First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Trump's travel ban
Posted 6/2/17
Let's talk about the travel ban as you know it is headed to the surpreme court
the countries are listed below :
Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen, I'm thinking hey i don't have a issue with this?

Many terrorists have trained or come from these countries right so here is the question?
>Do you support and if so why?
If you don't give answers as to why?

please keep on topic thanks
25473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/5/17
Im all for it. The clusterfuck in Europe is more than enough of a reason for me to support it.
5171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/4/17
It's the first step to banning Muslims entirely; which he obviously wants to do based off what he has said multiple times during the campaign.

He also claims it is temporary to give time for the administration to fix the current system of vetting immigrants but it has been way past the few months he claimed it would take to fix vetting so why does he still need a ban?
14426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/2/17
Heard someone suggest that it should be extended to all immigration so that the whole system can be overhauled entirely.
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/3/17

AP3Brain wrote:

It's the first step to banning Muslims entirely; which he obviously wants to do based off what he has said multiple times during the campaign.

He also claims it is temporary to give time for the administration to fix the current system of vetting immigrants but it has been way past the few months he claimed it would take to fix vetting so why does he still need a ban?


this. the travel ban was to last 90 days. its been well over that. which means they should have it figured out.

and the ban will affect NBA players who are currently back home in countries that are banned. Trump affecting my personal life once more. let the ban die off. please
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/2/17
actually doing more research, BECAUSE the ban was only issued for 90 days the 2nd time, the ban will expire by next week

yes you're hearing this right. if the supreme court actually rules in favor of the ban, it would've expired already, meaning Trump as to make a 3rd ban, which will most likely be blocked again, going through the WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN

basically, there will be no ban. no matter what you want
27671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/17

b17bomber wrote:

actually doing more research, BECAUSE the ban was only issued for 90 days the 2nd time, the ban will expire by next week

yes you're hearing this right. if the supreme court actually rules in favor of the ban, it would've expired already, meaning Trump as to make a 3rd ban, which will most likely be blocked again, going through the WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN

basically, there will be no ban. no matter what you want


If they win in the Supreme Court that will set a new precedent that federal judges wouldn't be able to overrule.
Posted 6/2/17
We must wait to hear back from the supreme court and by the way I believe Trump has done the right thing
what is going on in Europe can easily occur here flying back and forth to get training?(really come on)
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/2/17

MysteryMiss wrote:

We must wait to hear back from the supreme court and by the way I believe Trump has done the right thing
what is going on in Europe can easily occur here flying back and forth to get training?(really come on)



how many successful terrorist attacks in europe were from people of those countries?

and you can't say 'no its cuz muslim' because then the ban will be instantly unconstitutional

credible sources are appreciated

btw the US isn't Europe. exactly ONE 'attack' from a single person has been from those countries since 9/11 (even before then. those countries dont attac)

the one attack was a Somali man who went over the edge about seeing how badly his people were treated, and decided to try to stab people at OSU, which he failed at btw.

and the ban on Iran is just pathetic. i know many Iranians, and compared to the middle east, the people of iran are very westernized. (i already know someones gonna post those govt funded 'death to america' protests. just like here in the USA, not everyone likes their GOVT In Iran)
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/2/17
I'm fine with the travel ban. Travel bans aren't exactly a new concept and no country should be forced to accept immigrants. Albeit the travel ban shouldn't affect current citizens and only affect prospective citizens.

The U.S. doesn't have a problem with Muslim neighborhoods and terror attacks like Europe does, and I'd prefer it to stay that way until the banned countries clean up their act and stop being commanded by a "holy" book written by a child predator.

54633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/3/17
America sounded like they're becoming like Ancient Roman Empire! They prevented outsider from coming in, but of course the biggest threat wasn't from outside but inside!

Even if Trump ban the outsider from coming to America, he forgetting one thing that cause Roman Empire to fall.. That is internal conflict! Our own people!

Are America doom to repeat the history from Roman Empire that cause the split becoming East and West?


Are we heading for another Civil War?

I'm pretty sure Marcus Octavius will agree with me (from Highlander:The Search for Vengeance)

He knows its happening because he witness this during his beloved Roman Empire destruction!

1252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/2/17

JanusCascade wrote:

America sounded like they're becoming like Ancient Roman Empire! They prevented outsider from coming in, but of course the biggest threat wasn't from outside but inside!

Even if Trump ban the outsider from coming to America, he forgetting one thing that cause Roman Empire to fall.. That is internal conflict! Our own people!

Are America doom to repeat the history from Roman Empire that cause the split becoming East and West?


Are we heading for another Civil War?

I'm pretty sure Marcus Octavius will agree with me (from Highlander:The Search for Vengeance)

He knows its happening because he witness this during his beloved Roman Empire destruction!


That's probably the most meaningful Rome-related post I've seen you make, an unexpectedly apt comparison. Props for you.

As for the ban itself, it's been struck down by the courts every time Trump's tried to enact it, in no small part thanks to Trump's own campaign rhetoric. I don't see why that would/should change.
10209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 6/2/17
It wont pass. What little faith I have left in the USA has me say that.
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M
Offline
Posted 6/2/17 , edited 6/4/17
Obama put a travel ban in place the last time there was an ebola breakout in one of the african nations. Just treat terrorism like a deadly disease that there is no test for and only an ounce of lead will cure it.
21391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/3/17 , edited 24 days ago
Title eight, chapter 12 of U.S. Code


Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on entry of aliens any restrictions may deem to be appropriate


He has every right to ban them if we are still bothering to go by our constitution and laws.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.