First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply "call it by name" pence says isis is guilty of genocide against christians
21885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/12/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:

You dont have to be Christian to be a "victim" of Islam. Just a non believer.
I mean just look at what religion the middle east used to be before Islam conquered it.
But yeah, i dont have a problem with Christian Syrian refugess seeking refuge as much as the Muslim ones. Bafflesd me that Europe is taking in countless amounts of Muslims that are not even from Syria. Not even from the middle east either (North Africa).
From what i understand the Muslims are doing the same shit to the Christians in lebanon.
But yeah Hindus have had issues with Muslims. Iam hearing stories about Muslim violence towards Buddists in parts of Asia more also.

As for Christians playing the victim well, i dont see Christians going around killing people in the name of god. In Australia we're mostly athiests so we dont play the Christian card so much, but i do still consider Australia a Christian counrty with Christian values. But we're not drivin by religious law.
I guess America and some parts of Europe are very strong in their Chritian beliefs. I suppose many consider the US military as "Christians" killing Muslims. But it's not in the name of god, it's not a holy war. Isn't genocide. I mean you could argue it is in some ways but it's not a convert or die and we're going to slaughter you and take your women and breed you out and erase you.


Shhhh they dontlike logic
1792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Spokane, Washingt...
Offline
Posted 5/12/17
I honestly don't care for Pence. But at least I can commend him for saying what is obvious, but people don't want to admit.

Although saying specifically Christians is also not my thing. Though it would make it easier to comprehend how evil they are if their is a decent group to be a martyr. Unfortunately, kinda like the jews and nazis. Much easier to paint nazis as bad people when you say they rip innocent jews that are hiding from them out of their homes in terror, then force them to slave labor or just gas them.
67773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 5/12/17
Christianity definitely has had it's fair share of genocidal periods (the Crusades might be an example).
-OlE- 
1279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Nebraska
Online
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/12/17
pretty sure ISIS is committing genocide against anyone who doesn't get on board with their particular brand of barbarism, Christians are not unique in that way. I mean its a nice statement but i think most people realize at this point that ISIS is bad lol. the particular faith (or lack there of) of the people they persecute is inconsequential IMO.
51656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/17
Pence is a piece of crap that spouts hate speech, don't really care what he has to say.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/17
A broken clock is right once a day.
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 5/12/17 , edited 5/13/17
It's true. My grandpa has been telling me about the Christian genocide and persecution overseas for YEARS. Probably since before this kinda thing was all over the news, and for the longest time I didn't really get what he was talking about.

People try to cast doubt on Christians but the fact remains that our holy book doesn't tell us that it's okay to kill another, and it doesn't provide us with instructions on how to do it - the Quran does, in frightening detail. People toss "The Crusades" out there and act like "gotcha!" - the Crusades were countering hundreds of years of lost territory and religious war and that's how the campaigns of the crusades got their beginning in the first place. The conflict is not new, it's the WAY OF LIFE for people who truly believe the Quran and take it seriously. What is happening right now is a direct extension of why the Crusades happened, because now as was back a thousand years ago, their way of life involves raping and dominating all others in the name of Islam - it wasn't just Christians going around killing Muslims - it might have been brutal - but that's what happens when you start religious wars, people just may have a response to it. I'm so sick of hearing shallow "but the crusades!" arguments when the people making them don't know the first thing about why the crusades came to be. When a conflict has been going on for hundreds of years, progressively, and spreading like CANCER, the Crusades WILL HAPPEN.

The claim that ISIS are only doing what they do in response to countries like the USA bombing them is bullshit too. IF that were truly the case, the Islamic State would not be killing Muslims in their own countries the way that they are in places like Pakistan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. I would dare say they have an even BIGGER problem with terrorism than we do... were they bombing ...themselves, for not being Muslim enough? I must have missed that one, but that is indeed what is happening. Sounds like a wonderful faith.

Have you ever gotten a good look at the type of person who spreads negative stereotypes about Christians? I don't mean to be judgmental, but they're usually inked up with pentagrams and have more piercings on their face than most people do on their entire body. I'm all for self-expression, but sometimes a bad egg looks like one on the outside, and that's the type that I encounter that try to sell me the message that "Christians are as bad as Muslims" - it's not true. The fundamentals of the faith are TOTALLY different. If you don't believe that I challenge you to do some reading on what exactly Muhammad wrote in the Quran - as directive for all "good muslims" or "muslims of faith" - it's pretty messed up stuff. There are well over 100 passages throughout the Quran that go into specifics about how and why it's okay to kill those who do not believe in Islam, and how they're less than human - much like how they believe women are less than human, and herd them with special "woman hitting" sticks. Absurd and offensive, I don't really care who you are, one should not be okay with a culture such as this.

It's just out of character for almost every serious Christian I know - they don't pick fights and they have not in my lifetime. I have yet to meet one Christian who was serious about his faith, who also thought he could go around picking fights. Most of the Christians I know donate, they volunteer, and they do all that other stuff that I'm willing to bet maybe one or two of us here on CR have ever done in our lives. I'll fight to the death, when it comes to that, because I was instilled with a strong sense of right and wrong - the morality that Islam doesn't even bother teaching. The love, and the compassion - which their prophet says is "weakness" is what I hinge my every day on.

It's about time they call it what it is - because up until now I've been wondering why they have not been making a bigger deal of it outside of the church circles.

Oh yeah, and what the HELL is with all these "Hijab are so liberating" people suddenly? It's more like "you'll get your head smashed or stoned to death if you don't cover your face with one" in most Muslim majority nations. BIG DIFFERENCE FEMINISTS. I heard a heartbreaking story yesterday about a father who had his 13 year old daughter killed because her veil fell off during dinner. I mean what the f***... that's NORMAL over in those nations. That's their norm - that people in the west can't stop defending, and then they wonder why they're being attacked by "Sharia police" once their nations adopt that crap.
11945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/13/17 , edited 5/13/17

redokami wrote:


Shhhh they dontlike logic


Correct. Logic and common sense dose not apply to them. Neither do statistics and facts and examples and evidence. They have selective memories and only learn selective history or only choose to care about selective history also. And only watch selective media and not bother to learn about what is being covered up.


kadmos1 wrote:

Christianity definitely has had it's fair share of genocidal periods (the Crusades might be an example).


Oh no....not another one of those people whom are not educated or have not done their research about "the crusades"....
Iam not saying that Christians have not done their fair share of bad by the way. But i think you need to research some more about the crusades.

EDIT: on a side note, dose anyone give a fuck about white genocide in Zimbabwae and South Africa? Just asking.
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 5/13/17 , edited 5/13/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Oh no....not another one of those people whom are not educated or have not doent their research about "the crusades"....
Iam not saying that Christians have not done their fair share of bad by the way. But i think you need to research some more about the crusades.



I'm glad you said it, because I was in the process of typing up a whole 'nother full page post correcting that statement. That one really sets me off - the Crusades are pretty well documented. Muslims hold a grudge over it, but they were doing what they're doing now long before the Crusades ever happened, which is the entire reason they happened at all. Hostile takeovers full of rape and beheading do not go over well with the other guy.
11945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/13/17 , edited 5/13/17

VeggyZ wrote:


I'm glad you said it, because I was in the process of typing up a whole 'nother full page post correcting that statement. That one really sets me off - the Crusades are pretty well documented. Muslims hold a grudge over it, but they were doing what they're doing now long before the Crusades ever happened, which is the entire reason they happened at all. Hostile takeovers full of rape and beheading do not go over well with the other guy.




Yes Muslim invasion and conquest, rape and pillage , slavery of parts of Europe/Europeans. Crusades were retaliaton. Fighting back. Funny how history repeats huh?
79520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/17
Totally okay with recognizing "Christian genocide" at the hands of ISIS so long as we all recognize the "Muslim genocide" at the hands of the United States.

Moreover it must be said that the driving force behind said action is the "Christian" Americans in power that painted this as a holy war in the first place.

In claiming that "God tells us..." to act in any way that incites or continues military aggression, "Christian" leaders in the United States are just as guilty as those they call their enemies.
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 5/13/17 , edited 5/13/17

bigpinky wrote:

Totally okay with recognizing "Christian genocide" at the hands of ISIS so long as we all recognize the "Muslim genocide" at the hands of the United States.

Moreover it must be said that the driving force behind said action is the "Christian" Americans in power that painted this as a holy war in the first place.

In claiming that "God tells us..." to act in any way that incites or continues military aggression, "Christian" leaders in the United States are just as guilty as those they call their enemies.


I don't know what United States you live in - but we don't kill them here. They're allowed to live alongside the rest of us if they can be civil. Sometimes they don't even need that requisite.

And you're wrong, it isn't Christians with a holy book that SAYS it's goal is Jihad. The Quran says it. It states it's purpose, and gives instruction on how to wage jihad. That wasn't Christians, it was Muhammad.

As has been the case in the past, sometimes it takes violence to stop religious zealots. There's a huge difference between those two motives, glossing over it doesn't do anyone any good.
runec 
39010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/13/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:
From what I can tell, the issue there is that American Christians often claim they're being oppressed in the U.S. and like to point to persecution of Christians in Middle East as proof.


^ That. Its not that Christians aren't being killed elsewhere in the world, it's that the same group in the US that thinks Starbucks is oppressing them by changing their cups likes to think that Christians being killed elsewhere is proof that they're being oppressed in the States. Pence is shoveling fodder into that. Especially given that he is addressing Evangelicals in this instance.

Furthermore, said sentiment usually goes hand in hand with denying Christians are capable of such violence ( as they are elsewhere in the world ) in the same breath as holding Islam responsible for ALL of the violence committed by its followers. It comes across as the ultimate hypocritical "our shit doesn't stink" and that's why it ticks people off.



11945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/13/17

runec wrote:



Furthermore, said sentiment usually goes hand in hand with denying Christians are capable of such violence ( as they are elsewhere in the world ) in the same breath as holding Islam responsible for ALL of the violence committed by its followers. It comes across as the ultimate hypocritical "our shit doesn't stink" and that's why it ticks people off.





I still think that people far too often use a Christian with a mental illness as an example and will compare a nut job like that, who is literally insain to a Muslim extremist. By that i mean comparing someone with a mental condition to a religious extremist. Or a Muslim that is brainwashed and uneducated.
Comparing rare isntances to regular instances. Or occurrences.
I mean i know there have been alot of brain washed Christians in America that did indeed kill in the name of god or thought that they were doing gods bidding but i dont believe it to be on the scale of Muslims who feel they need to kill in the name of god/their religion. Or if not kill, Islmaise the place and push for Sharia law.
And i mean today, not 1000 years ago.
runec 
39010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/13/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:
I still think that people far too often use a Christian with a mental illness as an example and will compare a nut job like that, who is literally insain to a Muslim extremist. By that i mean comparing someone with a mental condition to a religious extremist. Or a Muslim that is brainwashed and uneducated.
Comparing rare isntances to regular instances. Or occurrences.
I mean i know there have been alot of brain washed Christians in America that did indeed kill in the name of god or thought that they were doing gods bidding but i dont believe it to be on the scale of Muslims who feel they need to kill in the name of god/their religion. Or if not kill, Islmaise the place and push for Sharia law.
And i mean today, not 1000 years ago.


I'm not referring to Christians in America. As I said, elsewhere in the world. Christian militias and such in Africa have done some amazingly heinous shit and are doing so right now. There's no act of violence you can point to from ISIS that can't be matched by the LRA for example. But the US media rarely pays any attention to Africa as a whole.

Though you are touching on another problem with the US media: Excusing a Christian extremist as mentally ill but pinning everything on an Islamic extremist. Like anyone that goes out and murders people for some "higher" purpose is mentally stable. Christian extremists are always portrayed as lone wolves while Islamic extremists are always part of a larger nefarious plot. If a Muslim extremist murders someone in the US its wall to wall 24/7 fear monger coverage. If a Christian extremist murders someone in the US, they get Ann Coulter to go on Fox and make jokes about it to Bill O'Reilly.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.