First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Trump is pro-cure
5044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/17
IF you could perfectly "cure" autism with little to no cost, why wouldn't you want to
21712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/31/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Actually alot of people in Autistic communities online hate it for wanting a cure also Prince.
I don't want a cure to exist many others don't.

I'm fine with it if they don't force it on people or prevent Autistic people from being born but to do either of the two would be wrong.


I guess we shouldn't seek treatment or cures for many things, like personality disorders because #diversity banners.

People that are diagnosed with autism experience clinically significant impairment functioning within their daily lives. Not wanting a cure is purposely inflicting struggle upon other individuals because of the selfish desire for the type of person that may walk out of it. People are shouting against such a thing, not because it is logically warranted, but because they take offense to it--like it's an attack on their person. Autism became a silly stupid identity to some, instead of a disorder--which led to the modifications from DSM IV to V when clinicians deemed the previous criteria to be too loose, flimsy, and unspecific.

What that crowd refuses to understand is that our person is the sum of our experiences as well and autism is not who they are--simply a portion. They assume, that because they themselves benefit from autism, that others should suffer for it. Not everyone with autism is some quirky genius--it's a very small fraction of the population.

That population is disgustingly arrogant, claiming themselves to be the only uniqueness in the brain and making others out others to be some cookie cutter version of normalcy with disgusting pejoratives like "neurotypical".

I guess we shouldn't cure other mental disorders because of their unique modification upon the brain structure--right? That's how this works in their silly heads isn't it?

Apparently we should stop giving medicine out to those with ADHD too. We shouldn't altar their brain's functioning because that's #oppression




Ryulightorb wrote:

Never seen this reddit only Aspergers Reddit and Autism reddit's i have been on are not toxic at all quite the opposite also never really see people saying they can't get diagnoses and i'm on r/Aspergers alot that's fairly rare actually.

Not sure how long ago you were on there but it's nothing like that at all.


I was referring to r/Aspergers and no it hasn't changed.


Its true, with my anxiety and add that comes with it i wouldnt do a job well, nevermind my physical issues

However, if someone with autism wants to cure themself if they could then im not against it
28457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Actually alot of people in Autistic communities online hate it for wanting a cure also Prince.
I don't want a cure to exist many others don't.

I'm fine with it if they don't force it on people or prevent Autistic people from being born but to do either of the two would be wrong.


I guess we shouldn't seek treatment or cures for many things, like personality disorders because #diversity banners.

People that are diagnosed with autism experience clinically significant impairment functioning within their daily lives. Not wanting a cure is purposely inflicting struggle upon other individuals because of the selfish desire for the type of person that may walk out of it. People are shouting against such a thing, not because it is logically warranted, but because they take offense to it--like it's an attack on their person. Autism became a silly stupid identity to some, instead of a disorder--which led to the modifications from DSM IV to V when clinicians deemed the previous criteria to be too loose, flimsy, and unspecific.

What that crowd refuses to understand is that our person is the sum of our experiences as well and autism is not who they are--simply a portion. They assume, that because they themselves benefit from autism, that others should suffer for it. Not everyone with autism is some quirky genius--it's a very small fraction of the population.

That population is disgustingly arrogant, claiming themselves to be the only uniqueness in the brain and making others out others to be some cookie cutter version of normalcy with disgusting pejoratives like "neurotypical".


I guess we shouldn't cure other mental disorders because of their unique modification upon the brain structure--right? That's how this works in their silly heads isn't it?



No i disagree with that what benefits do personality disorders have? not as many if at all any.
It's selfish to want a cure and force it on people i'm all for a cure if it's optional and not forcing people into taking it but until people can prove that this won't happen it's illogical to let it happen.

I'm not against a cure if used properly but the fact is people like to go ahead and "treat" their kids without their say in the matter which is not OK.

You think a 10 year old kid should be cured of Autism because his mother can't handle him? without asking him what he want's?
That is what you will get my Parents even said if there was a cure they would have given it to me and i hate them for that it's utterly ridiculous and wrong on so many levels.

If there are laws put in place to prevent that kind of shit from happening then i would be all for it and i assume alot of other people would also as everyone else i have talked to on the matter against it is only against it because they know people WILL do this.

No one said everyone with Autism is smart but to eliminate Autism from the Gene pool or existance because some people suffer is just as wrong.


I will be for this if they put laws in place to stop parents from forcing their children into a cure and prevent the whole oh our child has Autism lets abort him (Which i don't think would work since Autism is only detectable after birth but in the future if there was a way letting people abort their children for that would be akin to Aborting your child because they have OCD or something along that lines.)

There is nothing wrong with being against a cure if you know people will use it wrong time has shown us this again and again look back at Gay therapy people had a "cure" for being gay so they forced their children into it which is just as wrong as forcing a cure for Autism upon a child.

This is different if the child is low functioning Autistic and cannot make the choice but the point i made is still highly valid.
21712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/31/17

HateKillingCamels wrote:

IF you could perfectly "cure" autism with little to no cost, why wouldn't you want to


Because imagine something that affects you to the extent of your personality and interactions with people, you grew up with it its now part of ur personality
For me i wouldnt know what to do with my self it would be like a piece missing of me
5044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

redokami wrote:

Because imagine something that affects you to the extent of your personality and interactions with people, you grew up with it its now part of ur personality
For me i wouldnt know what to do with my self it would be like a piece missing of me


I grew up with no legs but I'd still be really happy if they made me a drug that would make them grow back.

But then again maybe comparing not having legs to autism isn't fair? I'm not sure tbh.
22258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 5/31/17
Huh, cure? I don't think you can "cure" autism. People like Temple Grandin admit they still have autism. That being said, I think more awareness and research is a good thing, and while I do not consider that a cure, I do consider treatment to be great.

That being said, it seems ignorant in a way to suggest a "cure" can be found, and the language concerning human genomes to be a bit troubling.
21712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

HateKillingCamels wrote:


redokami wrote:

Because imagine something that affects you to the extent of your personality and interactions with people, you grew up with it its now part of ur personality
For me i wouldnt know what to do with my self it would be like a piece missing of me


I grew up with no legs but I'd still be really happy if they made me a drug that would make them grow back.

But then again maybe comparing not having legs to autism isn't fair? I'm not sure tbh.


Yea to be honest it kinda isnt

Because it affects our minds hence depression anxiety add etc
Edit also affects us neurologically
28457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

HateKillingCamels wrote:

IF you could perfectly "cure" autism with little to no cost, why wouldn't you want to


Because some of us like being Autistic or benefit from it of course some people suffer from it i personally would not want to cure myself it would be doing more harm than good.

If others want to that's fine i agree they should be allowed to but the question goes to the fact that it's highly likely they won't be making the choices it will be the parents making that choice and that is not ok the parent should not get to decide such a thing the person who has it should make the choice unless they can't make the choice (low functioning) then its fine it be made for them.

Honestly if we allow parents to cure their children of Autism then we might as well let parents "cure" things like Homosexuality etc if we ever get the ability and see how that runs down and i know Homosexuality isn't a disorder whilst Autism is but the fact is both things are something the person themselves should make the decision on.

Time and time again it has been shown if there is a cure to something parents will force it on their child when it's not necessary (gay conversion therapy for instance when being Gay was considered a disorder).

Honestly i can't trust people to correctly use such a thing and no body should trust them to unless society can prove themselves to be better.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Huh, cure? I don't think you can "cure" autism. People like Temple Grandin admit they still have autism. That being said, I think more awareness and research is a good thing, and while I do not consider that a cure, I do consider treatment to be great.

That being said, it seems ignorant in a way to suggest a "cure" can be found, and the language concerning human genomes to be a bit troubling.


You can't unless it involves invasive brain surgery....and manipulating human genes treatment is fine though.
28457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Actually alot of people in Autistic communities online hate it for wanting a cure also Prince.
I don't want a cure to exist many others don't.

I'm fine with it if they don't force it on people or prevent Autistic people from being born but to do either of the two would be wrong.


I guess we shouldn't seek treatment or cures for many things, like personality disorders because #diversity banners.

People that are diagnosed with autism experience clinically significant impairment functioning within their daily lives. Not wanting a cure is purposely inflicting struggle upon other individuals because of the selfish desire for the type of person that may walk out of it. People are shouting against such a thing, not because it is logically warranted, but because they take offense to it--like it's an attack on their person. Autism became a silly stupid identity to some, instead of a disorder--which led to the modifications from DSM IV to V when clinicians deemed the previous criteria to be too loose, flimsy, and unspecific.

What that crowd refuses to understand is that our person is the sum of our experiences as well and autism is not who they are--simply a portion. They assume, that because they themselves benefit from autism, that others should suffer for it. Not everyone with autism is some quirky genius--it's a very small fraction of the population.

That population is disgustingly arrogant, claiming themselves to be the only uniqueness in the brain and making others out others to be some cookie cutter version of normalcy with disgusting pejoratives like "neurotypical".

I guess we shouldn't cure other mental disorders because of their unique modification upon the brain structure--right? That's how this works in their silly heads isn't it?

Apparently we should stop giving medicine out to those with ADHD too. We shouldn't altar their brain's functioning because that's #oppression




Ryulightorb wrote:

Never seen this reddit only Aspergers Reddit and Autism reddit's i have been on are not toxic at all quite the opposite also never really see people saying they can't get diagnoses and i'm on r/Aspergers alot that's fairly rare actually.

Not sure how long ago you were on there but it's nothing like that at all.


I was referring to r/Aspergers and no it hasn't changed.


Yes it has r/Aspergers is not the place you describe your twisted view on it is very highly incorrect.
Those people are the minority they will exist in every community and the people over there are not toxic unless FRIENDLY is the new TOXIC.
Also we shouldn't stop giving out medicine to ADHD that's a pure negative thing unless i don't understand ADHD right and plus it's not altering who they are it's fine and that is a CHOICE and not forced on them so that's fine.

Your reaction to this is very amusing and very silly if a disorder causes a lot of harm a cure should be available but again as long as people don't incorrectly force it upon others.
27131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

No i disagree with that what benefits do personality disorders have? not as many if at all any.
It's selfish to want a cure and force it on people i'm all for a cure if it's optional and not forcing people into taking it but until people can prove that this won't happen it's illogical to let it happen.

I'm not against a cure if used properly but the fact is people like to go ahead and "treat" their kids without their say in the matter which is not OK.

You think a 10 year old kid should be cured of Autism because his mother can't handle him? without asking him what he want's?
That is what you will get my Parents even said if there was a cure they would have given it to me and i hate them for that it's utterly ridiculous and wrong on so many levels.

If there are laws put in place to prevent that kind of shit from happening then i would be all for it and i assume alot of other people would also as everyone else i have talked to on the matter against it is only against it because they know people WILL do this.

No one said everyone with Autism is smart but to eliminate Autism from the Gene pool or existance because some people suffer is just as wrong.


I will be for this if they put laws in place to stop parents from forcing their children into a cure and prevent the whole oh our child has Autism lets abort him (Which i don't think would work since Autism is only detectable after birth but in the future if there was a way letting people abort their children for that would be akin to Aborting your child because they have OCD or something along that lines.)

There is nothing wrong with being against a cure if you know people will use it wrong time has shown us this again and again look back at Gay therapy people had a "cure" for being gay so they forced their children into it which is just as wrong as forcing a cure for Autism upon a child.

This is different if the child is low functioning Autistic and cannot make the choice but the point i made is still highly valid.


That's like trying to say we shouldn't cure people born blind because we don't want to elminate them from the gene pool and some of them have really good hearing.

We shouldn't eliminate poverty because some people benefit from hardship and only some people suffer. Do you listen to your logic?

Also, some people suffer? The very criteria for diagnosis basically requires it because of boneheads that like to view it as some type of flamboyant difference to wave around in the oppression Olympics.

Not wanting people to seek out a cure because of the threat it is to your identity is selfish.

And no people shouldn't want a cure for their children because they are a handful to deal with but rather the likely sensory experiences that are making that person out to be a handful--which I'm sure if there were to be a cure, they would be able to identify genetic markers and variants of autism at such a point.




Ryulightorb wrote:

Yes it has r/Aspergers is not the place you describe your twisted view on it is very highly incorrect.
Those people are the minority they will exist in every community and the people over there are not toxic unless FRIENDLY is the new TOXIC.
Also we shouldn't stop giving out medicine to ADHD that's a pure negative thing unless i don't understand ADHD right and plus it's not altering who they are it's fine and that is a CHOICE and not forced on them so that's fine.

Your reaction to this is very amusing and very silly if a disorder causes a lot of harm a cure should be available but again as long as people don't incorrectly force it upon others.


Well that's hypocritical, ADHD is a "unique" population with the "benefit" of being able to hyperfocus at times.

People with Depression benefit with "intensive introspection" Anxiety benefit with with "exceptional precaution" and "restless energy" Blah blah blah.
5044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/31/17
I was going to say more but Judar is better at saying literally everything that is my opinion so fuck it :^)
28457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

No i disagree with that what benefits do personality disorders have? not as many if at all any.
It's selfish to want a cure and force it on people i'm all for a cure if it's optional and not forcing people into taking it but until people can prove that this won't happen it's illogical to let it happen.

I'm not against a cure if used properly but the fact is people like to go ahead and "treat" their kids without their say in the matter which is not OK.

You think a 10 year old kid should be cured of Autism because his mother can't handle him? without asking him what he want's?
That is what you will get my Parents even said if there was a cure they would have given it to me and i hate them for that it's utterly ridiculous and wrong on so many levels.

If there are laws put in place to prevent that kind of shit from happening then i would be all for it and i assume alot of other people would also as everyone else i have talked to on the matter against it is only against it because they know people WILL do this.

No one said everyone with Autism is smart but to eliminate Autism from the Gene pool or existance because some people suffer is just as wrong.


I will be for this if they put laws in place to stop parents from forcing their children into a cure and prevent the whole oh our child has Autism lets abort him (Which i don't think would work since Autism is only detectable after birth but in the future if there was a way letting people abort their children for that would be akin to Aborting your child because they have OCD or something along that lines.)

There is nothing wrong with being against a cure if you know people will use it wrong time has shown us this again and again look back at Gay therapy people had a "cure" for being gay so they forced their children into it which is just as wrong as forcing a cure for Autism upon a child.

This is different if the child is low functioning Autistic and cannot make the choice but the point i made is still highly valid.


That's like trying to say we shouldn't cure people born blind because we don't want to elminate them from the gene pool and some of them have really good hearing.

We shouldn't eliminate poverty because some people benefit from hardship and only some people suffer. Do you listen to your logic?

Also, some people suffer? The very criteria for diagnosis basically requires because of boneheads that like to view it as some type of flamboyant difference to wave around in the oppression Olympics.

Not wanting people to seek out a cure because of the threat it is to your identity is selfish.

And no people shouldn't want a cure for their children because they are a handful to deal with but rather the likely sensory experiences that are making that person out to be a handful--which I'm sure if there were to be a cure, they would be able to identify genetic markers and variants of autism at such a point.




1. Being blind is a pure negative thing and different in many ways if there were many positives to it and not all blind people suffered then i would say doing so is wrong a cure for being blind is fine as long as its given and taken with permission from the blind person

2. Poverty is a different thing and is way more harmful and has next to no good qualities unlike being Autistic so mute argument

3. Yes Some some people don't suffer also welcome to the world

4. Yes it is but wanting to eliminate Autism from the gene pool and forcing a cure on people is also selfish Autism is bad in many ways but it has positives and to deny the fact of that is just stupid Autism shouldn't be eliminated from the Gene pool doing so is not a threat to my identity but is just as wrong as letting someone choose what gender their child is what they look like and what they are into and how they act from the ground up.

5. Yes they should want that but ultimately the decision should still be up to the Child or Adult the parents should have no right to force it onto a person.


My greatest fear is that 500 years from now or sooner the world will no longer have any Autistic people for better or worse that would be a terrible thing in my opinion and honestly if i could prevent it i would i'm for a cure if people are responsible but preventing Autism well...lets just Prevent anything that is negative even if it has positives lets prevent ANGER from existing whilst we are at it being irrational.


I honestly completely disagree with you on this Prince and i never will agree with your form of reasoning personally if i found out i or someone else i knew was having a Autistic child and the mother or father wanted to Abort it i would do my best to talk them out of doing such a thing.

Also your ADHD comment i said a cure should be allowed but i don't think it should be prevented from birth at all.
I think a cure should exist but be a OPTION not a NECCESITY.
To say you would genetically make ADHD not exist or force a cure for ADHD on a child is UTTER insanity and the second thing being selfish.


A cure should exist ASLONG as people can be responsible with it and not be selfish and force it onto their children that is my ending statement honestly prince if you are going to be this ridiculous about this i don't see any reason arguing because i disagree with your view in it's entirety.

Whilst your reasoning has some merit to it you fail to acknowledge the merit in what i am saying the potential misuse of a cure and the problems (moral and not) that come with such a thing.
21712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17
It really is up to the person. But i do worry about repercussions
and it would have to be up to the person with autism unless they are rly on the low end of the spectrum
And also at a age to think it thru, like at least 18
28457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

redokami wrote:

It really is up to the person. But i do worry about repercussions
and it would have to be up to the person with autism unless they are rly on the low end of the spectrum
And also at a age to think it thru, like at least 18


That's the only reasonable way of doing it.
27131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

1. Being blind is a pure negative thing and different in many ways if there were many positives to it and not all blind people suffered then i would say doing so is wrong a cure for being blind is fine as long as its given and taken with permission from the blind person

2. Poverty is a different thing and is way more harmful and has next to no good qualities unlike being Autistic so mute argument

3. Yes Some some people don't suffer also welcome to the world

4. Yes it is but wanting to eliminate Autism from the gene pool and forcing a cure on people is also selfish Autism is bad in many ways but it has positives and to deny the fact of that is just stupid Autism shouldn't be eliminated from the Gene pool doing so is not a threat to my identity but is just as wrong as letting someone choose what gender their child is what they look like and what they are into and how they act from the ground up.

5. Yes they should want that but ultimately the decision should still be up to the Child or Adult the parents should have no right to force it onto a person.


My greatest fear is that 500 years from now or sooner the world will no longer have any Autistic people for better or worse that would be a terrible thing in my opinion and honestly if i could prevent it i would i'm for a cure if people are responsible but preventing Autism well...lets just Prevent anything that is negative even if it has positives lets prevent ANGER from existing whilst we are at it being irrational.


I honestly completely disagree with you on this Prince and i never will agree with your form of reasoning personally if i found out i or someone else i knew was having a Autistic child and the mother or father wanted to Abort it i would do my best to talk them out of doing such a thing.



Just because you "benefit" from it doesn't mean everyone does. It is short sighted and cruel to others. You can't define everything else as negative because you see it that way, that was my point just like you can't highlight autism into being a positive thing people should suffer in order to keep around--what a high and mighty position you place yourself in.

I miss the sexual energy I had from my anxiety when I wasn't on medication for it, but fucking hell it wasn't worth keeping it. There are 'benefits' to many things, and just because there are some for you doesn't mean everyone else should fuck off and suffer for it.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.