First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Trump is pro-cure
34494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17
I almost went into a rant at how retarded OP is, but Judar already has the situation handled.
28422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

1. Being blind is a pure negative thing and different in many ways if there were many positives to it and not all blind people suffered then i would say doing so is wrong a cure for being blind is fine as long as its given and taken with permission from the blind person

2. Poverty is a different thing and is way more harmful and has next to no good qualities unlike being Autistic so mute argument

3. Yes Some some people don't suffer also welcome to the world

4. Yes it is but wanting to eliminate Autism from the gene pool and forcing a cure on people is also selfish Autism is bad in many ways but it has positives and to deny the fact of that is just stupid Autism shouldn't be eliminated from the Gene pool doing so is not a threat to my identity but is just as wrong as letting someone choose what gender their child is what they look like and what they are into and how they act from the ground up.

5. Yes they should want that but ultimately the decision should still be up to the Child or Adult the parents should have no right to force it onto a person.


My greatest fear is that 500 years from now or sooner the world will no longer have any Autistic people for better or worse that would be a terrible thing in my opinion and honestly if i could prevent it i would i'm for a cure if people are responsible but preventing Autism well...lets just Prevent anything that is negative even if it has positives lets prevent ANGER from existing whilst we are at it being irrational.


I honestly completely disagree with you on this Prince and i never will agree with your form of reasoning personally if i found out i or someone else i knew was having a Autistic child and the mother or father wanted to Abort it i would do my best to talk them out of doing such a thing.



Just because you "benefit" from it doesn't mean everyone does. It is short sighted and cruel to others. You can't define everything else as negative because you see it that way, that was my point just like you can't highlight autism into being a positive thing people should suffer in order to keep around--what a high and mighty position you place yourself in.

I miss the sexual energy I had from my anxiety when I wasn't on medication for it, but fucking hell it wasn't worth keeping it. There are 'benefits' to many things, and just because there are some for you doesn't mean everyone else should fuck off and suffer for it.




Never said it didn't but just because Others suffer from it doesn't mean it is not short sighted and cruel just to wipe Autism from the Gene pool and stop it from existing.

I don't have a high and mighty place if you think that then you are misguided and that is sad i don't think people should suffer however i don't think we should highlight Autism as a Completely negative thing that needs a cure.

Again if you read what i said there is no logical reason to disagree i said a cure is a fine thing but it should be the person who has Autism who chooses to be cured or not that is completely reasonable and fine.
28422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

I almost went into a rant at how retarded OP is, but Judar already has the situation handled.


Judar is making herself look bad and i'm not being retarded im merely wanting what is best for both sides an option for a cure not a forced need nor the elimination/ wiping out Autism because people suffer from it is just as selfish and stupid as not allowing a cure because some people benefit.

There should be a cure but it should be up to the person who is Autistic to make the decision there should be no argument there the fact that there is just makes me lose faith in humanity but drives my want to make sure such a thing never happens

27125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:
Never said it didn't but just because Others suffer from it doesn't mean it is not short sighted and cruel just to wipe Autism from the Gene pool and stop it from existing.

I don't have a high and mighty place if you think that then you are misguided and that is sad i don't think people should suffer however i don't think we should highlight Autism as a Completely negative thing that needs a cure.

Again if you read what i said there is no logical reason to disagree i said a cure is a fine thing but it should be the person who has Autism who chooses to be cured or not that is completely reasonable and fine.


If you think your parents stop altering your brain at birth you are naive. Parents already have the ability to fuck over your neuorodevelopment--they could refuse to hold you, abuse you or not provide you adequate resources. They already have that power to influence and modify your neurological state beyond reprehensible repair, especially in the early developmental stages. A cure for autism is not offering them a position of power more than they already have.

As for autism, it's a disorder for a reason. It impairs daily functioning. That is negative. Just because I turned out a better person due to my hardships does not entail I would inflict them upon my child in a selfish attempt to ensure they turn out similar to myself or as a means of propping up ego.

Do what you want with your kid, but you're hypocritically snarling at people that may want the best for theirs. Wanting a cure is not the heinous evil you want to make it out to be.

28422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Never said it didn't but just because Others suffer from it doesn't mean it is not short sighted and cruel just to wipe Autism from the Gene pool and stop it from existing.

I don't have a high and mighty place if you think that then you are misguided and that is sad i don't think people should suffer however i don't think we should highlight Autism as a Completely negative thing that needs a cure.

Again if you read what i said there is no logical reason to disagree i said a cure is a fine thing but it should be the person who has Autism who chooses to be cured or not that is completely reasonable and fine.


If you think your parents stop altering your brain at birth you are naive. Parents already have the ability to fuck over your neuorodevelopment--they could refuse to hold you, abuse you or not provide you adequate resources. They already have that power to influence and modify your neurological state beyond reprehensible repair, especially in the early developmental stages. A cure for autism is not offering them a position of power more than they already have.

As for autism, it's a disorder to for a reason. It impairs daily functioning. That is negative. Just because I turned out a better person due to my hardships does not entail I would inflict them upon my child in a selfish attempt to ensure they turn out similar to myself or as a means of propping up ego.

Do what you want with your kid, but you're hypocritically snarling at people that may want the best for theirs. Wanting a cure is not the heinous evil you want to make it out to be.




Yes and all of that is wrong and i don't think they stop but i don't think they should have as much power as possible i don't believe they should have the right to do all that stuff.

Yes Autism is a disorder but that doesn't mean it should be wiped out of the gene pool it does impair daily functioning and that is a problem a cure should be available for the person who suffers or doesn't from it to choose to take but taking it out of the gene pool preventing their birth is silly.

I want the best for my child and people should want the best for theirs as long as that doesn't entail removing Autism from the gene pool and forcing a cure on their 6 year old child without his permission.

Wanting a cure is no heinous but it can be used in heinous ways and that is not something you can argue against it's a fact if people want the best for their kids that is good aslong as they don't force something on their kids they assume is the best for them such a change is something the child should decide if it's permanent.

Now i know what your thinking but Ryu are you saying you should not cure children from being blind without their permission well no different thing altogether Autism like Blindness does impair daily function but blindness does not have as massive of effect on a child as Autism does curing it would change who they are and how they act you would be remoddeling them as a person from the ground up they wouldn't be them anymore.

I'm only adovcating for the fair use of a cure if people can use it properly then its existance should happen.
34494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

I almost went into a rant at how retarded OP is, but Judar already has the situation handled.


Judar is making herself look bad

No. You are making yourself look bad.


and i'm not being retarded im merely wanting what is best for both sides myself

FTFY


an option for a cure not a forced

It's not being forced. I was "forced" to take clonodine, risperdal, and metadate as a child, and I thank my parents for it.

Some people need medication as a control, and luckily I was able to learn how to control my ADHD lest I would have ended up in some juvenile detention center.

need nor the elimination/

I have no idea what you are saying here.


wiping out Autism because people suffer from it is just as selfish and stupid as not allowing a cure because some people benefit.

It's not "wiping" out anything. It's helping people who suffer from it a lot worse than you to be able to live the life that they want.


There should be a cure but it should be up to the person who is Autistic to make the decision there should be no argument there the fact that there is just makes me lose faith in humanity but drives my want to make sure such a thing never happens

I don't expect an 8 year old to have the mental faculties to make his own decision. That's literally like saying you should listen to a child who doesn't want his vaccinations because he is scared of needles.


Editing takes too long on mobile, so I am done here until I have access to my computer.
4376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/17
A cure is a good thing!

Yes Trump, in typical trump fashion, may not word it the best but autism is a disability! that isn't a good thing!


My brother has it and it's honestly pretty worrying. While he's not too bad and can do a lot on his own he does have some issues that may make it hard if not impossible for him to live on his own. I'm certainly hoping he grows enough to be able to take care of himself but there are a few areas I'm honestly worried about.


I think I'm commented with the OP about this before, your name strikes me as familiar, but what I just don't agree with is the notion that autism somehow defines your existence. It's like saying a cripple person should stay cripple because that's just who they are.

With or without autism you are still you. It's just the impulses that were beyond your control to begin with will be different. But those kinds of things were never YOU from the start.

Who you are isn't defined by how your brain and body react to things. Who you are is what you think beyond that stuff and how you handle your bodies responses. that won't change even without autism but the impulses coming from your body will be different.


I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well so lets see if this helps. Imagine where was a process that could transplant your conciousness into another body. Do you become that person because you now how their brain and body or are you still you because it's still your conciousness in there? I would argue it's still you because while the brain and body may work differently such things were not a part of your core identity to start with.



My other problem with this argument of "they are too young to choose" is that with stuff like brains it's harder and more dangerous to mess with them as you get older. So if you're EVER going to cure it then it should be done while they are young. Just because you were born with a defect doesn't mean that is "how you are meant to be" and should remain that way. Sometimes things go wrong and if it can be fixed then it should be.

Who you are and who you become won't be changed anymore than a deaf child being made able to hear. Yes the life you live and your experiences will be different but that's just how life is. The life you live after cure is no less valid than the one you lived before and it would be with less impairment and struggle.



P.S. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life and if you're happy with who you are that is great. But don't treat autism as an identity thing and fight a cure. No matter what you say it's a disability and I've seen the struggle it causes.
27125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/31/17 , edited 5/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:




Yes and all of that is wrong and i don't think they stop but i don't think they should have as much power as possible i don't believe they should have the right to do all that stuff.

Yes Autism is a disorder but that doesn't mean it should be wiped out of the gene pool it does impair daily functioning and that is a problem a cure should be available for the person who suffers or doesn't from it to choose to take but taking it out of the gene pool preventing their birth is silly.

I want the best for my child and people should want the best for theirs as long as that doesn't entail removing Autism from the gene pool and forcing a cure on their 6 year old child without his permission.

Wanting a cure is no heinous but it can be used in heinous ways and that is not something you can argue against it's a fact if people want the best for their kids that is good aslong as they don't force something on their kids they assume is the best for them such a change is something the child should decide if it's permanent.

Now i know what your thinking but Ryu are you saying you should not cure children from being blind without their permission well no different thing altogether Autism like Blindness does impair daily function but blindness does not have as massive of effect on a child as Autism does curing it would change who they are and how they act you would be remoddeling them as a person from the ground up they wouldn't be them anymore.

I'm only adovcating for the fair use of a cure if people can use it properly then its existance should happen.


They already have that power. They change numerous genes the very second you're born. Your neurological state is altered every step of the way, from choosing what foods you consume to the toys they pick out for you. That's what you're not getting.

You don't think being blind from birth would change the type of person someone turns out to be?

"...blindness does not have as massive of effect on a child as Autism...."

*drops mic*

28422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

I almost went into a rant at how retarded OP is, but Judar already has the situation handled.


Judar is making herself look bad

No. You are making yourself look bad.


and i'm not being retarded im merely wanting what is best for both sides myself

FTFY


an option for a cure not a forced

It's not being forced. I was "forced" to take clonodine, risperdal, and metadate as a child ,and I thank my parents for it.

Some people need medication as a control, and luckily I was able to learn how to control my ADHD lest I would have ended up in some juvenile detention center.

need nor the elimination/

I have no idea what you are saying here.


wiping out Autism because people suffer from it is just as selfish and stupid as not allowing a cure because some people benefit.

It's not "wiping" out anything. It's helping people who suffer from it a lot worse than you to be able to live the life that they want.


There should be a cure but it should be up to the person who is Autistic to make the decision there should be no argument there the fact that there is just makes me lose faith in humanity but drives my want to make sure such a thing never happens

I don't expect an 8 year old to have the mental faculties to make his own decision. That's literally like saying you should listen to a child who doesn't want his vaccinations because he is scared of needles.



1. So is Judar so we both look stupid
2. Not true how is forcing Autism out of existance good for Autistic people it's not if anything it's just plain disrespectful and wrong it causes more harm then good by allowing this kind of thing you might aswell start allowing people to choose their childs sexuality and sex.

3. Well if i was cured as a child i would despise my parents i already told them i hate them for even considering to do something that stupid it's not their decision of course some people need it that is fine completely fine but no everyone needs it some people are fine without a cure and it should be up to them unless neccesary again Curing Autism would change you completely from head to toe mentally.

4. We don't need the elemination of Autism from the world.
5. Again if you read anything i said, i said i was all for helping people live the life they want if they choose to be cured then they should be cured if they don't want a cure they shouldn't be cured
6. Then good a treatment for it is fine enough until they are old enough to make the decision for a cure because a cure is permanent and not always the best thing for a person and they may like who they are and not want to change to change them because you think it benefits them is just selfish.

There are many treatments to manage Autism that are fine enough to use till the person is old enough to make the choice after all that choice will change who they are as a person their personality and how they think and act that's not something a parent should decide for someone imo.

If it was then we might aswell say parents who wanted to decide to cure their gay children were right because they thought it would be better for them.


Please read what i said before you jump to conclusions thank you ^^
28422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:




Yes and all of that is wrong and i don't think they stop but i don't think they should have as much power as possible i don't believe they should have the right to do all that stuff.

Yes Autism is a disorder but that doesn't mean it should be wiped out of the gene pool it does impair daily functioning and that is a problem a cure should be available for the person who suffers or doesn't from it to choose to take but taking it out of the gene pool preventing their birth is silly.

I want the best for my child and people should want the best for theirs as long as that doesn't entail removing Autism from the gene pool and forcing a cure on their 6 year old child without his permission.

Wanting a cure is no heinous but it can be used in heinous ways and that is not something you can argue against it's a fact if people want the best for their kids that is good aslong as they don't force something on their kids they assume is the best for them such a change is something the child should decide if it's permanent.

Now i know what your thinking but Ryu are you saying you should not cure children from being blind without their permission well no different thing altogether Autism like Blindness does impair daily function but blindness does not have as massive of effect on a child as Autism does curing it would change who they are and how they act you would be remoddeling them as a person from the ground up they wouldn't be them anymore.

I'm only adovcating for the fair use of a cure if people can use it properly then its existance should happen.


They already have that power. They change numerous genes the very second you're born. Your neurological state is altered every step of the way, from choosing what foods you consume to the toys they pick out for you. That's what you're not getting.

You don't think being blind from birth would change the type of person someone turns out to be?

"...blindness does not have as massive of effect on a child as Autism...."

*drops mic*




I do get that but those changes are no where near as massive or avoidable unlike this being blind from birth would change the type of person someone turns out to be that's common sense.

Not sure why your dropping a mic i meant in the way that unlike being Autistic the negatives of blindness outweigh the positives of course the same is with Autism but Autism can positively impact people in more ways then blindness can you of all people should know i'm notoriously bad at wording what i mean.

You are arguing forcing a cure on an Autistic child because it will help them in your opinion that is disgusting and honestly you do what you want with your child but if they hate you for it then that's on you, you would be at fault of course they might love you for it also but such a thing should not be your option but theirs.

I'm not going to reply to you anymore because your beliefs are opposite to mine and i don't see a middle ground people like you want to cure people who suffer even if they don't want that cure themselves or are unable to make that decision no matter that we make those decisions that change our children all the time i think that is unforgivable and honestly Prince i think you are a terrible person for that and a terrible potential Mother don't take that as fact that is merely my opinion.

It's so selfish to cure a child without them making such a decision that's such a big change no one should have the right over something like that on that level just to fix something their child may not even find as annoying or something that makes life hard for them.
4376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


1. So is Judar so we both look stupid
2. Not true how is forcing Autism out of existance good for Autistic people it's not if anything it's just plain disrespectful and wrong it causes more harm then good by allowing this kind of thing you might aswell start allowing people to choose their childs sexuality and sex.

3. Well if i was cured as a child i would despise my parents i already told them i hate them for even considering to do something that stupid it's not their decision of course some people need it that is fine completely fine but no everyone needs it some people are fine without a cure and it should be up to them unless neccesary again Curing Autism would change you completely from head to toe mentally.

4. We don't need the elemination of Autism from the world.
5. Again if you read anything i said, i said i was all for helping people live the life they want if they choose to be cured then they should be cured if they don't want a cure they shouldn't be cured
6. Then good a treatment for it is fine enough until they are old enough to make the decision for a cure because a cure is permanent and not always the best thing for a person and they may like who they are and not want to change to change them because you think it benefits them is just selfish.

There are many treatments to manage Autism that are fine enough to use till the person is old enough to make the choice after all that choice will change who they are as a person their personality and how they think and act that's not something a parent should decide for someone imo.

If it was then we might aswell say parents who wanted to decide to cure their gay children were right because they thought it would be better for them.


Please read what i said before you jump to conclusions thank you ^^


2. Autism isn't a "people". You're talking like it's some kind of evolution and you're some sort of new race. It's a freaking disability and defect. It's a flaw in the brain chemistry just like every other defect that causes children to be born deaf, blind, ect.

3. I honestly feel bad for your parents. They clearly spoiled you far too much as a child for you to treat them like that. Again what you don't get is this isn't something that can be "left up to them" because by the time they are old enough to be considered able to make their own legal descicions they can't get the surgery. The fact you keep making this argument shows how little you understand about the brain.

4.Yes we do. If we could make it so people aren't born blind, deaf, or worse then people could live their lives more freely and without being limited by body defects.

6.I covered this already. You're acting like autism is "who you are" but it's only a defect that influences the experiences you had in life. You don't cease to exist without it!




Oh so now homosexuality is a defect again. I'm sure the LGBT community would LOVE to hear you tell them that . Because that is what you are saying by comparing autism to homosexuality.
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 5/31/17

Metazoxan wrote:

A cure is a good thing!

Yes Trump, in typical trump fashion, may not word it the best but autism is a disability! that isn't a good thing!


My brother has it and it's honestly pretty worrying. While he's not too bad and can do a lot on his own he does have some issues that may make it hard if not impossible for him to live on his own. I'm certainly hoping he grows enough to be able to take care of himself but there are a few areas I'm honestly worried about.


I think I'm commented with the OP about this before, your name strikes me as familiar, but what I just don't agree with is the notion that autism somehow defines your existence. It's like saying a cripple person should stay cripple because that's just who they are.

With or without autism you are still you. It's just the impulses that were beyond your control to begin with will be different. But those kinds of things were never YOU from the start.

Who you are isn't defined by how your brain and body react to things. Who you are is what you think beyond that stuff and how you handle your bodies responses. that won't change even without autism but the impulses coming from your body will be different.


I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well so lets see if this helps. Imagine where was a process that could transplant your conciousness into another body. Do you become that person because you now how their brain and body or are you still you because it's still your conciousness in there? I would argue it's still you because while the brain and body may work differently such things were not a part of your core identity to start with.



My other problem with this argument of "they are too young to choose" is that with stuff like brains it's harder and more dangerous to mess with them as you get older. So if you're EVER going to cure it then it should be done while they are young. Just because you were born with a defect doesn't mean that is "how you are meant to be" and should remain that way. Sometimes things go wrong and if it can be fixed then it should be.

Who you are and who you become won't be changed anymore than a deaf child being made able to hear. Yes the life you live and your experiences will be different but that's just how life is. The life you live after cure is no less valid than the one you lived before and it would be with less impairment and struggle.



P.S. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life and if you're happy with who you are that is great. But don't treat autism as an identity thing and fight a cure. No matter what you say it's a disability and I've seen the struggle it causes.


I guess ur right, but as we said its up to the individual, so as for me itd feel like a piece was taken
And i do aee ur point with surgery younger
28422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

Metazoxan wrote:

A cure is a good thing!

Yes Trump, in typical trump fashion, may not word it the best but autism is a disability! that isn't a good thing!


My brother has it and it's honestly pretty worrying. While he's not too bad and can do a lot on his own he does have some issues that may make it hard if not impossible for him to live on his own. I'm certainly hoping he grows enough to be able to take care of himself but there are a few areas I'm honestly worried about.


I think I'm commented with the OP about this before, your name strikes me as familiar, but what I just don't agree with is the notion that autism somehow defines your existence. It's like saying a cripple person should stay cripple because that's just who they are.

With or without autism you are still you. It's just the impulses that were beyond your control to begin with will be different. But those kinds of things were never YOU from the start.

Who you are isn't defined by how your brain and body react to things. Who you are is what you think beyond that stuff and how you handle your bodies responses. that won't change even without autism but the impulses coming from your body will be different.


I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well so lets see if this helps. Imagine where was a process that could transplant your conciousness into another body. Do you become that person because you now how their brain and body or are you still you because it's still your conciousness in there? I would argue it's still you because while the brain and body may work differently such things were not a part of your core identity to start with.



My other problem with this argument of "they are too young to choose" is that with stuff like brains it's harder and more dangerous to mess with them as you get older. So if you're EVER going to cure it then it should be done while they are young. Just because you were born with a defect doesn't mean that is "how you are meant to be" and should remain that way. Sometimes things go wrong and if it can be fixed then it should be.

Who you are and who you become won't be changed anymore than a deaf child being made able to hear. Yes the life you live and your experiences will be different but that's just how life is. The life you live after cure is no less valid than the one you lived before and it would be with less impairment and struggle.



P.S. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life and if you're happy with who you are that is great. But don't treat autism as an identity thing and fight a cure. No matter what you say it's a disability and I've seen the struggle it causes.


oh i agree a cure itself is good but some people would be worse of with it or would not want it they should have that choice.
I also agree treating it whilst its young is a logical thing treatment wise however why should the parent have the right to decide that?
if my parents did it to me i would be furious they have no such right of course you are right the life you live after is no less or more valid however whether or not the parent has the right to do so is something i disagree with granted i can see the merits in saying they do have the right to do so and its good for the child but there is the opposite side people never really look at is it best for the child some people flourish because they are Autistic (of course this is rare) do parents have a right to change their childrens Neurotype etc there is alot of ethical concerns.

I'm not against a cure im Against it being used against peoples wills i have seen the struggle it causes also but i do not believe making people neurotypical via curing them of Autism is the best way to go about it since it's a one way street and many people grow up not wanting to change (whilst some do want to change) is changing someone who would potentially not want to be changed ok?

There is too many issues with it i mean go ahead as a parent if you wanted to give your son or daughter a cure nothing i can say could stop you but i just have many issues against it ethical concerns and concerns about what the person would want.
28422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/31/17

Metazoxan wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


1. So is Judar so we both look stupid
2. Not true how is forcing Autism out of existance good for Autistic people it's not if anything it's just plain disrespectful and wrong it causes more harm then good by allowing this kind of thing you might aswell start allowing people to choose their childs sexuality and sex.

3. Well if i was cured as a child i would despise my parents i already told them i hate them for even considering to do something that stupid it's not their decision of course some people need it that is fine completely fine but no everyone needs it some people are fine without a cure and it should be up to them unless neccesary again Curing Autism would change you completely from head to toe mentally.

4. We don't need the elemination of Autism from the world.
5. Again if you read anything i said, i said i was all for helping people live the life they want if they choose to be cured then they should be cured if they don't want a cure they shouldn't be cured
6. Then good a treatment for it is fine enough until they are old enough to make the decision for a cure because a cure is permanent and not always the best thing for a person and they may like who they are and not want to change to change them because you think it benefits them is just selfish.

There are many treatments to manage Autism that are fine enough to use till the person is old enough to make the choice after all that choice will change who they are as a person their personality and how they think and act that's not something a parent should decide for someone imo.

If it was then we might aswell say parents who wanted to decide to cure their gay children were right because they thought it would be better for them.


Please read what i said before you jump to conclusions thank you ^^


2. Autism isn't a "people". You're talking like it's some kind of evolution and you're some sort of new race. It's a freaking disability and defect. It's a flaw in the brain chemistry just like every other defect that causes children to be born deaf, blind, ect.

3. I honestly feel bad for your parents. They clearly spoiled you far too much as a child for you to treat them like that. Again what you don't get is this isn't something that can be "left up to them" because by the time they are old enough to be considered able to make their own legal descicions they can't get the surgery. The fact you keep making this argument shows how little you understand about the brain.

4.Yes we do. If we could make it so people aren't born blind, deaf, or worse then people could live their lives more freely and without being limited by body defects.

6.I covered this already. You're acting like autism is "who you are" but it's only a defect that influences the experiences you had in life. You don't cease to exist without it!




Oh so now homosexuality is a defect again. I'm sure the LGBT community would LOVE to hear you tell them that . Because that is what you are saying by comparing autism to homosexuality.



1. Autistic people are people we are all human would you rather i split it as Autistic people and Neurotypical people? it would have the same benefit as what i was trying for.

2. i wasn't spoiled as a child i had a hard life i love my parents but i hate them for even having that thought i don't mean i hate them altogether i love them but them wanting to force a cure onto me is disgusting and not something they had the right to even consider.
I understand by the time you are of age to make the decision it can't happen anymore thats a big issue however that doesn't give them right to make that decision in any respect what they wanted was selfish and seeing it like i do is not being spoilt.

3. I disagree completely but you believe what you want but i won't ever agree with it and many people i know and talk to on a daily basis won't ever either.
4. Who i would be does cease to exist i become someone different who we are is our memories and personality and conciousness changing your memories and personality i would consider that someone becoming a different person you can disagree if you want but i don't think thats a change anyone should have control over but the person themselves.

By the time we ever come to a cure for Autism if we ever do it's unlikely but if we do it will be a while and im sure we will find a way to make a cure whilst an adult possible thus allowing for people to make the decision for themselves but i hold my opinions and will keep them you can disagree if you want we all have opinions i personally thing your opinions are damaging i think the lack of Autistic people in the world would be a negative thing but that is up to opinion.
4376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:



Not sure why your dropping a mic i meant in the way that unlike being Autistic the negatives of blindness outweigh the positives of course the same is with Autism but Autism can positively impact people in more ways then blindness can you of all people should know i'm notoriously bad at wording what i mean.


It's so selfish to cure a child without them making such a decision that's such a big change no one should have the right over something like that on that level just to fix something their child may not even find as annoying or something that makes life hard for them.


No ..... no it isn't. just because you feel you benefitted from autism doesn't mean that it's a positive thing that helps people more than hurts them. ESPECIALLY if they get a more severe level of it and as far as I know there is no way to gauge that kind of thing early on.


And you're even more selfish as you're deciding their better off growing up with it and making such a decision for them. Again surgeries like this can only really be done in infancy safely because of how the brain develops. So choosing to deny a cure is deciding the child's future just as much as choosing to give it to them.




Also one other thing I'd like to bring up. Do you even know what parenting is? Part of being a parent is occasionally making decisions on your child's behalf. It can be because they are too young and irresponsible or it could be because they made the same mistake and don't want tehir child to make the same one.

But part of being a parent is making decisions on your behalf that they feel is best for you. It's important because children are naive and if left alone will generally ruin their lives because they don't understand the consequences of their actions. Again curind brain defects isn't something you can just casually leave until they are 15 or 20 or whatever. It's more effective and safer to do during youth.

So curing it falls under the "decisions parents have to make for their children" category.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.