First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Europe's crusade against "Islamophobia"
2244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/29/17

rawratl wrote:


mickeydayum wrote:


rawratl wrote:


mickeydayum wrote:




Criticize religion? No I could sit here and make fun of religious people and their silly beliefs all day, and I'd love it. However, I am at least intelligent enough not to lump the tiny amount of crazies of said religion in with every single person that practices it.

You alt-right types love to push this islamic fear mongering but when a christians or any racist dingbat murders people you scapegoat it with the whole "oh he was just one crazy person." There is always a convenient excuse that you apply to murders you aren't really upset about. Like with you specifically, we bomb 80 civilians (33? of which are children) and you think that's just fine. Why? "Well they were those brown musalim peoples, not much you could do."

Where does your hypocrisy end?


There is a difference between criticism and making fun of and belittling.


You mean like the same king of blanket generalizations about Muslims that happens in EVERY SINGLE thread on here? Oh man, I made a point you dont like, better report this post too.


The funny thing about this is I haven't even mentioned Muslims in this thready. It's almost like you're generalizing . I condemn violence across the board, regardless of people's desire to dichotomize it.


I think there is a reading comprehension issue here, where did I say you said anything about Muslims? If you jump in to complain and start reporting my posts when Im discussing people who are guilty of generalizing muslims in these threads you are bound to get caught in the crossfire or misunderstood.


I didn't report your post. It explains a lot that you think I did, and it is fairly consistent that you would generalize me that way given your behavior so far. It's not so much about reading comprehension as you elevating things to a personal level almost immediately.
Posted 5/29/17

rawratl wrote:



Yeah man, that baby is complicit. We should totally blow it up.


Its not about complicity.

Would you rather that man live and allow him to kill other people's babies?
48400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/17 , edited 5/29/17

mickeydayum wrote:



I didn't report your post. It explains a lot that you think I did, and it is fairly consistent that you would generalize me that way given your behavior so far. It's not so much about reading comprehension as you elevating things to a personal level almost immediately.


Ah yes, lets dig into some of your responses.

It's fascinating how quick he is to characterize people like you as murderers, and not the people who are, you know, actually committing murders.


So, as it pertains to this Islamophobic thread, which in case you were lost, was started to talk about how Muslims were evil murderers and rapists. How am I not to assume you mean to direct that at muslims in whole??


If we could find a way to harness the energy of your self righteousness, we could end the world energy crisis and usher in a new era of peace.


Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that seems awfully personal. That would mean you elevated it to a personal level first. So perhaps it does lead back to reading comprehension.
48400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/17 , edited 5/29/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


rawratl wrote:



Yeah man, that baby is complicit. We should totally blow it up.


Its not about complicity.

Would you rather that man live and allow him to kill other people's babies?


You are trying to misdirect from the fact that we are clearly talking about the murder of innocent children like that baby. Not actual terrorists, like I presume that man is. Nice try?
11766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 5/29/17

mickeydayum wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


mickeydayum wrote:




I think this discussion is much more important than a bunch of tumblr users who think there a different gender every month
Tumbler users, world's leading neuroscientific researchers.

Same thing when you get down to it amirite?


This is 100% on topic, and has everything to do with the discussion at hand.




I'm just saying you don't have to turn this into a personal squabble with DanteVsTheWorld.


Pointing out a double standard is hardly what I would call a personal squabble but alright, I'll stop now since I've pretty much said all that needs to be said on the matter.
runec 
36271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/29/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Would you rather that man live and allow him to kill other people's babies?


You literally called for the murder of other people's babies the other day.

Posted 5/29/17 , edited 5/29/17

rawratl wrote:



You are trying to misdirect from the fact that we are clearly talking about the murder of innocent children like that baby. Not actual terrorists, like I presume that man is. Nice try?


Why do you think those 80 ISIS fighter relatives were bombed? Because they were innocent babbies or something?
They were bombed due to their proximity to the Islamic State. I mean, they are the Islamic state, without people living under their rule, paying taxes and running businesses, ISIS would be nothing.

Would you be against the Dresden bombing if you were alive back then?




runec wrote:

You literally called for the murder of other people's babies the other day.



Prove it. You can't because I didn't.



All I did was point out ISIS' kids are being raised to be their future generation of soldiers, and that it would be a mercy compared to a life of being reared to be a torturer and a killer
2244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/29/17

rawratl wrote:


mickeydayum wrote:



I didn't report your post. It explains a lot that you think I did, and it is fairly consistent that you would generalize me that way given your behavior so far. It's not so much about reading comprehension as you elevating things to a personal level almost immediately.


Ah yes, lets dig into some of your responses.

It's fascinating how quick he is to characterize people like you as murderers, and not the people who are, you know, actually committing murders.


So, as it pertains to this Islamophobic thread, which in case you were lost, was started to talk about how Muslims were evil murderers and rapists. How am I not to assume you mean to direct that at muslims in whole??


If we could find a way to harness the energy of your self righteousness, we could end the world energy crisis and usher in a new era of peace.


Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that seems awfully personal. That would mean you elevated it to a personal level first. So perhaps it does lead back to reading comprehension.


I think you hit the nail on the head with the point I was trying to get across with this. I was trying to draw attention to the fact that the way communicate your points comes off as condescending and rude. I don't know if this is something you do consciously or unconsciously, but it is a shame because you make genuine points worthy of discussion, but you poison the environment in which we discuss them. I feel that you and I share common sentiment on the arguments being presented, so in that regard I really have nothing to contend. Using sarcasm to get that across in written form was admittedly unwise, but I thought it would inject some humor to avoid the personal route. I'll endeavor to be more direct in the future. I still didn't report your post though.
48400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/17

mickeydayum wrote:



I think you hit the nail on the head with the point I was trying to get across with this. I was trying to draw attention to the fact that the way communicate your points comes off as condescending and rude. I don't know if this is something you do consciously or unconsciously, but it is a shame because you make genuine points worthy of discussion, but you poison the environment in which we discuss them. I feel that you and I share common sentiment on the arguments being presented, so in that regard I really have nothing to contend. Using sarcasm to get that across in written form was admittedly unwise, but I thought it would inject some humor to avoid the personal route. I'll endeavor to be more direct in the future. I still didn't report your post though.


Well sir, I apologize for being a dick then. You spend enough time on these forums and you will find there isn't much need for niceties, people will dismiss legitimate points and you will never change anyone's mind. At this point this argument is so cyclical that I believe I've had it at least 100 other times on these forums alone, after a while you kind of stop caring.
Posted 5/29/17 , edited 5/29/17
You seem to miss the difference between arrests and incidents. And Islamophobia is a real problem https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Rubenstein-Hate-Crimes-Empirical-Analysis-2003.pdf page 1239 Anti muslim hate crimes went up in a huge way post 9/11 more than even hate crimes against black people
runec 
36271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/29/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Prove it. You can't because I didn't.

All I did was point out ISIS' kids are being raised to be their future generation of soldiers, and that it would be a mercy compared to a life of being reared to be a torturer and a killer


So, you didn't post a happy meme over the murder of children then go on to argue that 5 years should be put down like "rabid dogs" and it would "destroy" the next generation of fighters?



runec 
36271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/29/17

rawratl wrote:
Well sir, I apologize for being a dick then. You spend enough time on these forums and you will find there isn't much need for niceties, people will dismiss legitimate points and you will never change anyone's mind. At this point this argument is so cyclical that I believe I've had it at least 100 other times on these forums alone, after a while you kind of stop caring.


It's basically a drinking game at this point. In fact, Amys brought up grenade attacks yet again so we should all take a shot. -.-

Posted 5/29/17 , edited 5/29/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

You seem to miss the difference between arrests and incidents. And Islamophobia is a real problem https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Rubenstein-Hate-Crimes-Empirical-Analysis-2003.pdf page 1239 Anti muslim hate crimes went up in a huge way post 9/11 more than even hate crimes against black people


The only time I've ever seen an anti Muslim hate crime was when a black dude in a McDonald's restroom line on Time's Square started screaming at two old Sikh guys for 'taking out the towers' before shoving the younger one. Edit: nb4 "well why didn't you stop him you bigot!" Sorry, didn't want to get stabbed
And here's another example of a 'hate crime' that for some reason I know still gets counted as an 'anti muslim hate crime' when it comes to statistics
Posted 5/29/17 , edited 5/29/17
You can't ignore the fact we treated Muslims worse post 9/11
Also that's a strawman against the huge increase reported in the study
runec 
36271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/29/17 , edited 5/30/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
The only time I've ever seen an anti Muslim hate crime was when a black dude in a McDonald's restroom line on Time's Square started screaming at two old Sikh guys for 'taking out the towers' before shoving the younger one.
And here's another example of a 'hate crime' that for some reason I know still gets counted as an 'anti muslim hate crime' when it comes to statistics


So you're too young to remember the wake of 9/11? Or, you know, remember last Friday?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.