First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Most amount of money you are willing to pay for a rare anime on dvd
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/17
There are a lot of rare anime gems out there that are on dvd but are so rare to find how much are you willing to pay for them?

a rare anime gem of mine i would pay a huge amount for is both of the ginga series ginga nagaboshi gin and ginga densetue weed both amazing and story belting anime but the dvds of it are so hard to find mainly because it was never dubbed into english it is a popular show but none the less i loved it and im willing to pay out a small fortune for them
107355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/17/17
150 usd
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/17
sorry i should of added name the title of the anime too
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/17

AnimeKami wrote:

150 usd


sorry i forgot to add in the description the name of the anime you are willing to pay out for what anime is it you are willing to pay that amount for?
11833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/17
I almost payed 80ish one time for Neon Genesis Evangelion on DVD that wasn't those malaysian boxset(platinum collection one)

but i didnt
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

I almost payed 80ish one time for Neon Genesis Evangelion on DVD that wasn't those malaysian boxset(platinum collection one)

but i didnt


duuddeeeee a platinum release of a anime is a must buy bet you deeply regret not buying it why didn't you?
11833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/17

animelover91092 wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

I almost payed 80ish one time for Neon Genesis Evangelion on DVD that wasn't those malaysian boxset(platinum collection one)

but i didnt


duuddeeeee a platinum release of a anime is a must buy bet you deeply regret not buying it why didn't you?


Because i didnt have the courage to ask for that kind of money from my mom, and it was on ebay with bids so it was too late
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/17/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


animelover91092 wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

I almost payed 80ish one time for Neon Genesis Evangelion on DVD that wasn't those malaysian boxset(platinum collection one)

but i didnt


duuddeeeee a platinum release of a anime is a must buy bet you deeply regret not buying it why didn't you?


Because i didnt have the courage to ask for that kind of money from my mom, and it was on ebay with bids so it was too late


yikes i share your pain that's worse if it was a bidding item especially when it comes to bidding on anime the hurt feeling you almost had a rare gem in your hands only for it to slip out of your palms i once did it for wolfs rain the complete series that type of dvd is very rare i got out bidded by $1 on the last second...
Humms 
12602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 5/17/17
Nothing over $500 CAD

Unless it is justified going over that price. I would have to determine the value in order to find a meaningful place for that item.

You would have to twist my arm, or offer me a good deal. Ill deal with the shipping costs, but it has to be worth my attention.
7479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/17/17
I paid $150 for a Black Lagoon dvd set when it was out of print, then Funimation went and released it later that same year for 30 bucks.

Never again.
12641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 5/18/17

cyberfaust wrote:

I paid $150 for a Black Lagoon dvd set when it was out of print, then Funimation went and released it later that same year for 30 bucks.

Never again.


Wut. Dam you shoulda asked the forum if anyone had any for sale. I would have taken $125 for mine!!


~~There is some 'rare' or OOP dvd's I was thinking about, but...
$99 Gall Force Earth Chapter.. did not buy
$80 Berserk TV.. not yet bought
some high prices for version of Robotech..
I've paid $20-30 for some rare OVAs from the 80s, but for just 45 minutes of entertainment that's steep.
9526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 5/18/17
68$, for the Granblue Fantasy blu ray. Some good items included for it, and a good bonus for those who play the game. I would never spend anything over that for dvd / blu ray.
21123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 5/18/17
$0

Complete waste of money for me,

If you like it, more power to ya.
7649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/18/17
$120-$150 for Amanchu Blu-Rays, and $200-$300 for Slam Dunk Blu-Rays if they gets licensed for release in the U.S. If only...
13228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Indianapolis, IN
Offline
Posted 5/19/17
I love the concept of buying the blu-rays/dvds, but it gets soo expensive I have a hard time justifying it. The most I've spent was like $250 on a blu-ray bakemonogatari lm set, but that's about as high as I'll ever get. What sucks is that certain anime that I would really like to get are super expensive, like Katanagatari which last I checked was $350ish or Madoka Magica which is around $300, and apparently Darker than Black goes for around $200 base these days (prices from amazon).
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.