible to process at the present and process it in the future unless it was just processional all along you just didn't have the applicable knowledge to figure it out your base intelligence is still the same potential wise.

You don't understand how the brain processes information very well.

People forgetting stuff is because there is a limit they have to make room and delete unnecessary data.


It makes connections out of raw materials I get by consuming rotting flesh and tissue. I am not lacking in resources.

I've learned abstract concepts that were completely foreign and unable to be processed by my mind by iterating over them over and over till my mind was finally able to add a part that was able to comprehend and think like it. I had the knowledge but the actual processing logic did not exist until I pushed by brain to the breaking point and it had to rework a few things. Seems you have never done such things, sad your missing out.
31295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Rujikin wrote:

I said computers not individual drives. Computers are infinitely expandable just as is knowledge. Through computers and my mind I can process far more than either could by themselves.

Haha! Peak of evolution for brain growth. Look at how far we have come since 1800. Every generation there are people who think we have hit the limit and every generation we break that self imposed limit.



We have the same level of potential intelligence as back then there just are better resources at applying it
31295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/11/17 , edited 5/12/17

Rujikin wrote:

It makes connections out of raw materials I get by consuming rotting flesh and tissue. I am not lacking in resources.

I've learned abstract concepts that were completely foreign and unable to be processed by my mind by iterating over them over and over till my mind was finally able to add a part that was able to comprehend and think like it. I had the knowledge but the actual processing logic did not exist until I pushed by brain to the breaking point and it had to rework a few things. Seems you have never done such things, sad your missing out.


That's not how the brain works you fool consuming meat doesn't add to your brain.

I'm not missing out because what your saying goes against science.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.