Post Reply Crunchyroll, Funimation, and VRV
25044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Rome, Georiga
Offline
Posted 5/28/17 , edited 5/29/17
I've been a member of Crunchyroll for a long time now. I've loved the service that i have gotten for many years. When i heard that you joined with funimation awhile back i thought cool, this might add more anime to an already great service (so i joined funimation) Now with VRV, sadly i think that this was a great mistake for both you and funimation. VRV started only as an app, then slowly started adding more services (understandable since its new) but my problem with vrv is that they don't show when or if they have new episodes, or update things. They have a limited catalog from both services and i don't think that they are improving anything with their coverage. I went premium on crunchyroll because of its dependability. and now i am getting spammed email to cancel my crunchyroll account to stay with vrv. I won't do that until they fix the problems they currently have. Allow the subtitles for dubbed anime, complete the catalog and fix their buggy / failing app.
59925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 5/28/17 , edited 5/29/17

daymare102 wrote:

I've been a member of Crunchyroll for a long time now. I've loved the service that i have gotten for many years. When i heard that you joined with funimation awhile back i thought cool, this might add more anime to an already great service (so i joined funimation) Now with VRV, sadly i think that this was a great mistake for both you and funimation. VRV started only as an app, then slowly started adding more services (understandable since its new) but my problem with vrv is that they don't show when or if they have new episodes, or update things. They have a limited catalog from both services and i don't think that they are improving anything with their coverage. I went premium on crunchyroll because of its dependability. and now i am getting spammed email to cancel my crunchyroll account to stay with vrv. I won't do that until they fix the problems they currently have. Allow the subtitles for dubbed anime, complete the catalog and fix their buggy / failing app.


Some titles can't be added to VRV due to license restrictions, apparently. Most of CR's catalog is on VRV, as is a large portion of FUNi's dubbed titles, but you might have to search for a specific title. New episodes should be automatically uploaded to VRV within a couple hours after they premiere on a service, if you don't see something within that timeframe, I would suggest reaching out to the @WatchVRV Twitter account to let the team know, or open a VRV support ticket.

I believe Funimation is already aware of the issue with sign & song subtitles, and there's been focus recently in the industry to make sure that closed captions are available on more titles in English.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/18 , edited 1/9/18

eyeofpain wrote:


daymare102 wrote:

I've been a member of Crunchyroll for a long time now. I've loved the service that i have gotten for many years. When i heard that you joined with funimation awhile back i thought cool, this might add more anime to an already great service (so i joined funimation) Now with VRV, sadly i think that this was a great mistake for both you and funimation. VRV started only as an app, then slowly started adding more services (understandable since its new) but my problem with vrv is that they don't show when or if they have new episodes, or update things. They have a limited catalog from both services and i don't think that they are improving anything with their coverage. I went premium on crunchyroll because of its dependability. and now i am getting spammed email to cancel my crunchyroll account to stay with vrv. I won't do that until they fix the problems they currently have. Allow the subtitles for dubbed anime, complete the catalog and fix their buggy / failing app.


Some titles can't be added to VRV due to license restrictions, apparently. Most of CR's catalog is on VRV, as is a large portion of FUNi's dubbed titles, but you might have to search for a specific title. New episodes should be automatically uploaded to VRV within a couple hours after they premiere on a service, if you don't see something within that timeframe, I would suggest reaching out to the @WatchVRV Twitter account to let the team know, or open a VRV support ticket.

I believe Funimation is already aware of the issue with sign & song subtitles, and there's been focus recently in the industry to make sure that closed captions are available on more titles in English.


How do you open a support ticket with VRV? I can't find a way to open one on the VRV site.

It looks like watching Funimation on VRV does not offer the subbed version of the anime even though it's offered on Funimation directly. when will CR get the Subs, or when will VRV also offer the subs?
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/18 , edited 1/9/18



I'm not sure how to get an image to upload, but for example, Haganai is not on CR, Funimation offers it both subbed and dubbed, but VRV only offers it dubbed.
54265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/9/18 , edited 1/9/18

ShinigamiKevin wrote:
How do you open a support ticket with VRV? I can't find a way to open one on the VRV site.

It looks like watching Funimation on VRV does not offer the subbed version of the anime even though it's offered on Funimation directly. when will CR get the Subs, or when will VRV also offer the subs?


VRV support: https://help.vrv.co/hc/en-us/requests/new

VRV doesn't control the content provided by the participants, each of those control what gets put there. If Funi isn't making subs available, that's their choice.

Also, Funi will supposedly be phasing out subs entirely at some point on their own site, at least for the shows that come over to CR.

Subs will appear under CR on VRV as they are brought here, if they are allowed to be placed on VRV, depending on the existing contract terms for each individual show.

Or at least, that was the plan before Funi was bought. Who knows for sure what will happen now...
You must be logged in to post.