First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Pulling out of the Paris Agreement is more then just politics.
21973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

AP3Brain wrote:

I see the anti-lib crowd is pretty active here (even if this is a bipartisan issue). Still can't believe there are climate change deniers. Also can't believe people are against an agreement that simply put hopeful GOALS for CO2 missions. It's not like any country was forced to cut emissions. Countries are all choosing to because they don't want to do irreparable damage to the planet and renewable energy is a profitable and mostly untapped space. The point of the agreement is to get the whole world behind an issue that affects the entire planet.

If you are concerned about the economic costs of switching to renewables....conservative estimates(https://goo.gl/0D4LhV) are that failing to mitigate climate change will cost us 10% of GDP over 50 years. In contrast, carbon taxes may actually boost GDP, if the revenue is used to offset other taxes or even just returned as an equitable dividend(https://goo.gl/iWOBzo). The poor tend to spend money when they've got it, which boosts economic growth.

Are you guys honestly against this agreement or are you simply defending Trump because you voted for him? What was your opinion on this before Trump's run for presidency? I voted for Obama and there were actions he took that I did not agree with... not sure why some people are so adamant about defending every single one of Trump's actions.


https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/files/2015/12/Press-Release-NEW-STUDY-OF-NOAA-USHCN.pdf

A study of NOAA's study found they took the temperatures from urban locations instead of measuring from locations without the urban heat effect.
2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Local trashcan
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

Lemontitties wrote:


TarNaru33 wrote:



Try re-reading your post over and over again until you realize how stupidly hypocritical you are being. So he has to pay heed to your source despite the guy's bias, you claim he needs to source why the guy is biased, while you refuse to watch his sources because they are "biased"? lol... Jesus, some people just do not have it in them to be honest. If you don't want to discuss just say so.


You all should realize that many of the fuels we use today are going to have to phase out anyways and U.S leaving the Paris accords would likely hurt it more than help it.



Lemontitties wrote:


alchemist27ish wrote:


also you linked a youtube video as a claim against the climate accords so im not sure what your point is there?


Hey, all I did was provide a video to inform on why our president is doing what he's doing. You're trying to do something that's different which is claiming he's "wrong". Providing videos of people like Potholer54 who's known for refusing to go on Steven's show to have a debate about the whole thing is pretty laughable and fishy in my opinion. Especially when Steven is a pretty lenient guy when he has guests on the show, both conservative and liberal mind you.


I've already explained how the two are different, especially considering this debunker's unwillingness to go on the show to discuss it properly.


that is a complete lie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeOZSMrwnYw&t=35s
go to 9:00 here
2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Local trashcan
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

Rujikin wrote:


alchemist27ish wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


alchemist27ish wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


mxdan wrote:


Lemontitties wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVOOMyYde0c&t=308s

Like him, dislike him, this is pretty informal on why Trump is pulling out.


So you trust some random guy's theoretical opinion on what might happen over countless studies that show what will happen if we don't tackle this issue.

Do you guys not think it odd that nearly the entire world agrees on something but the Republican party is caught on subterfuge and theoretical scenarios? Or is this just the 'liberal worlds' bias?


You mean like how by 2012/2015 we were suppose to have major flooding and most of Florida would be wiped off the map? Oh no wait... Our doom has been rescheduled for 20 years past the previous goal marker. In 20 years what they said 15 years will definitely come true, they have never been wrong before.


can i get some sources on those claims?


The source is my textbooks and tests I had to take in school. I wonder if I could dig the claims up somewhere on google... Pretty much we be having an ecological collapse right now and were not. I've talked to people older than I am and they have said they were told the same thing but it was set to happen in early 2000's.

so what you're saying is you have only anecdotal evidence and i'm supposed to take what you say at face value?


You call the education of millions of children anecdotal? Are you saying that the climate change information was indeed anecdotal?

i'm saying your claims are anecdotal.
2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Local trashcan
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

Rujikin wrote:


AP3Brain wrote:

I see the anti-lib crowd is pretty active here (even if this is a bipartisan issue). Still can't believe there are climate change deniers. Also can't believe people are against an agreement that simply put hopeful GOALS for CO2 missions. It's not like any country was forced to cut emissions. Countries are all choosing to because they don't want to do irreparable damage to the planet and renewable energy is a profitable and mostly untapped space. The point of the agreement is to get the whole world behind an issue that affects the entire planet.

If you are concerned about the economic costs of switching to renewables....conservative estimates(https://goo.gl/0D4LhV) are that failing to mitigate climate change will cost us 10% of GDP over 50 years. In contrast, carbon taxes may actually boost GDP, if the revenue is used to offset other taxes or even just returned as an equitable dividend(https://goo.gl/iWOBzo). The poor tend to spend money when they've got it, which boosts economic growth.

Are you guys honestly against this agreement or are you simply defending Trump because you voted for him? What was your opinion on this before Trump's run for presidency? I voted for Obama and there were actions he took that I did not agree with... not sure why some people are so adamant about defending every single one of Trump's actions.


https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/files/2015/12/Press-Release-NEW-STUDY-OF-NOAA-USHCN.pdf

A study of NOAA's study found they took the temperatures from urban locations instead of measuring from locations without the urban heat effect.


https://skepticalscience.com/urban-heat-island-effect.htm
scientists are actually pretty clear about the urban heating effect
https://skepticalscience.com/global-cooling.htm we also use effects in the environment to conclude if things are warming or not, like the polar ice caps or what not, we may be in a cooler trend on the earth but we are seeing the effects of warming.
2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Local trashcan
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

MysteryMiss wrote:

If your looking for sympathy you won't get it from me.. My brother and uncle work for Prudhoe Bay and on the pipelines.
ever heard of supply and demand?

> I do agree driving smarter cars clean emissions great but let's not joke around we still burn oil.
> Also trump supporting these companies keeps my family members working.



sooooo, fuck you got myn?
21973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

alchemist27ish wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/files/2015/12/Press-Release-NEW-STUDY-OF-NOAA-USHCN.pdf

A study of NOAA's study found they took the temperatures from urban locations instead of measuring from locations without the urban heat effect.


https://skepticalscience.com/urban-heat-island-effect.htm
scientists are actually pretty clear about the urban heating effect
https://skepticalscience.com/global-cooling.htm we also use effects in the environment to conclude if things are warming or not, like the polar ice caps or what not, we may be in a cooler trend on the earth but we are seeing the effects of warming.


Yeah it can increase temps by multiple degrees and they are focusing on those measurements instead of measurements where the heat effect isn't happening.

Oh look! The ice is receding! It must obviously be those apes hunting the mammoths!

2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Local trashcan
Offline
Posted 6/1/17 , edited 6/1/17
We just withdrew, so the US is fucked, right?
20081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

alchemist27ish wrote:

We just withdrew, so the US is fucked, right?


no its a good thing for America.. That Paris Agreement would have cost us Americans tax payers billions, and would have also cost us millions of jobs.
18838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 6/1/17
considering china is leading the renewable energy market, im not really supprised.
2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Local trashcan
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

Rujikin wrote:


alchemist27ish wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/files/2015/12/Press-Release-NEW-STUDY-OF-NOAA-USHCN.pdf

A study of NOAA's study found they took the temperatures from urban locations instead of measuring from locations without the urban heat effect.


https://skepticalscience.com/urban-heat-island-effect.htm
scientists are actually pretty clear about the urban heating effect
https://skepticalscience.com/global-cooling.htm we also use effects in the environment to conclude if things are warming or not, like the polar ice caps or what not, we may be in a cooler trend on the earth but we are seeing the effects of warming.


Yeah it can increase temps by multiple degrees and they are focusing on those measurements instead of measurements where the heat effect isn't happening.

Oh look! The ice is receding! It must obviously be those apes hunting the mammoths!


https://skepticalscience.com/climate-models.htm
https://skepticalscience.com/himalayan-glaciers-growing.htm
https://skepticalscience.com/greenland-cooling-gaining-ice.htm
https://skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm
Posted 6/1/17 , edited 6/1/17
India would have been allowed to double its coal production by 2020 while we get fucked?
Haha
Thank you Trump

nemoskull wrote:

considering china is leading the renewable energy market, im not really supprised.




Mmm yes, China, so green...
21973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

alchemist27ish wrote:

We just withdrew, so the US is fucked, right?


No we didn't sign it were good. The others are fucked. We are doing just fine on our own.



22070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 6/1/17
#MAGA Make America Grey Again
2086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Local trashcan
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


alchemist27ish wrote:

We just withdrew, so the US is fucked, right?


no its a good thing for America.. That Paris Agreement would have cost us Americans tax payers billions, and would have also cost us millions of jobs.


https://skepticalscience.com/co2-limits-economy.htm
huh?
http://fortune.com/2017/01/27/solar-wind-renewable-jobs/
huh?
http://www.energyfactcheck.org/jobs
huh?
http://www.businessinsider.com/paris-climate-agreement-trump-decision-2017-5
huh?
21973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/1/17

alchemist27ish wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


alchemist27ish wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/files/2015/12/Press-Release-NEW-STUDY-OF-NOAA-USHCN.pdf

A study of NOAA's study found they took the temperatures from urban locations instead of measuring from locations without the urban heat effect.


https://skepticalscience.com/urban-heat-island-effect.htm
scientists are actually pretty clear about the urban heating effect
https://skepticalscience.com/global-cooling.htm we also use effects in the environment to conclude if things are warming or not, like the polar ice caps or what not, we may be in a cooler trend on the earth but we are seeing the effects of warming.


Yeah it can increase temps by multiple degrees and they are focusing on those measurements instead of measurements where the heat effect isn't happening.

Oh look! The ice is receding! It must obviously be those apes hunting the mammoths!


https://skepticalscience.com/climate-models.htm
https://skepticalscience.com/himalayan-glaciers-growing.htm
https://skepticalscience.com/greenland-cooling-gaining-ice.htm
https://skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm


Cool you gave me a bunch of broken links... Can't click those.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.