First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Study find that Texas has the highest maternal Mortality rate in the developed world.
mxdan 
11949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Online
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/6/17
http://abc13.com/health/study-texas-has-highest-maternal-mortality-rate-/2065072/

As the title states apparently Texas is at borderline 3rd world country rates when it comes to maternal deaths. A number of things could be the cause but Texas has a screwed up health system to begin with so it's not really that big of a surprise I suppose.
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17
Probably has something to do with the fact they're right next to a third world country.
Edit:




Top causes of death for moms during that period were cardiac events, drug overdoses and hypertension/eclampsia


https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-legislature/2016/09/28/secrecy-bad-data-cloak-reasons-texas-surge-pregnancy-related-deaths
5796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Outer Orbit
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/6/17
Well, what does it matter, as long as enough babies survive to shoot dem mexicans on the border, YEEEEHAW! *throws cowboy hat while riding a bull and shooting from AK*
mxdan 
11949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Online
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Probably has something to do with the fact they're right next to a third world country.
Edit:




Top causes of death for moms during that period were cardiac events, drug overdoses and hypertension/eclampsia


https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-legislature/2016/09/28/secrecy-bad-data-cloak-reasons-texas-surge-pregnancy-related-deaths


California has lots of Mexicans and they are absolutely thriving by comparison...

Also that article you posted is from almost a year ago.
220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

Elvikun wrote:

Well, what does it matter, as long as enough babies survive to shoot dem mexicans on the border, YEEEEHAW! *throws cowboy hat while riding a bull and shooting from AK*


Most of the deaths are from Mexicans crossing the border...
9650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17
When you treat women's healthcare as a taboo, things like this will happen.
20760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

mxdan wrote:

Also that article you posted is from almost a year ago.


The study both articles are talking about was done in 2012. Your article says "Texas hasn't done anything in the five years since this study." The other guy's article says "That study was bullshit." Put them together, and maybe Texas didn't do anything because the study was bullshit.

Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

cdarklock wrote:


mxdan wrote:

Also that article you posted is from almost a year ago.


The study both articles are talking about was done in 2012. Your article says "Texas hasn't done anything in the five years since this study." The other guy's article says "That study was bullshit." Put them together, and maybe Texas didn't do anything because the study was bullshit.



So, you see one article contradicting another, but instead of remaining neutral and concluding you need more information, somehow you come up with the suggestion that the article is untrue?

Did you flip a coin?
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

Kavalion wrote:


Elvikun wrote:

Well, what does it matter, as long as enough babies survive to shoot dem mexicans on the border, YEEEEHAW! *throws cowboy hat while riding a bull and shooting from AK*


If everyone crossing the border were actually shot, it would save a lot of lives in the USA.


How?
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17


Less dope, diseases and cartel thugs for starters.
2051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Valhalla
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

Elvikun wrote:

Well, what does it matter, as long as enough babies survive to shoot dem mexicans on the border, YEEEEHAW! *throws cowboy hat while riding a bull and shooting from AK*


lmao.
84890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

cdarklock wrote:

The study both articles are talking about was done in 2012. Your article says "Texas hasn't done anything in the five years since this study." The other guy's article says "That study was bullshit." Put them together, and maybe Texas didn't do anything because the study was bullshit.



The more obvious reason for why, as the article says, "Texas hasn't done anything in the five years since this study" is that the study offered no reasons for the conclusion. Without reasons, there can be no actionable items, so nothing could be done.
23245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17
Well everything is bigger in Texas even the mortality rate
11837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

When you treat women's healthcare as a taboo, things like this will happen.


This is a stretch and a half. Women's health care is all the rage everywhere in the USA. This, despite 80% of gender specific diseases being in men, a life expectancy 5-7 years shorter for men, and a much higher suicide rate among men. There are seven federal institutions devoted entirely to women's health and none devoted entirely to men's health. Saying that women's health care is taboo anywhere in the US is rather 'out there'.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.