First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply If a parent tells their kid theres more than 2 Genders, should the kid be taking away from them?
12131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 5/27/17

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Not exactly its more like people respect you more if you are laconic in your speech and don't hide your biases behind coded language


There is a reason it takes a male and female to create offspring. Because that's how it works. You're here today because of it.


That's sex

Not gender
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
Pages disappeared....
Posted 5/27/17

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Not exactly its more like people respect you more if you are laconic in your speech and don't hide your biases behind coded language


There is a reason it takes a male and female to create offspring. Because that's how it works. You're here today because of it.


http://time.com/3748019/same-sex-couples-biological-children/
Besides there is always ivf how did you know I wasn't made that way
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17 , edited 5/27/17
<filling in holes> Giggity
8801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/27/17

octorockandroll wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:


Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Not exactly its more like people respect you more if you are laconic in your speech and don't hide your biases behind coded language


There is a reason it takes a male and female to create offspring. Because that's how it works. You're here today because of it.


That's sex

Not gender


It's the same thing. If you have a vagina you're female, a penis male. I understand some people have too much time on their hands and take a useless degree like gender studies (even Art is more useful), but its not the rest of the worlds problem.
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes>
12131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 5/27/17 , edited 5/27/17

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

It's the same thing. If you have a vagina you're female, a penis male. I understand some people have too much time on their hands and take a useless degree like gender studies (even Art is more useful), but its not the rest of the worlds problem.


"Its the same thing"

Yeah, if you willingly choose to ignore reality.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150107082133.htm
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
15750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/27/17 , edited 6/16/17

Rujikin wrote:

So what specifically is on that spectrum? What are the limits/constraints?


Well, generally speaking, gender is seen as the cultural norms pertaining to the sexes. Because of that, "male and female" when looking at gender instead of sexes (again, I can't stress enough that gender and sex are not the same thing) are more of an idea than something that someone actually is. To say "gender is a spectrum" is to say that people don't fit nicely into a bubble of "male behavior" and "female behavior", but instead that they exist as a mix of behaviors which are typically considered "masculine" or "feminine". You may have someone who likes trucks and lifting weights and acts aggressively but likes rom-coms, for example.

Thats really all "gender is on a spectrum" means (by my understanding). I don't think that is at all controversial.
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
Posted 5/27/17
Here's a real question if your kid came out would you have the courage to say I don't want you to have kids
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17

sundin13 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Ok then can you at least tell me this: Why the fuck does gender matter? I only care about my sex as it has practical use. Why should I be concerned about "gender" outside of adopting habits related to reproduction?


Gender is primarily important socially. Basically, the idea that gender is on a spectrum is a way of expressing that people can be who they want to be. It is about unlinking sex and gender, and accepting if a biological male chooses to adapt to typically feminine norms. Like for example, accepting if a father wants to stay at home and raise the kids while the mother works.

So, why does it matter? Well the point of saying "gender is on a spectrum" is that it doesn't really matter. (Biological) Males don't have to like trucks and weightlifting and being aggressive and (biological) women don't have to love pretty dresses and kids and being delicate. People can be who they want to be without being stuffed into a box.


Rujikin wrote:

How is Trucks, Lifting weights, and Rom-Coms related to being masculine or feminine? Are you talking stereotypes here?

The only true masculine/feminine behaviors of any importance are related to reproduction. All others are merely stereotypes and cultural norms. In Scotland men wear skirts.


Yes, I am talking stereotypes, because that is what gender is. Gender relates to the cultural and societal expectations and norms surrounding the ideas of "maleness" and "femaleness".


I only have a sex and don't identify as a gender. I like what I like and I do what I like to do. I see not how gender has to do with anything. Seems as though someone created a useless concept to try and replace "personal preferences". Thats pretty insulting trying to relabel a stay at home Dad as another gender. He is just a Dad staying at home with his children, there is nothing that special about it. The reason women used to be stay at home was because before condoms women would randomly get pregnant and be useless at doing physical labor. So they stayed at home and did what they were capable of while the males worked all the time because they were physically capable of it. It's an evolutionary trait that became a cultural norm. Why are you trying to replace it with gender?

So your trying to to define what is and isn't male/female then create an infinite number of combinations of what you claim is male/female then label those and group them..... for what purpose...?
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
25670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 5/27/17 , edited 5/27/17
Rujikin, Octorockandroll, stop arguing like literal children. Rujikin, if you are not going to read of your own volition but demand Oct do so to you when you will obviously not consider it, stop replying. Octo, do not clutter up the thread with one line replies to vent frustration, and either post it or do not if you have not already done so. It is important to post important quotes of the paper in your own post in my belief, but anymore is an unreasonable demand. If he does not read it, then fuck, why argue?

Jesus fucking Christ.

I am not trying to baxkseat moderate, but I am just irritated at what a 20 year old and a 40+ year old have degraded themselves to. I am not perfect, of course, and neither are you too, but please exercise self awareness of your current thread behavior.
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
8801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 5/27/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Here's a real question if your kid came out would you have the courage to say I don't want you to have kids


Yeah, because for the third time in 5 minutes, kids growing up missing a mother or father figure causes problems. The child has more rights than an adult who 'wants' to have a kid.

http://oureverydaylife.com/effect-men-grow-up-father-figure-43045.html

http://living.thebump.com/gender-development-boys-mothers-16935.html


23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17
<Filling in holes> Giggity
15750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/27/17 , edited 5/27/17

Rujikin wrote:

Ok then can you at least tell me this: Why the fuck does gender matter? I only care about my sex as it has practical use. Why should I be concerned about "gender" outside of adopting habits related to reproduction?


Gender is primarily important socially. Basically, the idea that gender is on a spectrum is a way of expressing that people can be who they want to be. It is about unlinking sex and gender, and accepting if a biological male chooses to adapt to typically feminine norms. Like for example, accepting if a father wants to stay at home and raise the kids while the mother works.

So, why does it matter? Well the point of saying "gender is on a spectrum" is that it doesn't really matter. (Biological) Males don't have to like trucks and weightlifting and being aggressive and (biological) women don't have to love pretty dresses and kids and being delicate. People can be who they want to be without being stuffed into a box.


Rujikin wrote:

How is Trucks, Lifting weights, and Rom-Coms related to being masculine or feminine? Are you talking stereotypes here?

The only true masculine/feminine behaviors of any importance are related to reproduction. All others are merely stereotypes and cultural norms. In Scotland men wear skirts.


Yes, I am talking stereotypes, because that is what gender is. Gender relates to the cultural and societal expectations and norms surrounding the ideas of "maleness" and "femaleness".
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 5/27/17

sundin13 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

So what specifically is on that spectrum? What are the limits/constraints?


Well, generally speaking, gender is seen as the cultural norms pertaining to the sexes. Because of that, "male and female" when looking at gender instead of sexes (again, I can't stress enough that gender and sex are not the same thing) are more of an idea than something that someone actually is. To say "gender is a spectrum" is to say that people don't fit nicely into a bubble of "male behavior" and "female behavior", but instead that they exist as a mix of behaviors which are typically considered "masculine" or "feminine". You may have someone who likes trucks and lifting weights and acts aggressively but likes rom-coms, for example.

Thats really all "gender is on a spectrum" means (by my understanding). I don't think that is at all controversial.


You would have to first define what is a nice bubble of male/female behavior because my version of female behavior is a tomboy and everyone else has their own version of it. You've got near infinite combinations so in the end the idea of male/female behavior means nothing especially when you add other cultures into it who have varying beliefs. The most male behavior I can think of is flaunting your body around... Oh wait women do that too but more subtle.... Penis is very male.

Well I've been told (and insulted) that tomboys, country girls, and girly girls are not a gender so what is "gender" if not that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.