First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Who Else Likes the 'Exclusive stream for _____.' That start at the viddeos
2491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 5/15/17
I've always liked the text that starts at the top of every video at the beginning. Makes me feel important and loved, but I'm sure that's what they're going for.

I was just curious if anyone noticed and liked that before, because I always have. I'm interested to read thoughts.
Posted 5/15/17
I watch anime on my PS4 or phone so I haven't seen that message since 2012 when I had a pc, can't say I miss it
11998 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/17 , edited 5/16/17

konjfful wrote:

I've always liked the text that starts at the top of every video at the beginning. Makes me feel important and loved, but I'm sure that's what they're going for.

I was just curious if anyone noticed and liked that before, because I always have. I'm interested to read thoughts.


lol, I love it a lot! I especially love it when it's like, a video everyone has access to, like Hunter x Hunter, and i can still feel special, like i'm above all you free-loader maggots!

15503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/15/17
I'll admit, it's a nice little touch.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 5/15/17
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it's for people who use screen recorders to record anime and then reupload it onto other sites, it's sorta like a watermark.

It's probs just there to discourage the above behavior.

13315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 5/16/17

Dogempire wrote:

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it's for people who use screen recorders to record anime and then reupload it onto other sites, it's sorta like a watermark.

It's probs just there to discourage the above behavior.



I would imagine it would last the entire show instead of the first 3 seconds then. It is easy enough to remove 3 seconds of watermark compared to 24 minutes of it.

Just food for thought. If you wanted to avoid said watermark the, you would just need to not watch it with an account. I lurked for a while and it doesn't show the watermark if you don't have an account!
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 5/16/17

Dark_Alma wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it's for people who use screen recorders to record anime and then reupload it onto other sites, it's sorta like a watermark.

It's probs just there to discourage the above behavior.



I would imagine it would last the entire show instead of the first 3 seconds then. It is easy enough to remove 3 seconds of watermark compared to 24 minutes of it.

Just food for thought. If you wanted to avoid said watermark the, you would just need to not watch it with an account. I lurked for a while and it doesn't show the watermark if you don't have an account!


Quote from a different thread.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-792429/disable-exclusive-stream-banner


No, there is not. And it is there for good purpose.

Crunchyroll puts this watermark--as well as the occasional Crunchyroll logo in the top-right corner--on every stream for a completely legitimate reason.

If someone re-records one of Crunchyroll's licensed streams using a program such as HyperCam, and illegally shares it on free anime-streaming sites, they can claim the stream as their own and, using the watermark at the beginning of the stream, apply appropriate punishment and/or press charges against the user responsible for recording it. They can also demand the removal of their anime--all of which are licensed in Crunchyroll's name--from the site in which the recording was uploaded to.

Crunchyroll spends money on these anime licenses, and they're not exactly cheap. It's not like they're buying these without expecting to make a profit. They want people to watch what they bought on their website, which is completely fair. The staff here works hard to quickly subtitle and simulcast the episodes that they have licensed within an hour of every episode's original release in Japan. They have workers, I'm sure they do. They need money to pay these guys. The watermarks on all of the streams is a very clever and totally sensible anti-piracy technique, and I'm willing to bet that they're not about to get rid of it just because one person can't live with 8 seconds of a watermark.


Even if it's not too effective, it is what it is.

484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/17
. I always thought it had to do with the way they coded streaming distribution. But suppose watermarking the vids might discourage piracy a little bit? x )
72572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 5/16/17
It adds a great touch to the videos, and it's a good way of tracking those who illegally steal and upload content from Crunchyroll onto illegal sites. While it doesn't exactly eliminate the problems, it would take quite a lot of work as simply recording and swiping just isn't going to cut it. So yeah, pretty much while I realize that it doesn't completely eliminate the problem, at least those who steal can't just take the easy way out.
llunga 
4753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mᴇᴡɴɪ
Offline
Posted 5/16/17


Feels nice lol
13315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 5/16/17

Dogempire wrote:

Quote from a different thread.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-792429/disable-exclusive-stream-banner


No, there is not. And it is there for good purpose.

Crunchyroll puts this watermark--as well as the occasional Crunchyroll logo in the top-right corner--on every stream for a completely legitimate reason.

If someone re-records one of Crunchyroll's licensed streams using a program such as HyperCam, and illegally shares it on free anime-streaming sites, they can claim the stream as their own and, using the watermark at the beginning of the stream, apply appropriate punishment and/or press charges against the user responsible for recording it. They can also demand the removal of their anime--all of which are licensed in Crunchyroll's name--from the site in which the recording was uploaded to.

Crunchyroll spends money on these anime licenses, and they're not exactly cheap. It's not like they're buying these without expecting to make a profit. They want people to watch what they bought on their website, which is completely fair. The staff here works hard to quickly subtitle and simulcast the episodes that they have licensed within an hour of every episode's original release in Japan. They have workers, I'm sure they do. They need money to pay these guys. The watermarks on all of the streams is a very clever and totally sensible anti-piracy technique, and I'm willing to bet that they're not about to get rid of it just because one person can't live with 8 seconds of a watermark.


Even if it's not too effective, it is what it is.



Hm, it definitely isn't effective, but I guess it really is a watermark.
574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 5/16/17
i kinda hate it. when i what a screenshot for an avi or something, it might get in the way.
52976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/16/17
I hardly ever pay attention to it most of the time.
733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Washington State
Offline
Posted 5/16/17
I noticed it at first, but now I really don't pay attention.
2491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 5/16/17

Velvet_Crowe wrote:

I watch anime on my PS4 or phone so I haven't seen that message since 2012 when I had a pc, can't say I miss it


Yeah, I wouldnt miss it. It's the same when I watch on my Roku It's just that I know when I watch anime it's exclusive to me and when my friends watch anime illegally it's not exclusive and large chance for harmful files to attack your computer/device.

But it just always made me feel like my money is worth it you know? That they appreciate the fact that I pay for their service and they reward me for it with exclusive shows haha.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.