First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Win a free trip to Tokyo this summer!
5060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/12/17
I don't know I think that would be too weird, although it is weird it's not on the Monster Strike Website. :/
Like your profile picture by the way! :O
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/13/17

Epicsigh wrote:

I'm worried about the veracity of this contest, considering that I did some digging around and found no evidence of anywhere outside of Crunchyroll advertising for it, even on the official Monster Strike website or even its own forums!


that's what worries me too.... should we try to quote or ask higher up admins on what's goin on with this?
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/13/17
I think that would be a good idea personally, though I'll admit (though this is something you'll be able to easily tell by my point count) that I don't use the forums enough to know how to tag an admin in order to bring them in to this thread.
1076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/13/17
the op is a content manager and that's a lot of work for something fake imo. XD

very detailed rules tailored to the test, which even foresaw to say the hosts have the right to push back deadlines if they need and due to the nature of the contest, they can't predict how many entries there will be. I think it's more likely that they need more time to go back and forth with the winner to get all the paperwork and verify they docs are legit. They have to follow certain the laws for sweepstakes since it's so official, I believe. (unlike a giveaway to friends or family). And they have to verify that the winner is over a certain age (18 I think?) that they have a valid passport that allows them to go to Japan, and that they are a US citizen or perm res.

lol yeah, i actually read the rules b/c i was excited and actually had hope when i first entered. XD

in any case tdlr: don't think it's fake, just taking a while to process.
1076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/13/17
interestingly enough though, as if to combat my point, the eng vers of monster strike is closing on august this year, so i'm surprised they would have a contest.
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/13/17

tukkt wrote:

the op is a content manager and that's a lot of work for something fake imo. XD

very detailed rules tailored to the test, which even foresaw to say the hosts have the right to push back deadlines if they need and due to the nature of the contest, they can't predict how many entries there will be. I think it's more likely that they need more time to go back and forth with the winner to get all the paperwork and verify they docs are legit. They have to follow certain the laws for sweepstakes since it's so official, I believe. (unlike a giveaway to friends or family). And they have to verify that the winner is over a certain age (18 I think?) that they have a valid passport that allows them to go to Japan, and that they are a US citizen or perm res.

lol yeah, i actually read the rules b/c i was excited and actually had hope when i first entered. XD

in any case tdlr: don't think it's fake, just taking a while to process.


Make no mistake, I'm not trying to imply that our OP is the one faking, but if it was the facts presented by myself and you in your very next post are at the very least interesting and at the worst troubling. One wonders how easy it would be to fake being a representative from a foreign organization.
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17
I read the rules as well. And I do understand the defense you bring up about it, but to have an update of two days left until the deadline for submissions, and then not post anything about it after? It's been almost a week since the upfront post said winners would be announced, and indeed the excerpt on the rules did say not only the 9th, and that it could be pushed back further... but to have this long without hearing from anyone? Not hearing from winners? The runners of the contest? The Judges? I know a lot of this is my OCD having me freak out about the silence... I don't have enough information on how previous contests have been run by crunchyroll to compare if this is normal or abnormal.
13583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Perth, Western Au...
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17
dafuq is going on

crunchyroll mods don't get your users hopes up aye that's not cool
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17

ExiAHesP wrote:

dafuq is going on

crunchyroll mods don't get your users hopes up aye that's not cool


AAA THANK YOU YOU GET IT

^^^^^^ This exactly pls
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17


Could we get some of our worries over the context of the results of this contest answered, please...?
It seems that several of us are extremely worried about why we've not heard back from /anyone/ over it.
175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
United States
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17
Chill. If you won you will get an E-Mail or a Tweet. Since we did not it is best to assume we did not win and move on for now. It is okay to be excited and check in from time to time but you are walking the thin line between excited and obsessed. Be happy we had the chance and keep entering the contests.
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17
I don't know about everyone else but for me the underlying concern here is that if, for whatever reason, the contest WAS a fake, that bodes poorly for the Crunchyroll staff and their ability to verify the sources of their contests, which opens up a whole host of potential ramifications for future contests and whether or not people can trust it to be legitimate.
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/14/17

DantesDesire wrote:

Chill. If you won you will get an E-Mail or a Tweet. Since we did not it is best to assume we did not win and move on for now. It is okay to be excited and check in from time to time but you are walking the thin line between excited and obsessed. Be happy we had the chance and keep entering the contests.


What contest have you ever seen where winners were not announced publically at any time?
5060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/14/17
True, or like if the contest was officially over, wouldn't they like close down the forums or the Twitter page for this contest, or something? Not sure how've they done it in other contests, but something should've happened. :/
5060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/14/17
I went ahead and messaged the Crunchyroll twitter page, hopefully we'll get a response soon.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.