WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply "call it by name" pence says isis is guilty of genocide against christians
Banned
21684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/11/vice-president-pence-isis-genocide-against-christians/101552368/
I believe that ISIS is guilty of nothing short of genocide against people of the Christian faith, and it is time for the world to call it by name," Pence said at a speech to the World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians,
"In Iraq at the hands of extremists, we have actually seen monasteries demolished, priests and monks beheaded, and the two-millennia-old Christian tradition in Mosul virtually extinguished overnight," Pence said. "In Syria, we see ancient communities burned to the ground, we see believers tortured for confessing Christ and women and children sold into the most terrible form of human slavery
Pence said that radical Islamic terror groups also persecute members of other non-Christian faiths and even Muslims who do not share their version of Islam.

But "the practitioners of terror harbor a special hatred for the followers of Christ, and none more so than the barbarians known as ISIS," he said

Know today with assurance that President Trump sees these crimes for what they are: vile acts of persecution animated by hatred for the gospel of Christ," he said.
Pence also promised that the Trump administration will act to protect religions freedom — for both Christians and non-Christians — around the world



finally, about time something is at least said
5796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Outer Orbit
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/13/17
Yeah, very much like christians, claiming anything as long as it makes them look like the victim, the martyr.... Whether that is the case or not.
It would be nice if someone with power to do so finally -did- something decisive about ISIS besides arguing who gets hurt the most by them, because there are so many groups of people hurt by them and pretty much noone would mind if they just dissapeared from the planet overnight.
20374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
I agree with the notion that ISIS is committing acts of genocide. Religious difference, even among the same general faith, is genocide as well, so I do not see why Christians do not meet the criteria.
8743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
Who said they weren't?
Banned
21684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I agree with the notion that ISIS is committing acts of genocide. Religious difference, even among the same general faith, is genocide as well, so I do not see why Christians do not meet the criteria.


because some people refuse to admit that things like this can happen to Christians
Banned
21684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Who said they weren't?


it wasn't that it was said that it wasn't happening, its that no one would admit it, or put it to name

that name being genocide, its kinda like how it took a long time for the Armenian genocide to be reconized
8743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

redokami wrote:


because some people refuse to admit that things like this can happen to Christians


like who?
Banned
21684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


redokami wrote:


because some people refuse to admit that things like this can happen to Christians


like who?


I recall a thread from mystigon about Christians being persecuted and some users said we only want to "be a victim" and that it wasnthappening
edit: also governments, it is rarely talked about, much less admit its genocide
8743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

redokami wrote:

I recall a thread from mystigon about Christians being persecuted and some users said we only want to "be a victim" and that it wasnthappening


From what I can tell, the issue there is that American Christians often claim they're being oppressed in the U.S. and like to point to persecution of Christians in Middle East as proof.
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
Yes- mystic had a thread up:
>Nearly 90,000 of the faithful were killed for their beliefs in violent and gruesome attacks last year, according to a report by the Center for Studies on New Religions, making Christians the most persecuted group in the world.

>Many will deny it cause the hate is strong in them but good your bringing it up for discussion.
10153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


redokami wrote:

I recall a thread from mystigon about Christians being persecuted and some users said we only want to "be a victim" and that it wasnthappening


From what I can tell, the issue there is that American Christians often claim they're being oppressed in the U.S. and like to point to persecution of Christians in Middle East as proof.


Yea, that is the issue that bothers me. In the USA the Christians play the victim card. Christians of America are spoiled rotten, they have no excuse to use the card. Send the babies to play with ISIS or any other religion based extremism group if they want to see persecution...

Christians are killed worldwide, sure... So are followers of every other religion (maybe minus Buddhism... Everyone seems to like them).
8743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

Dark_Alma wrote:


Yea, that is the issue that bothers me. In the USA the Christians play the victim card. Christians of America are spoiled rotten, they have no excuse to use the card. Send the babies to play with ISIS or any other religion based extremism group if they want to see persecution...

Christians are killed worldwide, sure... So are followers of every other religion (maybe minus Buddhism... Everyone seems to like them).


I do think one distinction needs to be made. It's almost exclusively conservative Christians who are obsessed with self-victimization. I rarely ever see it from Christians on the left.
5285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

Dark_Alma wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:


redokami wrote:

I recall a thread from mystigon about Christians being persecuted and some users said we only want to "be a victim" and that it wasnthappening


From what I can tell, the issue there is that American Christians often claim they're being oppressed in the U.S. and like to point to persecution of Christians in Middle East as proof.


Yea, that is the issue that bothers me. In the USA the Christians play the victim card. Christians of America are spoiled rotten, they have no excuse to use the card. Send the babies to play with ISIS or any other religion based extremism group if they want to see persecution...

Christians are killed worldwide, sure... So are followers of every other religion (maybe minus Buddhism... Everyone seems to like them).


Kinda like feminists in the USA.

10153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I do think one distinction needs to be made. It's almost exclusively conservative Christians who are obsessed with self-victimization. I rarely ever see it from Christians on the left.


That is true. They have a hard on for a persecution complex. "They are gunna take all muh gunz!" "Christians are a hated minority here!" "But they only offered me $40,000 scholarship!"

I have seen all 3 of these in person. It makes me cry a little inside.

Edit: A lot of my friends are left Christians. They don't take offense that I don't believe in god, nor do I take offence that they worship one. They also never try to convert me. I quite like that. Most of the people who take offense about it or try to convert me come from the right. It is a joke with my friends "Merry Christmas ye heathen!" I always say "Happy holidays you nutcases!" back.

Its nice being able to joke about this kind of stuff without getting my head chopped off.
10509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
You dont have to be Christian to be a "victim" of Islam. Just a non believer.
I mean just look at what religion the middle east used to be before Islam conquered it.
But yeah, i dont have a problem with Christian Syrian refugess seeking refuge as much as the Muslim ones. Bafflesd me that Europe is taking in countless amounts of Muslims that are not even from Syria. Not even from the middle east either (North Africa).
From what i understand the Muslims are doing the same shit to the Christians in lebanon.
But yeah Hindus have had issues with Muslims. Iam hearing stories about Muslim violence towards Buddists in parts of Asia more also.

As for Christians playing the victim well, i dont see Christians going around killing people in the name of god. In Australia we're mostly athiests so we dont play the Christian card so much, but i do still consider Australia a Christian counrty with Christian values. But we're not drivin by religious law.
I guess America and some parts of Europe are very strong in their Chritian beliefs. I suppose many consider the US military as "Christians" killing Muslims. But it's not in the name of god, it's not a holy war. Isn't genocide. I mean you could argue it is in some ways but it's not a convert or die and we're going to slaughter you and take your women and breed you out and erase you.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.